PDA

View Full Version : broken tabs on 250r lrd exhuast

tants
07-19-2003, 06:56 AM
on my lrd exhuast, the tabs that hold the pipe togather broke off, one set of tabs are completly gone, and the ones on the bottom, one of them looks like its about to come off, its cracked in a spot...
i threw some more hi temp sealant, then put a circle clamp around it and tightend it the most i can.

my question is... i can just get a welder to weld new tabs on? correct. ive herd of the lrd tabs always breaking. could i run it with just the 1 tab and the circle clamp, or just wait untill i rbing it to the welders...

Narly R
07-19-2003, 07:06 AM
Is it a ajustible pipe? Um can u post a pic of it? I would like to think that you could weld it but I dunno...:ermm:

trx400ex
07-19-2003, 12:54 PM
If youve found where you like the pipe why not just weld it shut so you dont have to mess with it again, no more leaks......unless it wont come out of your frame in 1 piece

tants
07-19-2003, 03:21 PM
yes its an adjustable pipe. i put a clamp over it, and fumes dont come out of it, like it did befor i put the clamp on, itll work for now but i wanna get it fixed. i doubt the pipe will come off if i weld the 2 pipes togather...

:o

Narly R
07-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Well good luck with whatever you do!;)