PDA

View Full Version : Chest Protectors...Yes or No?

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
07-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Do any of yall ride w/ chest protectors and if so do you like them. please give me some comments i am thinking of getting one for my birthday soon. thanks, Drew.

own2424
07-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I have never rode with a Chest Protector, so my answer is NO I dont ride with one. I have a chest protector, but never use it.

400exBro
07-19-2003, 12:51 PM
I do, and i probably will never ride without one again.. they save your chest from clapsing if and when you fall off... at first it is wierd to wear but i got use to it...

i have the thor force chest protector, it is strong and looks good, deffently worth the money...

trx400ex
07-19-2003, 12:57 PM
The first time will feel wierd but you will get used to where you feel naked without it...i would say def. use one if you race mx, and it cant hurt for just goofing around to, but i only where mine when i race and when i know im going to be jumping bigger jumps that i might get hurt on

gun32boarder
07-19-2003, 01:08 PM
yea deffintaly use it saves you from roost and protects your chest from burses if you hit the handle bars and such

RIjon
07-19-2003, 01:26 PM
yes

ZSK
07-19-2003, 01:34 PM
I wear mine 90% of the time. Really helps on rocky trails following somebody. I reccomend taking off the arm guards if you wear sleeveless shirts while riding. I don't like to wear it when I know I'll be in mud, gets trapped underneith and doesn't feel too good when your shirt is tucked in.

seven
07-19-2003, 01:37 PM
they are very hard to get used to but worth the effort. I wont ride without one!

07-19-2003, 01:54 PM
yea i wear one :macho

sweet300ex
07-19-2003, 02:03 PM
deff. wear one;) It feels wierd for like the first ride then you feel wierd w/o it.

Chanman420q
07-19-2003, 02:25 PM
how much do they averagely cost?

hessianmx111
07-19-2003, 02:26 PM
i wear one when ever i go to a track, try a new trick or a new jump. it takes a few rides to get used to but youll feel naked when you ride without it. i also would reccomend removing the arm guards as they get in the way alot and feel pretty weird.

nacs400ex
07-19-2003, 02:45 PM
I used to wear a chest protector, but I like never get roosted, and the tracks I ride are little tiny rocks, doesnt really hurt if you get hit. I am gunna be buying one to match my new gear (no fear), but meh. You dont need it, I ride the MX track and they dont really do anything if you wipe out, its mainy for roosts. Whenever I rolled the 300ex, the edges would dig into my skin, but without it it doesnt hurt as much. Oh well, its basically what you prefer. You can also get these little tiny chest protectors that go under your jersey, much more comfortable!

I ALWAYS wear my kidney belt though, you cant stop your kidneys from bouncing every where.

Narly R
07-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I ride with one it only helps me with getting roosted, but i havent crashed with one yet either...:ermm:

roostin_dale
07-19-2003, 02:55 PM
i wear one...And i really suggest everyone does!

They guy that does work on my dad's quad was riding at the badlands with a buddy of his. He didn't think they would do much riding so he didn't wear his. He jumped and his chest hit the handlebars. 4broked ribs, bruised heart, collapsed lung, and some other bruised organ. He has been in the hospital for like 4 days now.

fasterz
07-19-2003, 02:57 PM
YES, it seemed like it would be in the way for the first time i used it, but now if i dont have it on, i dont feel right. liek someone else said, u feel naked. get one, get used to it, ull love it, no fear of roosts ne more. u may have never gotten roosted when riding/'racing yet, but when u dont, u wont forget it, and ull have the brusies to show it to lol. get one! i got the chrome shift, from nacs, real good price only like 80 bucks.

ex kid
07-19-2003, 03:03 PM
wont ride without it anymore, cased a double and it hurt. deffinatly a good investment

dirtriderex
07-19-2003, 03:10 PM
I wear one and I race XC, saved my left shoulder blade once

400grl
07-19-2003, 06:35 PM
A great big hell yes! I wouldn't ride without it.....it has saved my butt so many times.....not just from roost, but I know I would have broken my shoulder a couple of times.....my quad nailed me right in the back once - on my spine - and if I hadn't had the chest protector on (which comes with some nice spine protection) I would have gotten really hurt. As it was, I got back up and kept riding.........it has saved my boobs from the handlebars....my upper arm once from a GIANT freakin' rock that a 450 threw at me.....I can't tell you how many times it has helped. I won't even putt down the street without throwing it on.........

so....um.....I vote yes.....:D

TheRedRebel17
07-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
it has saved my boobs from the handlebars....

Sounds like you need a crossbar pad...:D

310Rduner
07-19-2003, 06:37 PM
I wear mine pretty much always.. it has saved me when i went underneath my bike frame.. the scratches are pretty big from my frame on my chest guard.. and im glad it is on plastic and not in my skin..:eek:

also Very good for roost.. and handle bars.

I also feel like it makes me have better posture because i almost seem to kinda slump when i dont wear it.. but when im wearing it my back is straight, shoulders are always squared back.. just wayy better feel for riding.

I just got a thor force kidney belt.. im just wondering it is something i should wear ALL the time?? i have ridden 4 years without it so im wondering how it works.. like is it mostly to keep your organs and junk nice and tight??

CowsBitePeople
07-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I wear mine when i go to a track or something but trail riding i dont but i think i should start to wear it :o

tyson300ex
07-19-2003, 07:41 PM
I always wear one, the first time that i didn't wear it i took a hard landing & cracked my ribs

nh300ex
07-19-2003, 07:55 PM
i have never worn one, i guess i mite get one after reading all these stories tho:rolleyes:

remlapr
07-19-2003, 10:46 PM
I always wear one - I have a very beefy fox one. About the second time out with it I was trying to wheelie up the face of a creek bank head on but I hit a rut with my back tires and it kick the back up and the front down so I slammed right into the face of the bank. I slammed into the bars pretty hard and would have busted some ribs if I didn't have it on - but instead it just knocked the wind out of me and I sprained my thumb. I have always heard that they are suppose to really help you not break your collar bone - but I think that depends on the style you have. I have seen some that don't have a lot of protection up around the neck and shoulders - those are lighter, but I guess I figure if I'm going to wear one I mine as well get max protection out of it.

toby400ex
07-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Definatly get one. Last wreck i had i actually tore the threaded part of the throttle cable out of the housing, and didnt notice till the next day.Imagine if that was your ribs breaking steel, not plastic.

07-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
Sounds like you need a crossbar pad...:D

:eek2:

07-20-2003, 02:07 AM
I mostly ride with a chest protector ...now it feels strange to ride w/o one...at first they are real hard to get used to ,but they are worth it

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Chest Protectors...Yes or No?

Yes! :macho

Tommy 17
07-20-2003, 03:52 AM
soon as my sister gets back from france and i get my digi cam i'll take a pic of my chest protector since 1996... theres cashes and scrathces in it 1/2 deep in places from me wreckin and it sliddin on rocks, or the quad hittin me etc...

i'll never ride without it... its just as important as ur helmet;)

400grl
07-20-2003, 08:46 AM
LOL!!!! I have a crossbar pad - I meant the ends of my handlebars......!:D

I think proper fit is a big key.....you need to try different brands on and find the one that you can barely tell is there......I have a Lady Fusion (Accerbis) (for obvious reasons - more room up front) but it is honestly so anotomically comfy that I don't even take it off right away....I'll wander around talking to people and then remember I still have it on.

As far as kidney belts go.....that's something else I won't ride without.....not only does is keep your kidneys from turning into scrambled eggs while you are rattling over the rough stuff, it's also another layer of protection against direct hits. That is an area of your body that is very soft and vulnerable....and I have been hit there several times....but again, because of my chest protector and kidney belt, I've kept riding. Also - it really helps support your lower back muscles....I don't sit much when I ride, and it puts a big strain on my lower back....even with the soft Black Belt I have (FOX), it helps tremendously. That's another thing you need to try on before you find a comfy one - everyone's body is different, and there are tons of different types of belts....one of them is going to be perfect for you.

AtvMxRider
07-20-2003, 09:57 AM
it has saved my boobs from the handlebars....

Then hell yeah wear one..........God what I wouldn't give to have been those handle bars..:devil:

07-20-2003, 03:41 PM
i never wore one until my cousin broke his ribs and stuff then my parents wanted me to wear one, i did it just to make them comfortable and i love how mine looks, i dont even notice im wearing it any more, i like it actually

roostin_dale
07-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Then hell yeah wear one..........God what I wouldn't give to have been those handle bars..:devil:

haha..pervert:rolleyes:

j/p i know how ya feel:D

user101
07-20-2003, 04:25 PM
NO... i prolly need to get one but my local race season is almost over and they dont require one. im usually leading the pack so i dont have to worry about roost:p :devil: :macho if i do get one it will be one of the "under the jersey" types. personally i hate they way they look and the way they feel.

4wheelboy
07-20-2003, 05:59 PM
i always wear mine. last weekend i was doing those cancan wheelies, well i was trying but the front came down an i landed ribs first on the handlebars before i was thrown off. It saved my ribs and the only thing that happened was i got the wind nocked out of me.:rolleyes:

KASCHAK
07-20-2003, 06:14 PM
i have one on a day when alot of people are out i wear it but just trailing and a lil goofing around i dont. but i would recomend one it hurts wrecking without one and landing in rocks and the quad lands on you. i thought i puchured my lung. coulnd breath. then i fell off with it on and it feels like you just hit off the ground no cuts nuttin.

MxDale71
07-20-2003, 06:42 PM
I don't see why someone wouldn't wear a chest protector for racing. It helps when you get roosted by some of that dried up **** that feels like rocks, and it can keep your helmet from breaking your collar bone if you have a wreck.

It may feel weird at first (although I didn't even notice mine when I first started wearing it) but I'd rather something feel weird then being in pain from getting scraped up in a wreck or getting roosted, or breaking your collar bone.

AZblaster44
07-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
I don't see why someone wouldn't wear a chest protector for racing. It helps when you get roosted by some of that dried up **** that feels like rocks, and it can keep your helmet from breaking your collar bone if you have a wreck.

It may feel weird at first (although I didn't even notice mine when I first started wearing it) but I'd rather something feel weird then being in pain from getting scraped up in a wreck or getting roosted, or breaking your collar bone.

My thoughts exactly

as for kidney belts I didn't get one till i bruised my kidney's at the dunes(it's hard to keep up with a preditor on a fast dunes run when your riding a blaster) actualy i dint get one right away and about a month and a half later i bruised them again....so I wont ride with out one anymore....cept some rare occasions when i can get my hands on one...but then I dont ride hard (well not very hard)

Warrioreater400ex
07-20-2003, 07:03 PM
hell yeah i always wear mine, i think everyone should, i never did, until i was fireroading one time and took a rock roosted from a 250r bored .030 over, and in hit my sternum directly, i went DOWN it hurt so bad! i had a scar for a year and a half. so i got a chest protector, i love it, you feel so tight and secure, and it softens impacts from wrecks. we went to windrock and i took some spills, but none hurt that bad, i didnt have one cut/scrape on my torsoe, i flipped end over end and the grab bar smacked me in the back and pinned me against the ground and I DIDNT EVEN BRUISE!even just those little flips where you just hop off, and roll, it amazes me how the dont hurt much and im not near as sore after those little wrecks... i never ride without one! so i vote YES

86350x
07-20-2003, 10:20 PM
I currently never wear one. Back in the day, I got a couple different ones as a kid, an o'neal old school rock 2 and a thor. They just didn't feel right, so they never got used, I felt they restricted your movement. Never wore a kidney belt at all though.

Since getting in a wreck with a quad is like having sex with a 350lb porky pine, I should probrably look into both. One of the few things I've always liked a bit better about 2 wheelers , is that there always way easier to get away from.

So what does anyone reccomend, for someone with a few different brands of riding gear:confused:

ex kid
07-21-2003, 12:38 AM
my chestprotecter saved my *** yestreday at a district race a few times. went over the bars and did a front flip as well and falling off the back of the bike and landing on rock. i wish i had some kind of rist protecter i think i sprained that.

07-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Yes

Braff1
07-21-2003, 09:06 AM
I wear the Thor Scattershield. It is not as heavy as the others but it does provide good protection from flying debris and the occasional crash.

How much do I believe in them, I always ride with mine and I make my kids wear theirs.

QuadJunkies
07-21-2003, 10:07 AM
For sand riding I dont..But for track....good to have.And with all my back troubles I have ,Im going to TRY and wear a kidney belt.I had a hard time with one Troy brought me home from work.Gonna take some getting used to:ermm:

400grl
07-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Tina - what kind of belt is it? I tried on a bunch of them, but they all hurt my ribs.....then I bought a FOX Black Belt...nice and soft and lower profile, so it didn't dig into my sides......you might want to check out one of those....plus I just throw it in the washer all the time time clean it......they are really nice to have - also, when you put it on, make sure it fits low on your hips....not too high. The top of it should just barely peek up out of your racepants in the back when you are standing up straight.

Just something to try! :)

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 10:22 AM
- also, when you put it on, make sure it fits low on your hips....not too high. The top of it should just barely peek up out of your racepants in the back when you are standing up straight.

Just something to try! :)

Got any pics of that?.......;)

QuadJunkies
07-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Tina - what kind of belt is it? I tried on a bunch of them, but they all hurt my ribs.....then I bought a FOX Black Belt...nice and soft and lower profile, so it didn't dig into my sides......you might want to check out one of those....plus I just throw it in the washer all the time time clean it......they are really nice to have - also, when you put it on, make sure it fits low on your hips....not too high. The top of it should just barely peek up out of your racepants in the back when you are standing up straight.

Just something to try! :) Thanks Cory.Mine fits TOTALLY dif than that.too high up and yes....pokes my ribs abit,:ermm: its not a true riding belt, more for supporting your back for lifting......it was free so I thought I would try it,its def. not comfy and either is Troys chect protector..I may need to go find one that fits me only..So the women chest protectors fit better huh....How are the prices? I notice alotof womens gear is abit more spendy.But Ill need something for racing in a few months

400grl
07-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Hahahahah Jerry! You are late! I expected your post about 5 minutes ago!!!! ;)

Tina - I would say definately spend the money on a Lady Fusion by Accerbis. It's very comfortable - it fits the contours of your back much better than a guys as well as the front! (the guys'protectors feel like giant football pads....!) And the shoulder pads are not too boxy or too high - but the whole thing gives you tons of protection - even though it feels light weight. I race with the upper arm guards on, but you can take them off if you don't like them. I also keep the side guards on all the time - figure extra protection is a good thing. I know it's expensive, but this is one thing that is well worth the xtra $$. And the first time you crash hard you will be glad you have it on! :) :)

I think you will like the Black belt....if you can make it to a store somewhere that stocks a few different brands, I'd go try some on. It's hard to just order something like that and hope it fits - like bra shopping! ;) :D The Lady Fusion fits so well that I think you would be safe just ordering it....but if you can find a place that stocks those, too - it might be worth the trip - just for peace of mind. It needs to be comfortable so you will always wear it, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

The Lady Fusions look good - too. Not all foofy and pink....I have the grey/black one.......

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 10:34 AM

:ermm: I'm getting old.....;)

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 10:40 AM
I have an Oneal Matrix chest protector and I love it. I won't ride with out it. It may seem wierd the 1st couple times you were one but you will get used to it. I can't even tell I have mine on when I ride. And anyone that has ever been roosted by a big bore 4-stroke knows it hurts like a mofo:ermm: .

QuadJunkies
07-21-2003, 10:46 AM

Tina - I would say definately spend the money on a Lady Fusion by Accerbis. It's very comfortable - it fits the contours of your back much better than a guys as well as the front! (the guys'protectors feel like giant football pads....!) And the shoulder pads are not too boxy or too high - but the whole thing gives you tons of protection - even though it feels light weight. I race with the upper arm guards on, but you can take them off if you don't like them. I also keep the side guards on all the time - figure extra protection is a good thing. I know it's expensive, but this is one thing that is well worth the xtra $$. And the first time you crash hard you will be glad you have it on! :) :)

I think you will like the Black belt....if you can make it to a store somewhere that stocks a few different brands, I'd go try some on. It's hard to just order something like that and hope it fits - like bra shopping! ;) :D The Lady Fusion fits so well that I think you would be safe just ordering it....but if you can find a place that stocks those, too - it might be worth the trip - just for peace of mind. It needs to be comfortable so you will always wear it, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

The Lady Fusions look good - too. Not all foofy and pink....I have the grey/black one....... haha.I have endo one time.and that was no fun on the chest for sure!:( on flattrack Im sure it will come in very handy.Do you have a link to the sites for these? Ill save it so I can refer to it when I need to buy one of each.:) .........I dont think Ill find one to try on aroudn here.LAme dealers with not too much variety either:ermm:

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
haha.I have endo one time.and that was no fun on the chest for sure :

Got pics of that? oh wait never mind........:devil:

400grl
07-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Here you go - this is where I get my stuff from - but you can get it just about anywhere!

Lady Fusion
http://www.mxsouth.com/acerbis/acbchslad.htm

Black Belt
http://www.mxsouth.com/fox/foxbltbla03.htm

I have an older style black belt - but I would imagine the newer ones would fit about the same......

Jerry - you are killing me! :)

roostin_dale
07-21-2003, 11:06 AM
I have a Thor chest protector and a Moose Kidney belt.

I was racing my friend on his cr250 yesterday on his track in a wheat field. He had just plowed over the track part of it and there were huge chunks of dirt everywhere. So we raced to try and pack it down.

Right off of the start he roosted ALL over me and i didn't have my chest protector on...it hurt! Just think of getting roosted by a cr250 bike:ermm:

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM

Jerry - you are killing me! :)

LOL I try my best......:D

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I have a Thor chest protector and a Moose Kidney belt.

I was racing my friend on his cr250 yesterday on his track in a wheat field. He had just plowed over the track part of it and there were huge chunks of dirt everywhere. So we raced to try and pack it down.

Right off of the start he roosted ALL over me and i didn't have my chest protector on...it hurt! Just think of getting roosted by a cr250 bike:ermm:
ive found the lil 65s and 80s hurt pretty good. those lil *******s kill me when the track is real dry, sandy dirt gets in the goggles, lil pebbles drillin your arse. but the chest protector deflex most of it.

MxDale71
07-21-2003, 11:50 AM
I had my first bike race this weekend and I can say that bike roost is a helluva lot worse than quad roost, and I was happy to have my chest protector on. Especially since that Saturday night race was at Badlands MX, which is a SX style track w/ black dirt (which is like concrete when dry). I was comin over the bridge and there was a corner right after it. I always lightly pull in my front brake for that corner and have no problems. But this was the first lap of the first moto or my first bike race so the excitement and adreniline got to me. I pulled the brake in to hard and it sent me over the bars. I prolly would have been just fine w/o the chest protector but it probably saved me from a few scrapes. I also wadded on a 3rd gear pinned double when I was practicing the next day, and I know it saved my butt on that one. The chest protector has gashes in the back of it now. My knee did get scraped up pretty good though even though I was wearing knee/shin gaurds. They just slid down a little and didn't work to great. When I can save up $550+ I'll buy me some knee braces.

HONDAofTROY100
07-21-2003, 12:17 PM
i think they are comfy IMO and look good. plus riddin a bike it helps alot.

ex kid
07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
i wear a six six one. its awsome. its light,breathes good, works great!, and looks sweet, i have the red chrome one and its saved me about 6 times since i've got it. check them out six six one is a pretty new company.

Poyntman400ex
07-21-2003, 03:21 PM
I wish that I had one last Saturday. At Happy Hollow, near Rocky Fork lake, I was climbing a hill with my buddy in the lead and I had caught up with him and I lost momentom. The bike flipped right on top of me. I have a nice gas cap impression on my chest. My back doesn't feel that great either. So yes definately get one. I got lucky. I don't know what type to get, because I'm searching that same question.

nofearhonda
07-21-2003, 03:54 PM
I used tp have an older thor one and it felt like wearing a platic shirt very bad and stiff, I just got the new Fox one, lots of padding, and really light weight. It really doesnt even feal like I am wearing one at all. It does cost around $129.00 on average. But definately worth the money.

Definately wear one though.

86350x
07-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Ok, so your saying the acerbis IS comfertable? And the kidney blet as well (fox). I'd like a different brand like that (acerbis), becuase when you mix and match gear it looks kinda dorky. There are no dealers around here to try the shat out either. And when you wanna wear like baggy gear like berm banger suff, the kidney belt will tuck into the pants without feeling all funny.:confused:

34in waist:ermm:

cody anderson
07-22-2003, 01:35 AM
ARE YOU RETARDED????????????????? YES CHEST PROTECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME i KNOW!!!!!!! PLEASE WEAR THEM!!!!!!! GET A COMFORTABLE ONE AND YOU WONT EVEN KNOW ITS THERE!!!!!!!!!!

400exbiggun
07-22-2003, 02:54 AM
i always wear one now...well sometimes, now after my "accident"

It was the winter, me and my friend built a jump of snow, he was hitting it fine with the z, and i did it once on the blaster, and it threw me crooked. But i tried it any way, i went all the way up the drive way, and hit it 3rd pinned, the jump wat not even, from when my friend went before me, and the nose of the blaster went down, and landed smack on the backside of the next mound as the landing ramp. Need less to say, my chest hit the bars quite fast, i bent the bars, twisted the throttle assembly, and fractured some ribs, and brused the rest. I missed some school, and had to get x-rays and all that shyt.
ohh and the good thing this was all in my yard if not i would not be able to get home.

i always were it going to a track.

86350x
07-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
ARE YOU RETARDED????????????????? YES CHEST PROTECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME i KNOW!!!!!!! PLEASE WEAR THEM!!!!!!! GET A COMFORTABLE ONE AND YOU WONT EVEN KNOW ITS THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Gee thanks:ermm:

86350x
07-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Guess I'll ask on the brands and fit n such else-where, man this has just been an absolutely wonderful week.:ermm:

400grl
07-22-2003, 06:53 PM
You can ask about brands on here!!!! I don't know too much about the guys' brands, but I know the more expensive FOX ones are pretty dang hardy - and I know NO FEAR has some really good ones.....I think you get what you pay for when it comes to chest protectors. The more you spend the more comfort stuff you get.....and the nicer they look. For the most part, anyway.

86350x
07-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks, since the lady fusion probrably won't work for me, what does your bf use?

I have answer, fox, and oneal gear. Fox is my fave, But I'd like something clear that would go with everything?:confused:

Does he also wear an acerbis?

And on the kidney belts, I guess the same question replies, since my waiste is probrably 10 in bigger then yours:confused:

user101
07-22-2003, 08:02 PM
my cousin had one of the expensive fox ones on today so i figured id give it a try. it seemed pretty comfotable but i still didnt like it.

kidney belts are a whole other story. i couldn't beleive how much they helped. my first race i didnt have one. that was the longest 2 hours of my whole entire life. it felt like my kidneys were hanging out of my back dragging behind the quad. i could barely even stand up straight after the race.

400grl
07-23-2003, 05:02 AM
Hey again! My boyfriend has one of the more expensive FOX ones.....he likes it. I think those work well for guys with wide shoulders/wide chest....his is Clear/Blue.......he has crashed a bunch in it and it has always done a good job of protecting him. I know SHIFT makes a killer clear one......and since they are FOX, I would imagine it's a lot like the FOX ones.....also, No Fear makes some clear ones with chrome and stuff.....I bought one for my little girl and it's really well made - very nice. If NoFear made a women's one I'd probably buy it. If you want to see a lot of different brands and stuff, check out www.mxsouth.com - that is where I do my online shopping - they have tons of brands and all their gear....good place to at least look to see what is out there......and my boyfriend has a FOX black belt, too......and he is a size 34...they make them is all sizes! He likes it alot......it's not as stiff as a lot of belts.....so if you need alot more support, you might not like it. But you'd be surprised at how much it will help you........

07-23-2003, 05:14 AM
i have the fox airframe 2 black/chrome its awesome the shift ones and fox arent really too much alike but both are good, the air frame is the one with the back that bends it was over 100 bucks but i like it i only wear it when i race, the fox i have and no fear were voted the best

86350x
07-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Thanks, I'll check you all three brands, and see what I think looks best then. Gotta get a clear one though. Since I've been riding so long without even wearing a kidney belt that one should do.

I'll probrably check out the fox one, since you said it's probrably already a comfertable one. Do you, or anyone else here run a drink system on there chest protector? I ride for 6 pluss hours some days at bull gap, and wanted to get one of those too. Camel backs are a seperate setup all there own aren't they?:confused:

400grl
07-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Yes - I have a Camelback for the dunes.......you can get a lower profile one if you want to run it under your chest protector - or any size if you want to run it over...I wear mine over. Very comfy......those things are the best. I'd go the Camel, too - they have a great little valve...some of the off-brands are nice, too but their mouth valves aren't so good.....

jay's 300
07-23-2003, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't ride w/out mine! I would deffinately recommend one for MX or trails. Makes you feel safer IMO :D

86350x
07-23-2003, 06:01 AM
Sorry for the 20 questions game.

What model camel back did you get? There are so many different ones. I want a small one like you have, so it fits over the chest protector.:confused:

86350x
07-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Are ya out there:confused:

coryatver
07-23-2003, 03:26 PM
camel back is against 4-wheelers. I have a thor chest protector. It works good. I got it for xc.

86350x
07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
camel back is against 4-wheelers.

They are :confused:

soul
07-24-2003, 02:06 AM
yes get one

400grl
07-24-2003, 04:52 AM
Yeah - I remember reading somewhere that they were in support of the Sierra Club........I think it was on glamisonline......I think I have the Cloudwalker, or something like that. Mine can hold water and a jersey or a bottle of water or two.....and it's super comfy.

86350x
07-24-2003, 06:02 AM

Dune Surfer
07-24-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
:eek2:

She already has two, stupid:D :D

400grl
07-24-2003, 08:15 AM
lol!:D

Dune Surfer
07-24-2003, 09:06 AM
lol!:D
it would be a breast protector:D

400grl
07-24-2003, 09:07 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! And that's exactly what it is for me!!! :D

AtvMxRider
07-24-2003, 09:14 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! And that's exactly what it is for me!!! :D

;)

07-24-2003, 10:58 AM
:D ,now this thread is getting interesting :devil: :devil:

AtvMxRider
07-24-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
:D ,now this thread is getting interesting :devil: :devil:

Some pics would be nice.......:ermm:

07-24-2003, 11:03 AM
oh yeah ,..!!
lets hope its the clear ///see thru type :)

JTRtrx250r
07-24-2003, 11:19 AM
I dont ride w/o mine...its a JT V-flex and is the most comfortable chest protector Ive owned,sometimes I forget its even on,after rag-dollin' across the gravel you'll get one.....after your skin grows back:( :p also it has saved me from a few branches and hidden sticks poking out in the trails:eek2: :confused2

take a look at a few, and a few that have been worn....that could be your shin, make sure the arm-gards are removable.....and make sure they dont pinch your skin ......cuz they will almost take you out by itself.....hurts like a bi'otch!!!:blah:

07-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
it would be a breast protector:D

ne of you guys remember the old acerbis protectirs for gals that was contoured for the boobees

QuadJunkies
07-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
ne of you guys remember the old acerbis protectirs for gals that was contoured for the boobees What if your a really busty girl..Do they still fit right??:eek2: Ive never tried one on that had the contuer to them before:confused: .Im not saying I am, just curious if a girl was big chested,does it effect the fit any?

batgeek
07-24-2003, 08:27 PM
we'll need pictures to properly assess the extent of the problem.

400grl
07-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Tina - I'm a 34 DD.....and it fits me fine - with a little room to spare! :) You will love it! ;)

LOL on the pics!!!!

TheRedRebel17
07-25-2003, 06:38 AM
the pics!!!!

i second that with batgeek:devil:

Chef
07-25-2003, 06:39 AM
Tina - I'm a 34 DD.....and it fits me fine - with a little room to spare! :) You will love it! ;)

LOL on the pics!!!!

I definitely agree with batgeek...we need pics!!!:cool:

Pappy
07-25-2003, 06:41 AM

LOL on the pics!!!!

BOOOIIINNNGGGGGG:devil:

07-25-2003, 06:42 AM
the humpin smilies sure would come in handy right now.....:devil:

Doibugu2
07-25-2003, 06:52 AM

LOL on the pics!!!!

Why would you post something like that. You know 99% of the site is horney guys. Do you realize they are going to be *********** to your pick at nite now.

J/K

I do think we need pics to prove how much room you have to spare.

my email is Dberry@corp.phoenixintl.com.

Thanks

QuadJunkies
07-25-2003, 06:57 AM
I was just curious is all, cause if the protector has humps in it for a ladies chest then whats the point in them making them on hter if a gal is very busty and one is very flat.:confused: It just dont make sense is all....LMAO!! 400grl I cant believe you posted your size!!!ROFL.......:p I thought I was a bust gal, but you got me beat!(and no, I am not going to post my size either....:o )

400grl
07-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Well - it doesn't have two humps in it.....like the vikings - all cones and stuff!!! It's just a little curve for up there.....it doesn't look like much till you put it on - then you can really feel the difference!!!

LOL! I posted my size cuz that's the only way you would know if it would fit!!!! I can't just say..."well....I have boobs...and it fits me!" :) LOL! :devil:

I think I'm gettin' a new one for my birthday!!!! Woohoo!!! Mine is held together with zipties right now due to my last very nasty crash!! I'm getting the silver one again - goes with everything! :)

86350x
07-25-2003, 07:12 AM
Lol, the pics I seen a while back didn't look like it:p I'm either going fox air frame, or no fear stratos. Thanks for the help.

And are you sponsored at all by mx south?

07-25-2003, 07:14 AM

LOL! I posted my size cuz that's the only way you would know if it would fit!!!! I can't just say..."well....I have boobs...and it fits me!" :) LOL! :devil:

welll ya made my day with the measurements.....:devil:

400grl
07-25-2003, 07:15 AM
No....I'm not. :) I just like them alot - I have ordered all of my gear through them whenever I order online.....I just really appreciate good customer service! :)

LOL! Glad to have helped you out, Rico!!!:D

QuadJunkies
07-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Well - it doesn't have two humps in it.....like the vikings - all cones and stuff!!! It's just a little curve for up there.....it doesn't look like much till you put it on - then you can really feel the difference!!!

I think I'm gettin' a new one for my birthday!!!! Woohoo!!! Mine is held together with zipties right now due to my last very nasty crash!! I'm getting the silver one again - goes with everything! :) ROFL!!!!! Vikings........Cones.......LMAO.now I get a visual.....:p I think I get what you mean now,Ive just never seen one in the shops around here.....Our soters are totally lame around here......But good to know us busty gals can wear them too......:)

TheRedRebel17
07-25-2003, 08:23 AM
ROFL!!!!! Vikings........Cones.......LMAO.now I get a visual.....:p I think I get what you mean now,Ive just never seen one in the shops around here.....Our soters are totally lame around here......But good to know us busty gals can wear them too......:)

I dont quite get that visiual:confused: ...
maybe some pics would help:devil:

AtvMxRider
07-25-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm a 34 DD.....

God I love you!!!!!!!!;) :devil:

kawiman273
07-25-2003, 09:38 AM
i havent read all 8 pages so if someone already said it O WELL!

ok............go to ur local mx track and dont wear a chest protector

then get behind the biggest 4-stroke dirtbike u can find:eek2:

and stay behind him for one lap (if u dnt fall over from the pain of the roost first) then get off the track and check ur chest for bruises :eek2:

i think ull find that its not fun with out a chestprotector!
:D :D :D :D

Dune Surfer
07-25-2003, 01:30 PM
What if your a really busty girl..Do they still fit right??:eek2: Ive never tried one on that had the contuer to them before:confused: .Im not saying I am, just curious if a girl was big chested,does it effect the fit any?

Lucky you don't have to worry about that huh:D :D :D Kidding

Dune Surfer
07-25-2003, 01:33 PM

LOL on the pics!!!!

Definitly more than a handfull, Lucky I have a big mouth;)

AtvMxRider
07-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Definitly more than a handfull, Lucky I have a big mouth;)

:blah:

batgeek
07-25-2003, 01:50 PM
.....it doesn't look like much till you put it on - then you can really feel the difference!!!

excuse me ma'am.....but, may i feel your "difference"??

:D

y'know i'm just playing right? :p

400grl
07-25-2003, 02:24 PM
LOL!!!! Yeah - I know you are all just playin'! Makes it fun! :)

86350x
07-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Checked my mail, and this thread had a bunch of responses.

Should have known boobs were the topic.:p

QuadJunkies
07-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Lucky you don't have to worry about that huh:D :D :D Kidding :o :p two handfuls is plenty.....:devil:

QuadJunkies
07-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Definitly more than a handfull, Lucky I have a big mouth;) :eek:

AtvMxRider
07-26-2003, 01:42 AM
:o :p two handfuls is plenty.....:devil:

:D ;)