PDA

View Full Version : computer Help

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 12:21 PM
hey guys i know we got a few computer genius here and well i got some major pc problems

well first off i can not download anything whats so ever

second thing is when ever i right click on a webpages i get explorer fatal error

i have no clue how to fix theses and i was wondering if any of you have any ideas im going insane trying to fix it

lex luger
07-20-2003, 12:31 PM
are you using 98 or xp? try reinstalling either of them, windows 98 does it alot when youre using up alot of hardwear space

*hard drive :D

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 12:38 PM
well im using 98 and im not really sure how to completely uninstall it the way i have been doing it is to restart with the 98 floppy in the drive and go that way i know there is a way in dos mode to uninstall everything but i am unsure what to put

and as far as befull on the hard drive i have to my main one is a 37.2 gb and i have 34 gb left

and on the the other one it is completely empty and it hold 25.2gb its empty cuz i got it cleaned out when i tryed to uninstall but thanks for the help

Striker49
07-20-2003, 01:07 PM
:confused:

Have you tried updating it on the MS website? It could be a bug that they have fixed recently. Just an idea. Honestly Ive never had or heard of that problem before. :ermm:

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 01:40 PM
hey striker i would try updating off of ms but i cant download to update it so thats my big problem right now but the thanks for the ideas anyway

Striker49
07-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
hey striker i would try updating off of ms but i cant download to update it so thats my big problem right now but the thanks for the ideas anyway

Doh! I forgot. :o

Maybe you could download the updates onto a disk from another computer and transfer em. Thats the only other thing I know of off the top of my head. :ermm:

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 01:47 PM
thats a godd idea i may have to look and see if they have an update now i didnt think of that at all thanks man

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 01:49 PM
hey do you know the think you type in dos mode to delete every thing i think it */del but its not working for me

Striker49
07-20-2003, 01:57 PM
hey do you know the think you type in dos mode to delete every thing i think it */del but its not working for me

:confused2 I havent messed with DOS in years. Not since we packed up the ol 33mhz Packard Bell. :huh I honestly dont know. Im sure there is a website somewhere you could get help from on DOS.

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 02:01 PM
alright thanks anyway

ahh anyone else have any ideas this thing is starting to piss me off

spliffy
07-20-2003, 02:47 PM
format c: <that will delete everything off a disk but you cant be using the disk to run windows at the same time... so you can use the floppy startup disk or a actual windows disk, when you use format c: you will loose everything on the disk INCLUDING the operating system so make sure you have a windows disk so you can put it back on

bansheerider_13
07-20-2003, 02:53 PM
where do i go to type format c or what ever

cudaman
07-20-2003, 05:56 PM
where do i go to type format c or what ever

the dos command prompt

RAGE
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Really if you inexperienced as this I would almost say take it to someone who knows what they are doing..

There are too many stupid little things to think of that might be wrong to try and debug like this. Plus I would upgrade operating systems, 98 even in the SE versions has so many problems its not worth screwing with.