PDA

View Full Version : custom mounted oil cooler

norcalatver
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
I have been trying to figure out where to mount my FST oil cooler for about a week now.. With an idea I took from JD400EXR I' figured out a great place. JD400EXR posted an idea to cut a hole in the front plastic and attach screen above it to protect it. But I wasn't sure of the mud and roost that it still would have been exposed to. So I mounted it under the front hood above the bumper. I purchased some 1" nylon dowels, 3/8" rubber coated straps, stainless bolts, and nylock nuts. It sits under the hood 1" off because of the dowels. Air circulation should be excellent and no mud nor roost will get to it because it is protected by the hood. With reservoirs and a steering dampener I've finally found the perfect spot for the cooler!

L.Vegas400
07-19-2003, 06:48 PM
i thought about mounting mine like that with an intake scoop like on some cars...

nacs400ex
07-20-2003, 03:49 AM
I would get Adam Parks to make me a custom hood that fits around the oil cooler, then it would look cool. Make a little screen like Quad Techs and no mud or dirt will get through... and it would look pretty sweet. But I am getting an R so I dont really have to worry about that.

bmw500hp
07-20-2003, 12:38 PM
norcalatver, if you have a pic, could you attach to joesflies@aol.com, sounds like a good idea! :cool:

norcalatver
07-20-2003, 12:59 PM
I don't have a digital camera. I have a digital video camera which also takes stills to a stick but I've never tried to download to my computer and then e mail to someone. I will try to figure out how. I am of the older, ignorant to computers, age.

bmw500hp
07-20-2003, 05:11 PM
join the club, lol