PDA

View Full Version : Predator questions

ktMan
07-20-2003, 07:40 AM
well my neighbor with the predator has had it for a couple weeks now and has got used to it now. he used to have an old yamaha moto-4, he used to be able to cat walk the thing forever, it had no suspension and was 200 cc i think, anywas he wants to be able to do that on his preddy, but isnt sure what gear is best for this task. we were wondering what gear he should be using? what gear do yous think he should try it in? and he got a whole bunch of tools with it that came under the seat ,but one looks like a bottle opener, what is that for??:confused: also the chain is adjusted to the right specifications ,but when he rides slow, it chatters and clicks alot, like it doesnt sound right ,what is that anything he can do about that?

CowsBitePeople
07-20-2003, 07:43 AM
The tool can be a shock adjustor or something??try 1st:confused:

ktMan
07-20-2003, 07:45 AM
no its not a shock adjuster, i think its for the spark plug , i hate where the spark plug is on it. right under the gas tank

CowsBitePeople
07-20-2003, 07:47 AM
Thats where it is on the 400 2 , do you have a pic of the tool??

ktMan
07-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
Thats where it is on the 400 2 , do you have a pic of the tool?? no sir i dont , its weird looking

ktMan
07-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by trxman
no sir i dont , its weird looking the spark plug is like that on alot of the polaris atv's, i dont like it:ermm:

CowsBitePeople
07-20-2003, 07:56 AM
I hate where it is located it makes it soooo hard to change because u cant see what ur doin:grr:

ktMan
07-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
I hate where it is located it makes it soooo hard to change because u cant see what ur doin:grr: ya my freinds old polaris was like that, my dad was doing carb work and all that and everything was so hard to get at. the spark plug was almost impossible to get at, we just took off the gas tank. made everything simple

CowsBitePeople
07-20-2003, 08:08 AM
the 1st time i went to change mine it took me a half hour to get it out because the tools didnt really fit in there

curtissparks400
07-20-2003, 08:09 AM
what is cat walkin:confused: ,riding sideways?

CowsBitePeople
07-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Isnt it like an idleing wheelie??

250x#93
07-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by curtissparks400
what is cat walkin:confused: ,riding sideways?

Hmm I was wonderin that too:) :confused:

ktMan
07-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by curtissparks400
what is cat walkin:confused: ,riding sideways? ohh sorry thats my canadian vocabulary ,no its a wheelie

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 10:15 AM
no its not a shock adjuster, i think its for the spark plug , i hate where the spark plug is on it. right under the gas tank yeah, but all it takes is to pull one fuel line and one tank bolt and it pulls right out.....;) As far as wheelies go......third gear baby........:blah: Troy can pull a wheelie and ride it out faster than I can go full throddle on my 400ex......:blah: :D not sure why tools didnt work,cause all ours did:confused:

ktMan
07-20-2003, 10:17 AM
well hes not sure if they work or not its just that he doesnt know what that one is for?? the bottle opener one:confused:

ktMan
07-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
yeah, but all it takes is to pull one fuel line and one tank bolt and it pulls right out.....;) As far as wheelies go......third gear baby........:blah: Troy can pull a wheelie and ride it out faster than I can go full throddle on my 400ex......:blah: :D not sure why tools didnt work,cause all ours did:confused: is he doing those wheelies on a predator?

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 10:32 AM
well hes not sure if they work or not its just that he doesnt know what that one is for?? the bottle opener one:confused: The bottle opener one is for your spark plug..;) If I was able to post a pic, I would show you.:) the socket goes over the spark plug, and the bottle opener thing goes on the socket so you can twist (so to speak)..... Aslo, dont lose that swrewdricver lookin thing with the yellow handle..........You will need it one day to tighten you plastics on the quad.......Hope this helps.......Tina :)

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 10:34 AM
is he doing those wheelies on a predator? Yup.. ask a few memebers who just went on our duning trip how it wheelies....:cool: :blah: once ou practice it.....its sooooooo easy to get it up........ I have some pics somewhere also, may have some at my sonyimagation since I cant post pics with the site being down for posting........

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 10:35 AM
The bottle opener one is for your spark plug..;) If I was able to post a pic, I would show you.:) the socket goes over the spark plug, and the bottle opener thing goes on the socket so you can twist (so to speak)..... Aslo, dont lose that swrewdricver lookin thing with the yellow handle..........You will need it one day to tighten you plastics on the quad.......Hope this helps.......Tina :) wow........me bad..........Type O...............:o

440exnacsracer
07-20-2003, 05:57 PM
ya the star bit screwdriver...youll need it alot, the fenders loosen alot, tell him to put lock washers on all the fender bolts. as for wheelies, i do my wheelies from a stop in 1st.. if rolling, i go for 2nd or 3rd......i rode some wheelies at my grandads sod farm from a stop with my cousin on the back.....id start in 1st and do kindof an ideling wheelie, then switch, and kept doin that to 5th gear sometimes....man thats hairy cause im guessin it was in the 65-70mph range......he he someones new sodded yard has streaks in it from my new kenda klaws too:D :devil:

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
ya the star bit screwdriver...youll need it alot, the fenders loosen alot, tell him to put lock washers on all the fender bolts. as for wheelies, i do my wheelies from a stop in 1st.. if rolling, i go for 2nd or 3rd......i rode some wheelies at my grandads sod farm from a stop with my cousin on the back.....id start in 1st and do kindof an ideling wheelie, then switch, and kept doin that to 5th gear sometimes....man thats hairy cause im guessin it was in the 65-70mph range......he he someones new sodded yard has streaks in it from my new kenda klaws too:D :devil: HAHAHAHA........:p

Chef
07-20-2003, 06:39 PM
: once ou practice it.....its sooooooo easy to get it up........ I have some pics somewhere also, may have some at my sonyimagation since I cant post pics with the site being down for posting........

So you have pics of Troy getting it up do ya? :eek: :huh

QuadJunkies
07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Chef
So you have pics of Troy getting it up do ya? :eek: :huh :devil: :eek: :o .........