PDA

View Full Version : Shock Rebuild

MadMan400ex
07-19-2003, 09:13 AM
I am always hearing about guys having their stock rear shock rebuilt and beefed up. Anyone know where the best place to have this done and what the price is? Also, is it really a good deal to strengthen a weak shock or is it better to spend the money for a new one?

07-19-2003, 05:17 PM
well im no expert on shocks but if u do not have front shocks it probably not a good idea to get a rear rebuild. If u get it rebuilded before u get front shocks and u get a ssd or a zps front shock u will probably wanna get a zps or ssd rebuild in the rear to match the front.

muff
07-19-2003, 05:52 PM
quadshop did an awesome job on mine :D it works great and had the best prices i could find anywhere, you'll pay a little bit over $300ish

from what i heard from rico, his rebuild was actually pretty close to the real deal and that the average rider probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference

i had mine setup for motocross/freestyle but its also worked great flyin down the trails or out in the fields
plus it can handle this stuff no problem

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pfd4d35f8c41971754646512c8d9c2e9d/fbc0ecce.jpg

07-20-2003, 02:09 AM
there is no need to get a full shock if you get a rebuild from a reputable place Axis, PEP, TCS... The performance is the same its just you cant replace all the parts on a stock shock were a new shock is fully replacable.

MadMan400ex
07-21-2003, 08:51 AM
I've heard that C & D racing are rebuilding rear shocks somewhere in the $300 range. I know they're a sponsor of this site and all, but does anyone have any experience dealing with them? I don't really wanna send my shock and $300 to someone and wonder if and when it might return.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-21-2003, 09:54 AM
The rear rebuild only takes a day once it is here ;) the rest is waiting on shipping

07-21-2003, 10:48 AM
christian paul motorsports did mine im a lil heavy for the stock spring so he put a z 400 one on, changed my oil and valving, it works awesome, well worth the money

MadMan400ex
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Sorry Silverfox, didn't mean to flame on your company or anything, I'm just always hesitant when it comes to sending money to a company that I don't know much about. Can you send me any info on what can be done and what you recommend doing to rebuild the shock. I ride mostly woods, play racing, all that good stuff. All the chassis geometry is stock. I also ride very aggresively.