PDA

View Full Version : 400ex power mods

noreaster79
07-18-2003, 02:29 PM
I am interested in hearing about different types of engine mods that people have had expierience with. I am looking at doing some type of engine mod. I ride about 50% trails and 50% track. I am looking to get more power from bottom to top end. I am open to suggestion. I am looking for shops that could do the work also and some links that I could look at would be great. But mainly what I am looking for is what do you have and if you had to do it over what would you do different. I am in located about 45 minutes from Philly and if possible would like to get the work done locally if possible. Also what is the end cost package. I have seen kits ranging from $600 up to $4000. Please post any and all suggestions. I would like to get as much feedback as possible.

JOEX
07-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the site.......

You're asking alot of questions..... There are many variables in what can be done......read back a few pages and you'll find a starting point on what you can do.

Joe

Yellow2001400ex
07-18-2003, 07:28 PM
More open air flow which means an aftermarket performance air filter and a more open exhaust will help a lot. It's a good first mod to do to any quad. You'll notice a pretty good increase in power through the entire powerband but don't just buy any aftermarket pipe. Some are better for top end and some give more bottom end. I'd go with one that has a good punch through the whole powerband. My White Brothers E-Series is noticeable through the entire powerband but there are more pipes that give the same power so just shop around and just get advice from people on here. You'll find one that will fit what power increase your looking for. K&N, White Brothers, and UNI air filters are what most people use.

noreaster79
07-19-2003, 01:29 AM
I have done the pipe and the filter. But I still want more so I am looking at some type of engine mod whether it be 406,416, or 440.

cals400ex
07-19-2003, 06:22 AM
make sure you have that bike jetted correctly for the pipe and filter. that will make a big difference on how your bike runs.