PDA

View Full Version : i think my tranny is going out

yellowrider
07-19-2003, 04:03 AM
my 4 wheeler has been in the shop for a few months..

i was just leaving livingsteen ... *after you leave the trail then get on the black top and see the gas station .... well anyways there was this piped ex and i raced him down the road he beat me and then i raced him back i beat him well... we were going to race again and i noticed my chain had oil all over it so i quickly shut it off and pushed it to my truck which was on the side of the road... it was coming from my crankcase....

well anyhow to make a loing story short ... i took it to the shop tuesday and they replaced the gasket for free.. next dday it started leaking again ... then the said it was the bearing so ... 2 weeks later they got the bearing ... then they said it wouldnt fit so they had to get me a new crankcase ... well when they had it apart they replaced my rings ... crankshaft cam cam chain and i think the connecting rod... all for free...

2 months later i got it back and i had a day to break it in ... cause the next day we were going to london and did very well up there ... i didnt drag to many people one to be exact... he beat me once and i beat him once he was on a z..

so after taht i thought hey everything ok they did a good job... but after that it started becoming a problem to shift now i been missing gears and everything... i let a few peopel ride it and they said it was just my clutch well. after that we were going to take a break so i stoped mine... and was trying to click for neutral and i noticed i was rolling so i hit the brake and put it back in first and grabed the clutch i was moviing well since then i havent rode it... but i went out there this moring and it doesnt do it now is there something about to go out again ... ???? sorry if all of this doesnt make since ....

also i felt like i was losing power and my oil is very black for 4 days of riding... anywyas thanks for any kind of help i am glad i waited on the 416
:D