PDA

View Full Version : 2 quads in a short bed

stiffy
07-21-2003, 03:33 AM
Does anyone here load two quads in a short bed truck?? Any tricks on how to do it without hurting the quads or the truck?? Thanks

stace609
07-21-2003, 03:42 AM
but never personally.

they stand them up onto the rear grab bar like it's doing a wheelie. another option would be those holders that go into your hitch then you just put the quad on it and tie it down. we are getting one for the dirtbike. they are a couple hundred $$$ though.

sickmojave
07-21-2003, 03:44 AM
there used to be pic of them somewhere on here. you may try and do a search for them.

Tommy 17
07-21-2003, 03:47 AM
i've done it but i can't post the picture bc we can't post pics...

what u do is this...

1. put the 1st quad in backwards....
2. stand it up on its wheelie bar so the handle bars are pointin towards the cab of the truck...
3.tie it down with one tie down to each corner of the truck very tight...
4. pull the next quad up in...
5. set it on something like i set mine on my quad ramps under it bc the back wheels were on the tail gate... so that sorta distributed the weight of the quad not on the tail gate but onto the bed of the truck...
6. tie it down with 2 tie downs towards the front of the trucka nd pull it tight up against the other quad...

i know it sounds retarded but if u im me on aol TOMMY 406EX 17 i'll send u the pictures and u can see exactly what i mean... it works really good and they quads can not fall out...

kwatts400
07-21-2003, 05:10 AM
I used to carry my bikes like that, but we used a thick piece of plywood that stuck out the back of the truck about a foot past the tailgate. Worked awesome.

Glow Plug
07-21-2003, 05:12 AM
if your going to stand em up make sure to run the engine out of fuel first.

nacs400ex
07-21-2003, 06:04 AM
No run the fuel out of the carb;)

Glow Plug
07-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
No run the fuel out of the carb;)

yeah I know i guess I should of said to turn the fuel off

stiffy
07-21-2003, 06:12 AM
There is a pic in the back of dirt wheels that is like the wood idea looks like it works good but do you think that it would clear a tent trailer when being towed or turning?? Thanks

FourFiftyFour
07-21-2003, 06:38 AM
yeah I saw that.. the only thing that would worry me is it didnt look really supported from what I could see.. id be worried if i hit a bump it was cause the added on section to break and one quad to be fallin down....... I dunno.. maybe its stronger than it looks... but maybe one day I will be able to afford a little enclosed trailer..... I guess I better get a 2nd or possibly 3rd job :ermm:

markeg192
07-21-2003, 06:38 AM
Stand em up belly to belly ,tie em together and to the corners of the truck bed. I used to do this all the time and never had a problem except when I did it with a Polaris. It works well.

micah
07-21-2003, 11:40 AM
The way everyone is saying does not seem like a good idea to me. In fact putting two in a small truck is not a good idea.

I have seen people do it, and they pulled the first quad in normal and put the front tires up and on the roof above the back window (in wheelie position) then pull the other quad on normal and leave the tailgate down and the back tires will rest on the tailgate.

stiffy
07-21-2003, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by micah
[B]The way everyone is saying does not seem like a good idea to me. In fact putting two in a small truck is not a good idea.

Do you mean a small truck or a full size big truck with a short bed?

Tommy 17
07-21-2003, 01:00 PM
my trucks a mid size truck and it fit fine my way...

if i could just post the picture... go look at the rausch ride tread... u'll see a picture of my truck that ridered took and it shows how we had them loaded up...

cdalejef
07-21-2003, 01:05 PM
I used to tie them wheels to wheels in my Toyota short bed all the time. As long as you turn the gas off it won't hurt the quads or truck at all!

Chef
07-21-2003, 01:10 PM
How do you guys suggest I do this with a +8 swingarm on one bike and a +2 on the other? Tommy's way?:confused:

cdalejef
07-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Chef
How do you guys suggest I do this with a +8 swingarm on one bike and a +2 on the other? Tommy's way?:confused: :ermm: Get a trailer!!!:p

Chef
07-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
:ermm: Get a trailer!!!:p

LOL! Yea...I was just thinkin a short box 2wd regular cab pickup wouldnt pull too well....Especially wont pull the 24 foot enclosed!:( :blah: