PDA

View Full Version : Bad news to the maybe one of you that care

Prazak250EX
07-19-2003, 06:41 PM
First off, I'm only 15 years old. Keep this in mind as you read

Well today its official, I'm screwed for the next bout 5 years. Today my dad hit the roof, stopped makin payments on my bike and told me from now on, you only live here. No money from me, no money for clothes, no money for the movies, no internet from me not a damn thing. You want this @#%$ then you work for it yourself. You've bl&&p&d me over for the last time. You make the payments on your bike, you get your own clothes, cuz that's the attitude your givin me. What better burden could you place on the shoulders of an adolescent w/no experience who's never had a job before. To make matters worse, my "girlfriend" is completely f*in me over. god I love her so much. She's friggin perfect, loves to ride, HOT, smart, NOT PREPPY. But she's gone now.

anyone got an idea of where I can get a job at fifteen stinkin years old? any ideas would be much helpful seeing as how I only have limited time to continue viewing this forum. heck, to continue doing anything. I have to make $2800 payments over the next 2 years. so I think I'm screwed. Please help me guys

jcv400ex
07-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Well, I think I'd put my effort in the direction of stop pissing off Dad and learn that it's his house and he makes the rules.......learn it, then you'll get respect........wise up brother, it's only going to get worst if you don't. You DON'T wanna doubt for a minute that he's wrong and your right. Turn over a new leaf, suck in the pride, and admit he's right.....then follow the rules. Don't wanna mess up the rest of your life to play candyass games.....not worth it.:ermm:

own2424
07-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Umm...whatever you decide to do...GOOD LUCK!

310Rduner
07-19-2003, 06:47 PM
ohh wtf have you been doing to piss him off so much.. are you a bad kid or something???:confused: :confused:

gotta be pretty hard stuff to get that kinda response from your dad

Prazak250EX
07-19-2003, 06:51 PM
No I ain't a bad kid. Never been arrested, never been taken down to the station. I guess my arsehole Dad's under alotta stress. But I can't center my life around his night shift schedule. He said I destroy everything that I touch of his, but I'm a kid. I can't help it. Who here has NEVER EVER not once broke anything of their dad's. Said I had an attitude, but I'm a teen, that's expected. I think he's serious this time. Wow life can't be much better than this. that's all I have to say for now

Peace

jcv400ex
07-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, you've just made your own list......wasting time posting here isn't going to do it......fix the chit and move on. 15 years old, maybe it's time to grow up some. Don't know the situation, but sounds like he's trying and your not.

L.Vegas400
07-19-2003, 06:57 PM
sounds to me like he had a reason to do this. thats just over $50 a month for the bike. how big is the town you live in? and old friend of mine swept the parking lot of a gas station. he did it long enough to pay for college and day to day expences. you should actually feel lucky having a bike at 15. i had to wait till i got out of high school and made a little money of my own to get mine. and it still took me 3 years after high school to get one. maybe you shousl nut up and do what he asks and not give any lip back. not saying you dont do this already, but somthings wrong......

Sparky416ex
07-19-2003, 07:00 PM
walk in and apologize to your dad....im a teen...im 14 and i dont have an attitude...sure iv been in a bad mood.....im not sure if i have broken anyhting of my dads.....but if i ever do...i would be sure and replace it somehow....i got a job this summer and have made 800$ im a year younger than you.....look before you give up! another word of advice, never call your dad an arsehole and someone else on here has no right to do so either...thats very disrespectfull and if you were supporting someone and you figured out they were callin you an arsehole to hundreds of people on an atv forum which they wouldnt be on if you hadnt of bought them this atv...you would have went through the roof too...think about it!

good luck

nh300ex
07-19-2003, 07:11 PM
well i'm 13,
and i dont know about dads(mine took off cause he is a crackhead) but with my ma i get in fights and stuff but its just cause i'm in a bad mood or she is. she says stuff like that but doesnt mean it and usually our fights turn in to a game. its sorta wierd. I dont know if i have an attitude or not tho?

i want a job too, lol, but no one wants to hire a 13 year old:( owell, i'll be 14 in september and i can get a job then

if i was you then i would go in and apoligize to your dad and not beg or anything, start doing your chores and stuff. dont do to much like your kissing up tho. but do enough to show your dad that you can work and everything, he may just be testing you to see how you react and if you actually try and get a job or if you sit on your arse all day and complain about it

Prazak250EX
07-19-2003, 07:12 PM
thats just over $50 a month for the bike. how big is the town you live in?

I live in a small town filled w/old people. I was readin somewheres about this town being the gem of the west coast. My my my how wrong they are. 42,000 people 80% of which are old. I'm not sure about my job issue but whatever I do I better do it quick. Cuz I'm screwed.

got a job this summer and have made 800$ im a year younger than you

I bet you also live in a bigger town than I, and people don't look at you and think, stoner.
also......

if you were supporting someone and you figured out they were callin you an arsehole to hundreds of people on an atv forum

I think he's made it clear that he don't want to support me anymore.

enuff sorrow, I need more job ideas

JOEX
07-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Start putting applications at every estabishment around..... you'll have to start at the bottom as most people, washing dishes, bussing tables, pumping gas, picking up garbage, wiping someones *** etc... Most are crappy jobs (no pun intended:p ) but once you establish yourself as a hard, honest worker things will improve. Just gotta work hard and prove yourself.....

It is your Dads house, you have to play by his rules. If you're breaking his chit, don't touch it. Using 'i'm a teenager' as an excuse is not going to cut it. It may be time to step up a bit and work on becomming an adult. It is inevitable...

Good luck, Joe

jcv400ex
WOW! Your more immature than I thought..........dude, he can't stop supporting you....your habits, yes.....but WISE up and fix the ****! It's not going to happen!!!!! BTW, I want my 4 minutes back for replying to this.......cuz it was obviously worthless.....

nh300ex
if you live in a small town like me then go around to farms and horse farms and stuff and look for jobs at them
if all the people are old, then think of things you can do for old people, like walkling dogs, mowing lawns...

Prazak250EX
07-19-2003, 07:18 PM
but WISE up and fix the ****!

I'm thinkin bout apologizin. arse kissin...among other things. I'm immature yes, but that'll get over one day. needs to happen now. you guys surprise me with the responses. Good to know that someone else cares. I just don't know what I'm typin just whatever comes out I guess. Much loss and stress is among me.

Sparky416ex
07-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Prazak250EX
I live in a small town filled w/old people. I was readin somewheres about this town being the gem of the west coast. My my my how wrong they are. 42,000 people 80% of which are old. I'm not sure about my job issue but whatever I do I better do it quick. Cuz I'm screwed.

I bet you also live in a bigger town than I, and people don't look at you and think, stoner.
also......

I think he's made it clear that he don't want to support me anymore.

enuff sorrow, I need more job ideas

I went to louisville kentucky everyday to scrapp and clean houses...an hour and 45 minute drive....a truck driver drove me...i ussually didnt get home till about 10 or 11 no lie...but it was worth the money i got paid good...all those hours gave me 800$ in just two weeks....also you built up your own reputation as a stoner...

i would have made it clear that i wasnt supporting anymore also...it sounds like to me you are just feeling sorry for yourself right now...so nothing will help until you wake up and act like your 15...

nh300ex
07-19-2003, 07:22 PM
ha ha i know what people lookin at u like a stoner is like
i live in a tiny town and me and my friends ride bmx at town hall in the parkinglot and when we talk to people some times they talk about these stoners that hang out down there and they dont know its us.
its stupid how people do that but u just gotta live with it and try and make it better

Martin Blair
07-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Well, I think I'd put my effort in the direction of stop pissing off Dad and learn that it's his house and he makes the rules.......learn it, then you'll get respect........wise up brother, it's only going to get worst if you don't. You DON'T wanna doubt for a minute that he's wrong and your right. Turn over a new leaf, suck in the pride, and admit he's right.....then follow the rules. Don't wanna mess up the rest of your life to play candyass games.....not worth it.:ermm:

yep

hey man might not seme like much but McD is always hiring and look arround to mow peoples yards and other stuff, or ask your mom.

Martin Blair
07-19-2003, 07:24 PM
or you could ahve the bibke titled in your name and if your dad doesnt pay then they cant tke it away beacuse its in your name like he sold it to you, so they cant take it.

JOEX
07-19-2003, 07:25 PM
[B]I live in a small town filled w/old people. I was readin somewheres about this town being the gem of the west coast. My my my how wrong they are. 42,000 people 80% of which are old. I'm not sure about my job issue but whatever I do I better do it quick........B]
42,000 is not a small town:ermm:

Prazak250EX
07-19-2003, 07:29 PM
I don't know people I'm off to bed. too much feelin sorry. you guys are right I'mma have to step up and kiss some arse. I admit he's right. it's gonna be extremely difficult. it's gonna be long. but if I pull this off, then I'll feel great.

btw, I didn't build my reputation as a stoner. I don't smoke pot. Tried it a few times I'll admit but I ain't a daily toker. Maybe it's my friends but hey, they're my friends. but how the heck is a 15 year old sposed to act.........

I got lots to think about so g'nite people

07-19-2003, 07:41 PM
I try to stay out of these threads but somehow this one got me thinking.

Either way (working or working your dad) you deff got some work to do. What ever direction you choose get your arse in gear and get it done, and I bet you your dad will come around if he sees your serious.

As far as work possibilities from what your saying there are a lot of older people around that should need anything from getting things cleaned up to fixing and moving stuff they cant on their own. So get your butt to working these people if thats the way you decide to go.

Either way better get busy b4 your stuff gets repo'ed.

:D

Got Huevos?
07-19-2003, 09:41 PM

Well today its official, I'm screwed for the next bout 5 years. Today my dad hit the roof, stopped makin payments on my bike and told me from now on, you only live here. No money from me, no money for clothes, no money for the movies, no internet from me not a damn thing. You want this @#%$ then you work for it yourself. You've bl&&p&d me over for the last time. You make the payments on your bike, you get your own clothes, cuz that's the attitude your givin me. What better burden could you place on the shoulders of an adolescent w/no experience who's never had a job before. To make matters worse, my "girlfriend" is completely f*in me over. god I love her so much. She's friggin perfect, loves to ride, HOT, smart, NOT PREPPY. But she's gone now.

anyone got an idea of where I can get a job at fifteen stinkin years old? any ideas would be much helpful seeing as how I only have limited time to continue viewing this forum. heck, to continue doing anything. I have to make $2800 payments over the next 2 years. so I think I'm screwed. Please help me guys

well first get up off ur lazy a** and stop being spoiled i got my first job when i was 14 im 15 now. i was getting minuimum wage and making 500 dollars every 2 weeks and dont give me that crap about being in a small town i lived in one myself when i worked at that place i worked everyday but sundays and during summer i worked from 6:00am to 6:00pm and every sometimes till 8:00am but had to wake up at 5:00am becuz the place i worked at was 30 minutes away. i made 3000 in 4 months so 2800 is very easy to get so stop crying u look and act like ur about 10 years old crying about all that acting like u have to hard cuz u gotta finaly get a job and ur already 15. u dont have any idea compared to some people. also as soon as i turn 16 cuz now im in a big city i gotta find a full time job to help my mom pay bills. u know that i may drop out just to keep a roof over me and my moms head but its all good cuz im used to it so get up grow some balls. mature very quickly stop crying and get a job u'd be surprized how much minuimum wage goes at the end of every week.and if u think im bullcrappin about what i said then u have alot more to relize then i thought.

bansheeguy77
07-20-2003, 01:20 AM
sell the quad its only a 250ex and give him the money that u make off of it. the best thing you could evre do in ur life is to make up with your father. i think what worked for me was sit down and have a one on one. just have a serious talk no yelling or anything tell each other whats wrong and how to work on it. dont kiss his *** but let him know you want to start over, things will change just to give u a chance. no matter what he says to u he still loves u....

SpeedBump
07-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey, wait, is this my son????????? ahhh, can't be. He would be tooo lazy to reply to all these threads.

For the record....@ 14yrs old, I took a job at a local Ice-cream Stand cleaning tables, dumpin trash, cleaning toilets (disgusting work)and sweeping a hugh parking lot, not to mention mowing a 2acre field/yard. The reason I did all this is because I wanted that new HUFFY motocross bike. (Remember boys and girls this was WAY long ago, over 20yrs) I tried to get the money from Mom and Dad ($114.00) They couldn't afford it, with 4 kids and my Dad laid off from work and other bills. They told me to get a summer job and buy it myself ( I already had a decent bike, but wanted THIS ONE! It was one of the very first ones that came with the alloy 5 spoked wheels instead of wire spokes) Well, I got the job and started trying to save $$$$$$ but with $10.00/week It was going to take FOREVER to save enough for the bike. My Mom was casually talking to her boss about me, and he was sooo impressd with me going out and doing that, he came to the house and made me a deal. He would loan me the money ($100.00 difference that I still needed) and I would pay him back......WITH INTEREST! ($125) To make this long story short....I got the bike, paid him back, showed my parents I was responsible and most importantly, learned a valuable lesson...WORK HARD to get what you want. BTW The next year (Dad got called back to work) I got a new MOTORCYCLE!!!! I also got a REAL job at the grocery store that the owners of the IceCream Stand also owned. I worked there until I graduated from highschool, and also during my first year of college. Start small, work your way up. Oh ya, the Huffy bike......it is in the basement right now, SMASHED, RUSTY and in real bad shape. 4 years ago, I spent over $300 and restored it (bearings, chain, tires, grips, wheels, you name it, I replaced it) for my son because he wanted it. Well, back to the beginning of my reply......Is this MY SON? NAHHH!!!

Grow up dude! Get a job! Respect your parents! Quit WHINING!

RytM1
07-20-2003, 03:25 AM
Quit using your age as an excuse! (I'm expected to break things..I'm expected to have an attitude). If you are expected to act like a 15 year old, then expect to get treated like one. Excuses are like a-holes, everyones got one. For whatever reason you are being labeled as a stoner, change that. If its the way you dress, things you do, etc. Sometimes you have to show/tell people what THEY want to see/hear. In my line of work, when I go to court to tesitfy, go to speak with States Attorney's, or Judges, I am either wearing a suit, or slacks, shirt and tie at the least. Presentation is everything (aside from conducting yourself properly also). If you go and apply for a job, wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt, and frayed bell-bottom pants hanging around your crotch, I will pretty much guarantee that your application will be put at the bottom of the pile. Start putting in job applications wherever you can. Some places have requirements for getting jobs when you are younger than 16, so find out what you need to do, and do it. I am in no way pinning all the burden of recent events on your shoulders, and pops may be stressed out a bit, but give it a day or two, and talk to him about it, CALMLY!! Give him the respect that he deserves as your father, and for what he has done for you since day one, and unless he is a complete a-hole, you will get that respect in return. Obviously, your father respects you enough, and trusts that you are responsible enough to have and operate a quad at this age in the first place, or he probably wouldn't have bought it. As for the girlie situation, thats a tough one. She may be hot, and likes to ride, but she's still young and trying to figure out what she wants in life, just like you are probably doing. Girlfriends will come and go, but your parents will always be your parents. Get your situation straightened out at home first, and the other things will start to fall into place.

AtvMxRider
07-20-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Well, you've just made your own list......wasting time posting here isn't going to do it......fix the chit and move on. 15 years old, maybe it's time to grow up some. Don't know the situation, but sounds like he's trying and your not.

I agree with you 100%.

hondafox440
07-20-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
Quit using your age as an excuse! (I'm expected to break things..I'm expected to have an attitude). If you are expected to act like a 15 year old, then expect to get treated like one. Excuses are like a-holes, everyones got one. For whatever reason you are being labeled as a stoner, change that. If its the way you dress, things you do, etc. Sometimes you have to show/tell people what THEY want to see/hear. In my line of work, when I go to court to tesitfy, go to speak with States Attorney's, or Judges, I am either wearing a suit, or slacks, shirt and tie at the least. Presentation is everything (aside from conducting yourself properly also). If you go and apply for a job, wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt, and frayed bell-bottom pants hanging around your crotch, I will pretty much guarantee that your application will be put at the bottom of the pile. Start putting in job applications wherever you can. Some places have requirements for getting jobs when you are younger than 16, so find out what you need to do, and do it. I am in no way pinning all the burden of recent events on your shoulders, and pops may be stressed out a bit, but give it a day or two, and talk to him about it, CALMLY!! Give him the respect that he deserves as your father, and for what he has done for you since day one, and unless he is a complete a-hole, you will get that respect in return. Obviously, your father respects you enough, and trusts that you are responsible enough to have and operate a quad at this age in the first place, or he probably wouldn't have bought it. As for the girlie situation, thats a tough one. She may be hot, and likes to ride, but she's still young and trying to figure out what she wants in life, just like you are probably doing. Girlfriends will come and go, but your parents will always be your parents. Get your situation straightened out at home first, and the other things will start to fall into place.

Beat me to it. Yoy sound like a whiny ******* dude. Suck it up and stop acting like you're "supposed" to act, and act responsible.

Chanman420q
07-20-2003, 04:13 AM
ok ur 15 years old, so am i and i work at giffy B-B-Q so stop saying u cant work cuz even im sick of that excuse. And before that, i mowed about 4 diffrant peoples lawns, i raked leaves and i snow blowed driveways. Theres always something to be done :mad:

on a nice note............ get a new dad:grr:

DaveEX7
07-20-2003, 04:38 AM
I have a job.... stockin shelves. Ya its not the best job in the world but it gets me 100 a week. I mow my neighbors lawns for $20 an acre, so in a week thats about another 100. Theres lots of stuff you can do, even volunteer for comunity service or somethin maybe you'l get payed under the table. Keep yourself busy and show/try to show your dad that you're not really a stoner.

Hey, I'm 15 also and Il be 16 in October, no one will hire me around here except for the local grocery store cause they just needed the extra help, but you can do a bunch of other stuff besides look for a high paying job, your not gonna get that much anyways cause you're too young for a big check, and after taxes you'll loose $60 after every paycheck like I do.

Being 15 is no excuse, offer to stuff around the house and fix things up like that. And loosein the quad is not the end of the world I hate to let ya know. So what you will be rivin in another year and a half you wont need a quad to haul your *** around then.

I dunno Im just tossin in my 2 cents hope somethin good comes outta this mess. Good Luck.

86350x
07-20-2003, 04:58 AM
LOL! I bought my dad his quad:confused2

I've been paying for all the above since I was 12. Get a job at a local restaraunt for starters. I guess it was a bit easier for me though because I always had 2 part time jobs (farming included), and still managed to play sports in school. The restaruant job should be easy enough to find. You'll probrably start out washing dishes, it sucks but should help pay for you newfound expenses.

Pluss theres usually a few good looking waitresses to look at while your working in most places..........:ermm:

Narly R
07-20-2003, 06:50 AM
Prazaka250ex where do you live?

sylvan56473
07-20-2003, 07:37 AM
It sounds to me that you don't know the value of a dollar and dad is trying to teach you. It also sounds like dad wants some respect. And he should damn well have it! Kissing his arse isn't going to help, he wants real respect. Start by doing the things that 15 year olds are suppose to do; mowing the lawn, washing dishes, cleaning the house, ect... And by doing everything he asks you to do.

(recap)

#1. Get your dads respect!!!!!!!!!!

#2. Do what your suppose to do, and keep doing it!

#3. Once you have accomplished the first two, tell your dad that you are ready for a job and ask him if he can help you find one.

Maybe someone can help me out on this one, but I had heard that it costs $100,000 dollars to raise a kid to the age of 18! And that was a couple of years ago. Can you imagine trying to afford that?!?!?!

my .02 cents

trueblue450
07-20-2003, 08:44 AM
what the hell.. when i was 14 i wanted a dam job. I don't understand how you can't have a job. **** if your parents pay for everything then you will never realize the value of a hard earned dollar. Got get a job you lazy bum.. and clean the god dam house.:cuss:

honda_250x_87
07-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
Got get a job you lazy bum.. and clean the god dam house.:cuss:

hahaha lmfao! im sure its not that hard to find a crappy job to pay off ur quad.. i kno i'd get one real fast.. i paid for my bike, cash!

07-20-2003, 10:38 AM
listen kid you seriously need a good kick in the *** for what you are saying. "oh i'm pissed at my dad cuz he wont pay for my quad anymore" well boo hoo kid i am willing to bet that a majority of the people here didnt get the chance to have their parents hook them up with a quad. I know i sure didnt i was busting my *** on a farm when i was your age. and as for going back and kissing your dads *** you should be out there working and showing your ol man that you arent a little punk and that you can get off your *** and find ajob before you end up like most of the snot nosed kids these days.

JTRtrx250r
07-20-2003, 11:14 AM
its part of being a teen man,too old to play w/ toys and too young to do other things,let your dad know you arn't just a sponge....do some chit for him...w/o being asked,wash his car/truck,mow the lawn,empty the garbage...you know the little things,let him know that what he said is sinking in,my first job was babysitting and made $50 a weekend ,which was good fundage for a 13yr old kid,old ppl cant do alot aof yardwork so start asking your neighbors,regardless I think you should step up and tell your "pa" the chits sinking in and you want his respect back,most kids dont even think about the butt-whipe they use........untill they dont have any:D step up dude....this is just the beginning of a long road called life;)

killed300ex
07-20-2003, 12:27 PM
ok to start i havent read anyones post so dont make fun of me if i restate anyhting but here is how i see it im 16 to let you know

I feel he did the right thing because what he has done is going to teach you that dad isnt a portable bank account all your life and that you are going to have to fend for yourself you have abviously been spoiled since he bought the wheler buys your cloths gives you money. I see it this way because since i was 12 i havent seen a red cent from my parents. And to be quite honest its prolly the best thing they could have done for me cause now ill be molre set when i move out. Iv worked my *** off since i was 12 at a local farm making minimum wage just to be able to buy some cloths. Then i started to save bought my own wheeler then i saved even more and bought a ttruck and put gas in it ect. Let me tell you when you actually own somehting it means a whoile lot more to you then if its someone elses. I think he did a good deed to you you might not realize it now but in 5 years when your on your own making money because dad gave you a swift kik in the arse and taught you to fend for yourself you will be thanking him i know im thanking my parents for doing it to me. It made me an extremly responsible kid at a young age and everyone i know says i have one of the best work ethics of anyone they know i know work 55 hours a week+ at the farm. So just a look at it from the other side it will make you a better person you might hate him now but u will thank him later
sry i just had to rant
killed

Prazak250EX
07-20-2003, 03:49 PM
job search in progress. feel better now. realized that I"m a lazy Mo FO and I need get up and out. This chit's opened my eyes, but I'll keep you guys posted i

f anything works out:ermm:

07-20-2003, 03:55 PM
job search in progress. feel better now. realized that I"m a lazy Mo FO and I need get up and out. This chit's opened my eyes, but I'll keep you guys posted i

f anything works out:ermm:

Dont say "if" say when it works out.

And just a job hunt hint. Dont give up easy. You would be suprised how much you can impress a potential employer just by showing them bad you want the job and that your willing to work at getting it. Wont work as well once you get older so use it now.

rigged400ex
07-20-2003, 04:28 PM
if i where you i would start taking drugs and do skip school and maby get arested and then tell the every one that you are that way cuz your dad doesnt support you

JOEX
07-20-2003, 04:28 PM
This thread should be put in the FAQ's for all the other kids that think they have it rough.

Prazak250EX, and others, finding a job is a job in itself. You may have to apply dozens of establishments and go through several interviews with potential employers to land a job. Stick with it and don't get discouraged if you don't get the job you want.

Starting at the bottom can actually be a very good thing. If you're a hard worker you will ba able to work your way up the "ladder", learning various positions at an establishment and eventually become a valuable asset to the company if you know how to the work required at various positions...;)

Joe

roostin_dale
07-20-2003, 04:51 PM
:mad: you really pi$$ed me off man!! Your 15 and your daddy still buys you stuff for your quad. I bought my first qaud when i was 12!! Im 14 and i buy my own chit..dont be a baby. "My daddy wont pay for my quad now". KID come on..im 14 and making an easy $5,000+ a year in a town with 1,300 people!! Buy a dam mower and mow yards dude!!

:cuss god i can't stress enough how mad I am. Your 15..you can get a job easy!!! Sounds to me like your dad spoiled you since you were 2 years old and you havent worked longer than an hour in your life!

In spring/summer i mow yards and bail hay. In fall i rake leaves and still mow a little. Then in winter i shovel snow! Its not too hard for a kid to make $2,800 in two years! Alot of times i wont even let my dad buy stuff for my quad...that way when he gets pi$$ed then he can't yell at me and say he paid for it! All he has bought me for my c-dale is a set of Holeshots for a graduation present and an extra set of $99 plastic for my birthday!

I'm really sorry if i made anyone mad but this is just my opinion!

07-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Really dude u gotta grow up a lil. Now my parents did buy me my first quad but i was only like 10 years old. Well when i got ready for a 400ex i saved up myslef by gettin a jpb at the local mx track. i make close to 450 a month. Plus i do some side stuff and buy cars and fix them up and resale them but I bought my 400ex with cash. Ive put all my mods on with my money. And i asure u that my parents will not purchase anything major for my quad. They might get me some stuff for my b-day like a bumper or tires but i want to purchase everything out of my own pocket. GROW UP!

DaveEX7
07-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
Really dude u gotta grow up a lil. Now my parents did buy me my first quad but i was only like 10 years old. Well when i got ready for a 400ex i saved up myslef by gettin a jpb at the local mx track. i make close to 450 a month. Plus i do some side stuff and buy cars and fix them up and resale them but I bought my 400ex with cash. Ive put all my mods on with my money. And i asure u that my parents will not purchase anything major for my quad. They might get me some stuff for my b-day like a bumper or tires but i want to purchase everything out of my own pocket. GROW UP!

My parents did the same thing, they bought me the 250 and I offered to pay for it once I got the money and that was our deal... they buy, I pay the rest cause it is MY responsibility.

And 2 years later I had 1500 saved up and just dumped it into the quad, and the rest I tossed in the bank for college, so see its not that hard to make some extra dough.

JabberJaw
07-21-2003, 08:33 AM
I would'nt complain.....gettin screwed that much at your age...you should be happy!!!

J-06
07-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Iam 15 I work at a Resturant washing dishes and busing tables. I pick rock bale hay and work for my step dad around here and at his office. I got my 250ex when i was 13 My parents paid for the quad yes but i have paid it off now and now my brother is taking it iam giving him a good deal :rolleyes: I wanna get him started early iam giving him riding gear also. I will be buying a new YFZ hopefully this coming spring. I also live in a town with under 1000 people it cant be that hard to find a job in a town of 42000 :eek2: Anyways good luck

Fast250EX
07-21-2003, 09:00 AM
I got up 80% of the money for my 250EX from selling my old quad and doing a few odd jobs here and there and my parents paid the rest. I don't have a job however and I am looking for one, too. Trying to get ideas. I do odd jobs but that isn't enough to get anything significant. My 250EX is all stock right now. The only thing my parents said they would do for me is get me Razr's when my rear tires go bald.

I tried to get a job at Houchens as they had a spot open for bagging up chit and putting up new stock they got in but they said I had to be 16. What are some jobs that some of you younger people (13-15 range) have exactly? Some of you gave a vague description and I want something a bit more detailed about exactly where you work and maybe hourly wages if you don't care.

Thanks.

P.S. I am not gonna bag on you, everyone else has done a good job of it and made the point very clear, as harsh as a few people may have been. Good luck on the hunt. ;)

DaveEX7
07-21-2003, 10:20 AM
I work at my local grocery store stocking shelves, and puttin price tags on thngs, and bagging groceries. Nothing special but it gets me $100 a week.

J-06
07-21-2003, 11:03 AM
I work at a Resturant and Bar about 20 miles away. I clean dishes prepare salad trays bus tables and sometimes even waiter. I got some decent waitresses there too:D Its a good job management is extremely friendly and i get free meals. Great first job if you ask me

wilkin250r
07-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Others have already said it, but I'll say it in slightly different words.

Your age is never an excuse.

If people think you are a stoner, you obviously do/did something to deserve that label. I bet they wouldn't think that of you if you started wearing slacks and a tie wherever you go. Maybe you don't need to go that far, but you see my point? If you don't want to be labeled as a stoner, then stop acting like one, stop dressing like one, and stop hanging out with other stoners. Labels are very easy to change.

If you are having trouble finding a job, it is because you are not looking very hard. Look at many of the examples, stocking shelves, mowing lawn, and sweeping parking lots... When you apply for a job, dress respectably. Money is out there, you just gotta look.

You may think I'm an A**hole for this comment, but it sounds like YOU are the problem, not your father. If I was your father and you broke my things and just said "Hey, I'm 15, what do you expect?" but never bothered to fix it or replace it, how would you expect me to take that? You have an attitude, but hey you're a teen? And you obviously did something to deserve this "stoner" label. Man, my dad would have whooped that attitude right out of me!! Granted, I don't know the whole situation, but from what I've read, if I was your father I would have cut you off long before 15 yrs old! I'd take a long look at yourself before you start blaming the world for your problems.
:ermm:

Chef
07-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Just how exactly is a 15 year old supposed to act? I'm 15, and I talk to kids my age that straight up baffle me. I dont understand how these other kids my age can be so different from me. They just dont get it. What did you do to him to make him get like that at you? How many times did you back talk him, or be an overall idiot? Why even touch your dad's stuff, you obviously have your own quad, go ride it. Get a job if your gonna whine to him. If you dont want to get a job, well, that pretty much screws you because he just told it like it is.

MxDale71
07-21-2003, 01:59 PM
The fact that you don't want to blame yourself for anything, shows that you are to immature to even deserve to be supported, as far as riding and going out is conserned.

roostin_dale
07-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Job Ideas:

Resturants
Mowing
Bail hay/farm work
Peach/apple farm
Construction..pick up left over nails, wood, etc.
Sweep and clean at local shops
Ask your school if Janitors need any help
McDonalds, Hardee's, Taco Bell, Burger King

Man..there are soooo many jobs for kids our age..just look.
But im guessing being a spoiled kid like you then you would get fired really quick!

Prazak250EX
07-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah guys I got it now. I'm changin. Time to stop bein a lazy ***** bum and look at chit from other ppl's point of view. Ask before I touch, replace whatever's gone, etc etc. You really helped wit all the constructive criticism, it pounded what needed to be pounded into my head.

As for the stoner label. Screw it. White T and jeans wherever I go.

Also the job issue, it IS hard to find places to work here. 30000 of them ppl (I don't know if the 42,000 ppl was true or not but), are old. They take all the jobs the teens could be doin. Blahddy blahddy blah like you guys wanna hear it. Well I've searched and searched and the only things I can find are as follows

1. Dishwasher
2. Shop Person/Assembler

That's it

I'm tryin tryin tryin and oh my dad came up to me and asked to "bury the hatchet" so I guess we cool now.

Even if he says I don't gotta pay, I'm goin for it cuz I never really do nothin in this town. Can't ride due to the overwhelmin old person population. On a stock 250 they say "it's too loud blah blah blah" They'll get over it.

I'll keep ya guys posted

Prazak

roostin_dale
07-21-2003, 05:08 PM
good to hear your going to change your life style:D

SpeedBump
07-21-2003, 05:30 PM
TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

Prazak250EX
07-21-2003, 05:39 PM
damn that girl just left my arse pissed! check this out

Big Pness 36: TheKim83: Did I say anything was wrong? At any point did I mention something to insinuate that something was wrong?
Big Pness 36: nah you just seem pissed every time I try to talk to ya
TheKim83: Oo heres a line for ya to end the night, its not me, its you!

OUCH BIG OUCH

damn that hurts

Flip)(stick
07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
u should go up to her, b|tch slap her and say b|tch go into the god darn kitchen and MAKE ME A SANDWich then knit me a sweater! then make dinner!

Sparky416ex
07-21-2003, 07:44 PM
shop assembler sounds cool....go for that

ridinashee
07-22-2003, 07:34 AM
im 15 too .. i kinda understand u .. but u cant defeat ur dad .. so i mean theres always work n ways to cut down on expenses .. i work and worked a few jobs such as paper boy .. fast food .. cuttin lawns n rakin leaves n shovelin snow .. pizza shop .. push carts at a grocery store .. theres work like nywhere u look .. now im not tryin to b a d*ck cuz i've been in fights w/ my dad but if u cant find work n cut down on expenses then mabe there is suttin wrong w/ u .. n yea wat ur dad did was kinda harsh but the only thing u can do now is apologize get a job n hope ur dad sees u improvin n helps u out .. hope things work out better n u find urself a decent job ... peace

trueblue450
07-22-2003, 07:45 AM
i never noticed how many 16 and unders there were here.. :eek: and they have nicer quads then me :scary:

roostin_dale
07-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
i never noticed how many 16 and unders there were here.. :eek: and they have nicer quads then me :scary:

i thought you were 16

insane250Racer
07-22-2003, 09:08 AM
heres some advice. (this isnt insane250racer is his buddy) stop being a selfish little brat kid and grow up. i was working on a farm when i was 13 years old making hay and shoveling **** for $5 an hour. i never had a girlfriend who really mattered to me untill i was 18 and you know what im still with her and im now 22. when your 15 years old. dont sweat losing your girlfriend because no matter what you think your always in it for not much more than the looks. i was once your age and i pissed and moaned and said that wasnt true but it is. get up off your ******* and go do some work. i had to ride around on a POS beaten and bent up 220 bayou from 14 to 16. i just bought a new yfz450 and i paid for it in CASH. its mine and its paid for. so stop complaining.

wilkin250r
07-22-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm glad that you've seen the light, there is hope for you yet.

My advise for a job is just get one, no matter what it is. I washed dishes, also did grunt assembler work. Once you have a job, opportunities will open up to you.

Unfortunatly, I don't see any hope for your girlfriend. Sorry...

Prazak250EX
07-24-2003, 05:00 PM
*smacks self

I don't know what I was thinkin but lately I been noticin how much support I get around here. As for the jobbage, I haven't found anything just yet but I have a feeling things will open up when school starts. I'm gonna be TIRED oh well. :-P it's cool. at least I'll have pocket cash and a weightless conscience, not to mention the respect of my dad and other family members as well as friends.

praz

danney f
07-24-2003, 05:42 PM

You are 15 and have never done any kind of work and your dad has been paying for everything?:eek2: :eek2:
Dud, up until the age of 12 I worked for family, freinds and neighbors doing anythingfrom mowing grass, painting houses, fixing lawnmowers, anything I could to make money for what I wanted. Than when I turned 12, I started woring on a hog farm for a guy in our church. It was the nasty job I have ever worked, but I got paid pretty good for only being 12.
This is the reason why kids don't take care of the crap any more. and have no respect for anyone else's stuff either. they just get the sh1t handed to them. God this crap burns me up.

knighttime
07-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by danney f
You are 15 and have never done any kind of work and your dad has been paying for everything?:eek2: :eek2:
Dud, up until the age of 12 I worked for family, freinds and neighbors doing anythingfrom mowing grass, painting houses, fixing lawnmowers, anything I could to make money for what I wanted. Than when I turned 12, I started woring on a hog farm for a guy in our church. It was the nasty job I have ever worked, but I got paid pretty good for only being 12.
This is the reason why kids don't take care of the crap any more. and have no respect for anyone else's stuff either. they just get the sh1t handed to them. God this crap burns me up.

u forgot about the part about carrying hundred pound blocks of ice up 10 flights of stairs.:eek2:

Prazak250EX
08-03-2003, 12:46 AM
ppl that wanna know I live in englewood, florida. it's a retirement community.