PDA

View Full Version : how to stop push into coners?

Martin Blair
07-20-2003, 05:43 PM
How do you stop push in the conrner, i noticed i cant go to fat in the wood beacse my bike pushes alot and dives, would new front shcoks, like works, tcs, elka, ects help this, im planning on getting a new front and a rear rebuild soon, but what all will help stop push?

QuadTrix6
07-20-2003, 11:53 PM
what front tires are u running?

07-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
what front tires are u running?

And good after market shocks with zero preload help stop this from happening,..:cool:

Martin Blair
07-21-2003, 03:39 PM
just stockers, i now i need some good 6 ply going to pick up some maxxis razr 2s this winter.

will works help t all, what better works with rezzys or elkas/tcs with no rezzys?

Rice if you dont mind me asking who built your 416 and for how much? im thinking aobut gettign one this winter and am strting to do some research.

07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
ur gonna notice a big decrease in power with 6 plys...well i did..

Martin Blair
07-21-2003, 04:17 PM
y, they dont wiegh that much more do they?

07-21-2003, 04:18 PM
eh some say yes some say no but i noticed a big decrease in power, 1 good thing i have to say is i never had a flat but unless your riding in alot of rocks and stuff 4 plys will work just as good

seven
07-21-2003, 06:20 PM
A lot of it has to do with the tire combo you choose. If you get more traction in your back tires you will have them pushing your fronts threw the corners. Or if you have more traction in the front tires you will be spinnen cookies. Other then that check your air pressure. You can gain or loose traction by how much air pressure you have in your tires. Less air=more traction except on ice. Anything under 5psi and you will need beadlocks.

BigThumper33
07-21-2003, 06:28 PM
I specifically remember watching a discovery channel episode where they were crossing Antartica, and they lowered their tire pressure down to like 2 psi in a SUV for better traction....so less pressure is also more traction on ice...

I remember reading that more rebound in the front shocks will help with push in the corners...

seven
07-21-2003, 06:40 PM
I was talking about Studded ice tires. We will run upwards of 25 psi to get the studs to stick in the ice. We do the indoor ice races on the hockey rinks. I know what epsode you are talking about, they had a tricked out land rover with 35 inch tires and bars all the way around it so they wouldnt fall in any caves.

07-21-2003, 06:51 PM
The rebound speed and the preload that will effect the speed will both change how the front end pushes or washes out.

Tire pressure as stated earlier will also make a diff.

As far as bead locks this depends a lot on the tire itself. I have run as low as 2lb without probs in a 6ply kenda.

If your running stk suspension this could be part of it and if your running the stk tires the fronts didnt push too bad untill there really worn down.

I did run a set of old holeshots that were about 50%+ worn in the front and they pushed like a mofo compared to the stockers.

KrazyKid300ex
07-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
I specifically remember watching a discovery channel episode where they were crossing Antartica, and they lowered their tire pressure down to like 2 psi in a SUV for better traction....so less pressure is also more traction on ice...

I remember reading that more rebound in the front shocks will help with push in the corners...

i saw that too. weren't they in some toyotas 4 runners or something? its cool when they fixed the flat.

boogiechile
07-22-2003, 05:03 AM
HN400exracer

push in the corners is called understeer in racing terms. the opposite of pushing is oversteer, that means the back will come around more easily in turns. Go to http://extremegarage.com/techtips/stechtip.htm
and look at the chart near the bottom of the page. what you want to do to stop your pushing is any of the things that are listed to increase oversteer. look at the chart and try to find things you think could be the cause on your quad and go from there.

Martin Blair
07-22-2003, 07:31 AM
thanks alot