PDA

View Full Version : Sparks stud fix for the 400ex ??

bandit390
07-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Anyone got sparks stud fix? I blew my 2nd head gasket on my 440 and something has to be done. Sparks told me 15$ for the studs and 15$ for the work. It seems cheap enough....but is it worth it?

Any comments from people who had this done?

bmw500hp
07-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by bandit390
Anyone got sparks stud fix? I blew my 2nd head gasket on my 440 and something has to be done. Sparks told me 15$ for the studs and 15$ for the work. It seems cheap enough....but is it worth it?

Any comments from people who had this done?

I know you are looking or comments from those who had it done, but to get your question moving I ask, other than gaskets, what means do you have or have been considered to address the problem?

Lastly, have you discussed head gaskets with Scott? Also, what is the total price for completed work of all studs and labor.

methyman
07-20-2003, 01:57 PM
It is a good thing to do. I have several friends with 440 kits in there bike and all put the stud update in them. No head gasket failures so far for any of them. It will be the best money ever spent. I would suggest the Curtis Sparks head gasket for the 440 also.

Latas

Matthew

bandit390
07-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
I know you are looking or comments from those who had it done, but to get your question moving I ask, other than gaskets, what means do you have or have been considered to address the problem?

Lastly, have you discussed head gaskets with Scott? Also, what is the total price for completed work of all studs and labor.

Other than a stud fix or different gaskets, what else could you do?

No, I never talked to Scott. Is there a thread about it?

I called sparks the other day and was told 30$ total for the labor and studs. I already have cometic gasket for it.