PDA

View Full Version : Here is how I reversed 250EX front rims.

PhilMoore
01-17-2002, 09:14 PM
It took me about an hour and a half to do this front wheel mod. I keep reading about it, so I decided to try it. I wrote up a short article if you want to try it yourself.

The article is on my website:

www.atvpix.com/fliprim.html

moto93
01-18-2002, 08:05 AM
Welcome to Bump Steer city! Been there done that. Wait 'till she hits something and hurts her wrists.

roostfrom250ex
01-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Why didn't you just get the E-Z fit wheel spacers?

PhilMoore
01-18-2002, 12:49 PM
I did get them! I ordered them from DuraBreak on monday. I wanted to have them by this weekend, so I ordered them second day delivery. They showed up, but they are not even close to the correct size.

Anyway, people are always asking how to flip front rims, so I thought I would show how I did it myself.

Spacers are $106. It cost me about $12 to do the rim flip.

We shall see how it works out.

roostfrom250ex
01-19-2002, 08:17 AM
That is a very good price to get a wider front. Hope the wheels stay centered.
i put the E-Z fits on mine, along with the 2 1/2 's in back. Totally different machine!
More on the throttle, less hitting trees.
They came from Graydon. The fronts fit very well. Tight and true.I think i have a part # for them.
As for the rears, they don't fit as well. They should come with studs, not bolts. The bolts don't fit the hub (bolts too small) and the holes in the spacers are way bigger than the bolts. I put them on the best i could (3 different times - tighten, loosen , line them up some more, tighten ) and when i raise the back up and run the quad in gear, they still wobble.
I think Dura-Blue could do a little better with these.
otherwise, with the pipe, spacers, and razers, the quad is way more confident and surely NOT slow!

PhilMoore
01-19-2002, 10:39 AM
I got to take it out for a spin this morning. I noticed a very slight increase in steering force (harder to turn the bars).

I did not notice any difference in "bump steer" effect. I went across our field, that is very rough with snow bumps. It did not seem worse than stock to me. I also cut diagonally across the ditches along our drive way to see how it would react. It stayed straight, and was not scary.

The extra width really helps alot.

roost, I know what you mean about the rear spacers, mine are Durablue also. They seem to go on fairly easily, but like you said the bolt holes are much larger than the bolt. Even where the bolt goes into the stock hub has some play, which is to be expected since the Durablue bolts do not have splines on them. Anyway, Toni does not do much jumping or crazy hard riding, so I am hoping the front rims will stay centered.