PDA

View Full Version : Just read and think... response not necessary

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Yo,
Please focus on this,it will take like 3 minutes.

Food for Thought In light of the many perversions and jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different:
This is not intended to be a joke, it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on theEarly Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11).

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.

And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His
protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

In light of recent events ... terrorist attacks, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she
was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school ... the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor
as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And wesaid OK.

Then someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our children when they misbehave. The school administrators said no faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't want to be sued (there's a big difference between disciplining, touching, beating, smacking, humiliating, kicking, etc.). And we said OK.

Then someone said, let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, and they won't even have to tell their parents. And we said OK.

Then some wise school board member said, sinceboys will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they want so they can have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school. And we said OK.

Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs. Agreeing with them, we said it doesn't matter to me what anyone, including the President,does in private as long as I have a job and the economy is good.

Then someone said let's print magazines with pictures of nude women and call it wholesome, down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the female body. And we said OK.
And then someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children and then further again
by making them available on the Internet. And we said OK, they're entitled to free speech.

Then the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence, and illicit sex.
Let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes. And we said it's just entertainment, it has no adverse effect, nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go right ahead.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out.

I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what
the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the
Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and
workplace.

Are you laughing?

Funny how if and when you forward this message to friends and family, you will not send it to many on
your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they WILL think of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more worried about
what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Cut and past this to an e-mail to a friend or someone if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it ...
no one will know you did.
But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in!

And to anyone thinking they are going to be "cool or funny"by responding to bash this...think if you really BELEIVE what your about to post first...chew on that for a bit.

Tom...<><

hessianmx111
07-18-2003, 12:49 PM
some of those are really true. and make alot of sense

d34motoracer
07-18-2003, 01:06 PM
thats just about the best thing that ive ever heard inside this forum besides that there might be a honda 450,.lmao..nah man good points on that one..

batgeek
07-18-2003, 01:06 PM
hrmmm, i'm an atheist and i dont think i turned out that bad.

not bashing here but yes, God and religion CAN provide a base for how to live your life.

just remember, we are people first. treat people with decency and respect. thats the best rule anyone can go by. i dont need God nor religion in order to do that.

treat me as you yourself would like to be treated. is that a religious thing? i dont think so. it's just basic human consideration.

it isn't lack of religion that is ruining us, its lack of consideration for your fellow human being that is.

good post though...i dont tend to get into religious discussions, but thought i would add my thoughts here :D

Glow Plug
07-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Great Post. Best one i've read in a while But....

No I am not a religous man but I think what batgeek said also made alot of sence. I try to have as much fun in my life as I can and I don't need anyone to tell me how to do that. Personally I do'nt see how going out every weekend and getting wasted can be called "fun" But its not gonig to stop me from drinking. And yes I do see your point with alot of this stuff but I was just giving my 2 cents on the matter

:)

hondafox440
07-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
hrmmm, i'm an atheist and i dont think i turned out that bad.

not bashing here but yes, God and religion CAN provide a base for how to live your life.

just remember, we are people first. treat people with decency and respect. thats the best rule anyone can go by. i dont need God nor religion in order to do that.

treat me as you yourself would like to be treated. is that a religious thing? i dont think so. it's just basic human consideration.

it isn't lack of religion that is ruining us, its lack of consideration for your fellow human being that is.

good post though...i dont tend to get into religious discussions, but thought i would add my thoughts here :D

A big effin' word to that. I don't believe in God or anything, and personally I think religion is stupid. Am I a bad person because of that? More people have been murdered in the name of "God" than anything else. Religion is the sole cause of all the middle east fighting. Religious extremists are the ones initiating the violence. Yet if we were all religious everything would change?

I think the whole thing with religion is since there are so many, and many conflict with each other, which is correct? How can you teach religious values in school when there are so many religions out there? Who decides what the correct one is?

You are entitled to your opinions and beliefs, just as I am. I just don't agree with you.

Str8Wicked
07-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Not to bust your bubble but most poeple who try so hard to push there beliefs on others are insecure about there religion in the first place. They are so insecure about there religion that they try even harder to let everyone know what religion they are.

The reasons I pray to god at home and not in church.

1. The Catholic Church is the biggest non profit corporation in the world.. Big Corporation have one thing in mind, money money and more money..

2. If a priest who has never had any true responsibilities in his life that all normal adults have is going to try to council me, it ain't going to happen

3. If church was meant for the people than don't you think they would have made it a bit more exciting. I mean how many times do you want to hear the same stories over and over again.

4. I do not pay money to talk to God. Not cause he's not worth it but because i do not need to have a person in between me and the lord for him to hear.

oh yeah one more thing... Did you know that in the past, the Catholic Church was responsible for killing 1/2 to 1 million woman becuase they accused them of witch craft.

I love what I do and I do what I love... thats how it's gonna be

Just my 2 cents but if were up to me I'd rather leave the Religion out of any conversation but since it was brought up....

Tommy 17
07-18-2003, 02:05 PM
i am a catholic and i do believe in god...

i do agree with some things said by everyone thats posted...

i'm sorta half and half but i do believe this...

all these religion posts on exriders shouldn't be here... there no need to discuss this kinda stuff... i come here to talk about quads... not to listen to people preech about god against god or the way we should live our lives...

just my .02s

Str8Wicked
07-18-2003, 02:08 PM
nicely said..... thank you.......................

hondafox440
07-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

all these religion posts on exriders shouldn't be here... there no need to discuss this kinda stuff... i come here to talk about quads... not to listen to people preech about god against god or the way we should live our lives...

just my .02s

But it is the Open Forum, so let him post what he wants. No one put a gun to your head and told you to read and respond to this thread. If you dont want to read it, then dont.

Brad
07-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
Not to bust your bubble but most poeple who try so hard to push there beliefs on others are insecure about there religion in the first place. They are so insecure about there religion that they try even harder to let everyone know what religion they are.

The reasons I pray to god at home and not in church.

1. The Catholic Church is the biggest non profit corporation in the world.. Big Corporation have one thing in mind, money money and more money..

2. If a priest who has never had any true responsibilities in his life that all normal adults have is going to try to council me, it ain't going to happen

3. If church was meant for the people than don't you think they would have made it a bit more exciting. I mean how many times do you want to hear the same stories over and over again.

4. I do not pay money to talk to God. Not cause he's not worth it but because i do not need to have a person in between me and the lord for him to hear.

oh yeah one more thing... Did you know that in the past, the Catholic Church was responsible for killing 1/2 to 1 million woman becuase they accused them of witch craft.

I love what I do and I do what I love... thats how it's gonna be

Just my 2 cents but if were up to me I'd rather leave the Religion out of any conversation but since it was brought up....

i stoped goin to church after my confirmation this april because of my belief that god is everywhere and excists not only in the building we call a church but in the basis of every living thing in the entire universe... its not that im lazy and wont go to church its that i dont believe in contributing in the current state of chaos that the catholic church is in...as i said i believe god is with me in every breath i take and i dont believe i have to visit him in church every weekend...jesus loves you:D

blondie69
07-18-2003, 02:50 PM
wow....thats a really good topic. I dunno if i'd quite go so far as sayin something like god controls everything we do, and for everything bad or "sinful" we do, were gonna get punished. I've never gone to church in my life...never been baptized...have no clue what my religion is......i'm not gonna say weather or not I believe in god or not. cuz if i do say what i belive in him or not...then i will probably get flamed. but i think of it this way.....what happens happens....its not on an act of god...its just life. if u do something "sinful" your not gonna get punished for it later on in your life or go to hell. when your dead...your just...dead, thats all it is. so thats all i gotta say....my .02 cents:cool:

but i want my 3 mins back:cuss: jp;)

bansheeguy77
07-18-2003, 03:02 PM
tommy i think it is good that he posted this here. it gets peoples views out and lets us speak our mind in an adult manner which is great. there is no1 saying satan rules and no1 saying god god believe in god! but i agree with the first post, the world is going to hell. i gave up complaining or trying to change it and such. why? cause there is always some1 out there who will ***** moan and complain till they have their own way cough rosie odonnel cough. sure it would be great if she was dead...but there are 300000 more of her. so i go by believe what u want good for u be happy with it. i know i trust in god and he will take care of me as long as im with him. but by looking at me or talking with me u might think im the complete opposite. god knows who u are inside. and the statement treat others as you would like to be treated is a quote i live by. but if only the other 99% of humanity would realize that we would be good. the world was pretty much based on religion tho. thats y the pilgrams left europe to praise what they wanted. thats y the towel heads are fighting us cause they believe different. u cant blame them for believing in their god, but dont kill innocent people who did nothing to you. oh well the world is already gone im just waiting to hear the trumpets....

07-18-2003, 03:41 PM

just my .02s i agree with you 100% tommy...i believe in god...butbut i dont see a need to go to church...i can pray on my own time...wich i usualy do atleast every other night...but to me church is boring....i dont like going into these religous convos so im out

250EXstud
07-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Ok i am a christian and i firmly believe in God and i think a lot of you are confused.1. WE make our own decisions, we decide to follow God or not. 2.you don't have to be baptized to go to heaven, you are just making it public that you are a Christian. One day we all will go before the Lord on the day of judgement and if you beleive in God and that he died on the cross and invite Him into your heart you will be saved and live forever with God. and if you don't you are going to hell. And for some of you how do you think we were created? Look at evolution it has been proved false in every test but still people still believe. I will pray for you guys cause God has done so much for me.

P.s The Bible does call us to go to church. It is not bad if you miss a few sundays here and there but we are calle to go . And if you have any questions please pm me and ask

quaddict53
07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Here's the thing...too many people think that going to church is all about preachers tellin you how you should talk to God...well they can't! Only you can know how or when or where you talk to God. In this sense, I agree with those of you who have opted not to go to church.

HOWEVER...all christians need church.....church is the place where you surround yourself with people of the same beliefs...they nurture you and help you grow in your faith....and the sermons help too.

You don't pay money to go to church....God asks us to tithe, not because he needs our money, but because we put money in such a high position in our society, god can use the money we give to help others.

I personally like all these religious threads.

Just my opinion.

310Rduner
07-18-2003, 05:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh WAIT!!! another!! i love these threads haha!!:eek:

umm personally.. keep religion and god the h$ll out of school.. i dont need to listen to that every morning.. there is NO place for it in schools.. it would cause way too much trouble.. even if it were in good intent it is not the RIGHT thing to do.. it would be forcing someones ELSE'S view onto others.. and i could care less about listening to how i will rot in hell and yadda yadda because i dont believe what someone wants to convince me of.

Would you want the government to force you to listen to how god does NOT exist every day during morning announcements and such?? no of course not .. because that is what YOU chose not to believe.. while i may think that and feel it should be FORCED into your heads. But you know why they dont?? because it would be wrong, cause too many legal issues. and it is sort of oppressive almost.

I agree with batgeek and a few of the others who posted above, that the only reason this world is going to Hell in a handbasket is because people are just pricks and b*stards to eachother.. and people are too involved in their own stupid sh*t to stop and have a care for someone else, and that is pretty F*ing sad.

we dont need MORE religion to help people be better to eachother.. religion obviously hasnt helped for Sh*T in the past couple thousand years lmfao.. can you say middle east?!?!;)

batgeek
07-18-2003, 05:44 PM
you don't have to be baptized to go to heaven, you are just making it public that you are a Christian.

wrong...you can not go to heaven if you are not purged of Original Sin. blame Adam and Eve for that one :D

God asks us to tithe, not because he needs our money, but because we put money in such a high position in our society, god can use the money we give to help others.

ACK!!! this one always bugged me....

when the Pastor of one of our local churches lives in a $400K house sitting on 20 acres of land, he drives a Land Rover and his wife drives a Benz.....and all they do is "work" at the church, i have to question that ;)

310Rduner
07-18-2003, 05:45 PM
wrong...you can not go to heaven if you are not purged of Original Sin. blame Adam and Eve for that one :D

DOH!!!:blah:

wilkin250r
07-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by quaddict53

HOWEVER...all christians need church.....church is the place where you surround yourself with people of the same beliefs...they nurture you and help you grow in your faith....and the sermons help too.

I disagree. I spent many years in church, and I would say that I am stronger in my faith than most people, but I stopped going to church because of the people that surrounded me.

My mother used to invite a few friends over and discuss the scriptures. A private bible study. But because it wasn't "sanctioned" by the local church, they were labeles as demon worshippers! My brother had an earring and wore black t-shirts, and was branded a trouble-maker, drug addict, and worse. And let me tell you something, my brother was the perfect son. His grades were good, and he kept the whole house immaculatley clean. But we were outcasts because my mother had a few bible studies without the pastor...

It was later discovered that one of the prominent members of this church routinely beat his wife and sexually abused his daughter. I got caught up in the trial (my friend was dating the daughter) and half the town turned against me and my friend. The entire town was supporting a child-molester, and my mother is branded as a demon-worshipper for having a private bible study? :huh

It would seem like there should be more to the story, something crucial I left out, but there isn't. It really is that simple. And this is not the only church in which I've experienced AMAZING hypocricy, as well as greed. Judge not lest yee be judged? HA! I have seen more judgement, more corruption, more greed, and more hypocrisy in the church than I have ever seen anywhere.

I'm not sure I want to be associated with that.:ermm:

Wow, I was just going to write a quick note about how I disagree, and instead I write a novel. Apparently I feel pretty strongly about this.

Got Huevos?
07-18-2003, 06:26 PM
im a christian and thats as far as i go. i dont think if god really is god that he is going to care what i label myself wether i be a catholic or baptist or LDS (Mormon) i been to both LDS and Catholic church. and one of the big diffrences is that the catholic seems to preach that if ur not catholic ur not christian and thats being a big time hypocrit. if u believe in god and Jesus christ then ur a christian cuz thats what it is. being christian means believeing in god and jesus. i dont go to church, either of the churches cuz of the amount of hypocrisy especially with all the stuff popping up about people in the church molesting children. a head bishop here in Pheonix was caught molesting a child and that is just purley wrong. im not claiming to be the prefect kid im 15 and i know that but i am by far not as bad as some of the thing i see today.i dont preach stuff i dont practice and u see alot of that in church and in everday life on the news people saying they do all this and that when really there doing the opposite.u see all kinds of people sinning on everyday but sunday then on sunday they act like the perfect person. at least i dont do that at least im tru to myself and not bullch*ttin god saying i'll obey his every command then stabbing him in the back by going out and doing crap i know i said i wasn;t going to do that stuff he said alot of it was tru. alot more then most people will believe and its pretty sad to look at it and see it.

hessianmx111
07-18-2003, 06:36 PM
str8wicked and tommy i agree with you both.

i havent been to church in over a year but i talk to god everynight. i dont think it makes me a bad person because i dont go. i believe in god and thats good enough for me. religion is a touchy subject so it should be kept out of schools unless the kids want to take that class. everybody at a school is different and thinks differently. i cant stand some people who think that just becuase they go to church god is going to forgive them for what they do every other day. i believe god is there to help us out when we need it the most. i dont like these kinds of topics but figured id post my .02 cents.

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
07-18-2003, 06:55 PM
i am a christian and i am not afraid to admit it publicly, people go to church because they want to, they like to worship the Lord, they like to praise God in the company of others who feel with them. don't blame sin on adam and eve, if they wouldn't have sinned, someone else would have, it is human nature to sin, you can't say that since the first two people didn't sin, that means that the rest of the world would be perfect, people sin, unfortunately its what we do. Another thing, this country was built on religion, i know it was freedom of religion so you can participate in any religion you would like to, but look at the dollar bill and all of the coins we circulate through our country every single day. every single one of them says "In God We Trust". Does that phrase not mean anything? Does it not show what we have built this country upon? When people say take God out of schools and take him out of our every day lives why is that? If we have freedom of religion then why can't we pray in school, why can't we read the bible in school, i'm not saying that anyone has to do something they dont' want, now i know there is freedom to privacy and everything like that so yall don't start yelling at me because you think that some little boy reading the bible is infringing on your privacy at school. all im saying is that we have built our country upon a foundation that is bigger then anyone could have imagined. God. Why don't we give him a little more respect for what he did for us? i love God and i find it sickening that we can't realize what he has done for us when it is right in front of our eyes.

><> Keep The Faith! :macho <><

310Rduner
07-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by .:01_eXrIdEr:.
i am a christian and i am not afraid to admit it publicly, people go to church because they want to, they like to worship the Lord, they like to praise God in the company of others who feel with them. don't blame sin on adam and eve, if they wouldn't have sinned, someone else would have, it is human nature to sin, you can't say that since the first two people didn't sin, that means that the rest of the world would be perfect, people sin, unfortunately its what we do. Another thing, this country was built on religion, i know it was freedom of religion so you can participate in any religion you would like to, but look at the dollar bill and all of the coins we circulate through our country every single day. every single one of them says "In God We Trust". Does that phrase not mean anything? Does it not show what we have built this country upon? When people say take God out of schools and take him out of our every day lives why is that? If we have freedom of religion then why can't we pray in school, why can't we read the bible in school, i'm not saying that anyone has to do something they dont' want, now i know there is freedom to privacy and everything like that so yall don't start yelling at me because you think that some little boy reading the bible is infringing on your privacy at school. all im saying is that we have built our country upon a foundation that is bigger then anyone could have imagined. God. Why don't we give him a little more respect for what he did for us? i love God and i find it sickening that we can't realize what he has done for us when it is right in front of our eyes.

><> Keep The Faith! :macho <><

we dont because it would make people like me bish and complain.. alot.. i really do mean alot probably.. lol.

Separation of state and church is for a good thing i think..

and, i understand it may be on the dollar bill, or in the pledge of allegiance, but i do not trust in any type of god, honestly, i dont believe he exists... so it means nothing to me.

However i am not one of those ********* who would screw with something like say "god" in the pledge of allegiance.. why F* with it i think. it isnt hurting me to say it, even if i think god is a bunch of made up bs... i am just not one who believes there should be a complaint about stupid crap.. but i wouldnt tolerate having to pray in school.. as long as the keep it where its at now.. i dont mind anything.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:07 PM
dont you learn anything in Sunday school?

it is human nature to sin

if it wasn't for Eve, it WOULDN'T be human nature to sin.....

i'm just using what the Bible teaches y'all as a basis for my arguement.

one of the first thing an atheist must do is learn alot about as many religions as possible. it helps us in discussions to explain why we are atheists.

one good thing about my position is that i can look at that stuff form the outside, not skewed by what my priest, pastor, reverend, rabbi, pujari, monk, etc... has told me.

07-18-2003, 07:09 PM
if eve wouldn't have sinned it wouldn't have stopped anyone else from sinning.

07-18-2003, 07:10 PM
im not trying to get in an argument, that is just what i beleive personally, i never backed it up with any bible verse or anything, i am not criticizing you for what you do or do not believe.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:15 PM
if eve wouldn't have sinned it wouldn't have stopped anyone else from sinning.

yes it would, because then no one have the knowledge of good and evil.

this is not an arguement, its a discussion. i guarantee you will know when i'm arguing with you :D

07-18-2003, 07:18 PM
i honestly appreciate your comments, but i am just stating what i believe, you may think it is wrong, and that is your thoughts, but personally i believe that. if you think that is wrong, then so be it. that is what you believe, i am not trying to say what you believe is wrong. all i asked is why can't people see what God is doing for us right before our eyes. no need for arguing.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:21 PM
ok, well what you believe isn't what the Christian church teaches...

oh well.

i dont belive in God, i have no religion.

07-18-2003, 07:26 PM
like i said before, i did not say that the christian church taught me that, it just what i believe, no need to criticize. i know many of christians that don't believe in everything the church teaches them. and that is their belief. im not saying that is right, just what i believe.:D

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:34 PM
see thats what perplexes me about organized religion.

the church/religions says one thing, yet the followers don't believe it....

why belong to a church/religion if they are just going to make their own ideals up?

it's like a Hindu that likes a big steak for dinner.

TheRedRebel17
07-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I agree iwth tommy here for the most part..yes im a christian, and i know i should pray more, but i dont. Does that make me a bad christian?

07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
where does it say anywhere that because you are part of an organized religion that you have to believe every single part of what they say. i know you just said you were confused, but does a student believe everything the teacher says?

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:55 PM
then why suscribe to any religious belief or teaching if you aren't going to follow it anyways?

07-18-2003, 07:56 PM
so you are saying that it is completely pointless for someone to be involved in learning if they aren't going to fully believe in everything 100%?

batgeek
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
what i quoted is a basic Christian teaching.

like in math 2+2=4.

you are going to throw away something that is the at basis of your religion?

07-18-2003, 08:00 PM
who said i was throwing it away.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 08:01 PM
well you certainly dont agree with it, do you?

07-18-2003, 08:05 PM
did i ever say that i totally disreguard what the church taught me? no. i told everyone that i have a different point of view then the churches or other religions. i personally think that praising God is praising God. i don't believe that any christian denomination is better then any other. so why are you trying to prove me wrong, im not saying what you believe is wrong, freedom of religion.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 08:08 PM
i'm not trying to prove you wrong. i'm having a discussion to try and better understand.

knowledge is power.

07-18-2003, 08:09 PM
i agree with you. i just stated what i believe. no need for contradiction. it's getting late. bed time! :D

07-18-2003, 08:15 PM
sorry i hogged the thread Z400sTyLe

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 08:18 PM
To elaborate....

I dont listen to everything I hear either.... I also test spirits, wanna know how??? BY THE WORD OF GOD "called check it to see if it lines up with God's word, the bible" if it contradicts the bible its not from God. Period.

But with any speaker or what not, you sometiems have to take the bones with the meat, then through the Holy Spirit you are able to discern what is Good and what isnt and keep what is good and burn off the chaff or "garbage" if you will that is not sound.

Remember speakers are just people, I never put any person on a pedestool*. You can tell them by their fruits, plain and simple.

If I listened to everything that was thrown at me I would be far off from the truth. Know this. The Word of God....do not add to it, and do not take away from it, if anyone preaches to you a different gosple let them be acursed.

Thats how cults get started, they add to it or take it away from it, Morman Religion and Jehovah's Witness' to name a few started from that.

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 08:21 PM

Momma didn't raise no sorry boy, don't apologize. :)

310Rduner
07-18-2003, 08:23 PM
i agree with you. i just stated what i believe. no need for contradiction. it's getting late. bed time! :D

it wouldn't be fun, nor worth reading or educational if it werent contradicting.;)

I think batgeek is trying to say that, if you are going to agree to believe in it, and go to church to follow it.. why are you selectively deciding what you believe.. because if what you believe is true, then you are directly contradicting the messenger type or whatever "of" god how they describe the pastors or rabis.

seems like you should have to follow them.. after all.. you do believe that they are doing God's work and such.. seems like you would want to listen.

I didnt say all that to be an arse.. it was just to kinda point out what i think he meant.. and not how you took it.. thats my read on it anyways.

batgeek
07-18-2003, 08:26 PM
then tell me, which Christian religion is "the right one"?

the one that you subscribe to? if so, then that makes all other Christians wrong?

this is how i like to look at religion.

if it's what you like/need, then more power to you. the relationship is between you and your God. period.

i know the Bible says "gather together and sing praises upon the Lord." but is that truely necessary?

hehe, i love a good discussion. i am truely sorry if i come off as arguementative.

07-18-2003, 08:32 PM
point well taken. and i agree with all you guys, no one's perfect.

sept the biig maan :D

310Rduner
07-18-2003, 08:37 PM

sept the biig maan :D

if you feel that way.. sure why not:uhoh:

07-18-2003, 08:38 PM
yes i do feel that way! :D

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 08:48 PM
then tell me, which Christian religion is "the right one"?

Simply put...

A Christian is a follower of the Living God Jesus Christ.
"Christian= Christ like, or little Christ, follower of."

Docternal stuff was man made.
Jesus addressed that right here....
When John and the disciples told Jesus they saw a man casting out demons in His name and made the guy stop because the man was not ONE OF THEM...Jesus said "Do not forbid Him, for no one who works a miricle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our side"

I think its very crystal that the teaching of Jesus here concerning service prompted John to relate an incident that reveals a sectarian attitude among the disciples. The guy they rebuke is a TRUE follower of Jesus, although he was not one of the 12 disciples.... There is NO place for narrow exclusivism i the body oif Christ "the church." All genuine Christians are to be tolerant toward their fellow beleiversm regardless of their denomination. Anda pretty crutial test in determining true service is motive.... Is the work done for Christ and HIS glory?!

batgeek
07-18-2003, 08:55 PM
now that is probably the straightest answer i have even gotten in a religious dicussion. makes sense.

now explain to me the animosity between the various Christian religions. with that teaching, there shouldn't be any.

if you deny that it exists, this discussion is over.

edited cuz i can't speel.

oh shoot...i didnt see the PM ya sent me. i think .:01_eXrIdEr:.'s PM came in at the same time. :D

i'm gonna have to make a trip up there to Rauch and visit with ya. discussions like this are much easier face to face than on a msg board :)

are you or any of the Zcent guys making the Rausch ride Aug 10th?

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 09:21 PM
This is what I have noticed....

Many self proclaimed "Christians" or people who's parents are Christian but have just taken that lable for themselves or people who are like "I'm a Christian, I am this or that denomination" just do so for the sake of a lable or recognization or think that they know "enough to get by" and are all in the clear and wonder why they live defeated lives when the Word of God they claim to preach and live by is just words...

Blessed rathewr are those who hear the word of God and obey it!
Though the grace increase the sin should NOT.
Those who are in Christ are NEW CREATIONS "spiritually", to be saved one must be born of spirit and baptized in water" The old is gone and the new is there, though people may Try themselves to amke themselves clean on the outside they show the crap inside eventually even though they are saved if they were sincere asking Jesus ion their heart, but they should NOT deny the desire thats anew to seak after God and serve Him.

Many of those folks in my first paragraph dont hardly ever read their bible, so how are they gonna know the authority they have through Jesus Christ? Faith comes first, and when we have the faith like a child and WALK OUT IN IT then you will see, then and only then will it manifest. THe POWER of the LIVING GOD!

Hear the word of God by reading it! Listen to the Holy Spirit when you do! Surround yourself with Spirit filled men and women of God, and walk out in faith and authority that Jesus dies for, anything else is a lack of faith and is making light of the blood Jesus shed for ALL OF US. Throw off whatever hinders you from seeking Him, HE WILL SHOW YOU IF YOU LISTEN. Give everything up to Him, for he that desires to save his live will lose it, and whoever desires to lose their life for Jesus sake WILL find it!

We aree the LIVING GOD, not man. Not your friends, your family not the guy down the dtreet, fear GOD not man, or what others will think of you, follow HIm, let the dead bury their own dead, take up your cross "the life of Jesus" and follow HIM daily. THEN you will see the fruit and experiance it yourself.

I operate through the Holy Spirit of God, anything thats good coming out of me is from HIM, know that. I have my days's, but I keep p[ressing in, though i stumble from time to time I will not fall, for He is faithful. I just dont dwell on those times and keep seeking after Him and runniung the race, its HARD sometimes, but its easier when we give control over to HIM.

Thats why we need to be plugged into the body of Chrsit, for edification, support,rebuke, and unity, each part doing its work leading up to the head which is Christ.

"takes breath" wheeeeeew :)

Z400sTyLe
07-18-2003, 09:22 PM
I know of no rides at ZCentral but when I get anew toy I will help plan one. :)

hondafox440
07-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Batgeek - I like how you think. I agree 100% with you on a lot of things. Could you just give me a quick overview of Atheism? I don't believe in any god, heaven, hell, Jesus, the bible/scriptures/torah, etc.. People ask me if I am atheist and I don't really know how to respond. I try not to associate myself with any religion, because I view them as groundless. The bible for example has been translated so many times by rulers with things in mind (ie the Romans) that I don't believe a word of it. I have also looked into some articles and such in which science can actually disprove all the 'miracles' that 'happened' in the bible.

But each to his own, I'm not here to bash anyone's beliefs, because your guess is as good as mine as to if there really is a god somewhere, and which religion is correct, if any. I personally don't care enough (or have enough faith you may say) to be religious, because I want to live my life how I want to, not by how some book written 2000 years ago says I should.

batgeek
07-19-2003, 12:09 AM
not that i prescribe to any "outlined" atheistic belief system, here is a quick and dirty outline.

atheism - no god, no prescribed religion
agnostic - belief in a higher power, just dunno what it is. no prescribed religion.

here's a good piece to read:

http://www.the-archon.com/guide/aa&s.htm

as atheists and agnostics, we should respect others beliefs. the guy that wrote that piece is intelligent, yet comes off as an *****. personally not the way i present myself as an atheist.

twisted threads
07-19-2003, 12:09 AM
First of all I got to say I like threads like this. I really don't get into the discussions because I don't have much time any more . I agree with Z400TyLe 100% on every thing he says. Some of you have so many questions I don't even know were to start. Well I can tell you that I used to think the same way most of you think ((( I belive in God but IF he loves me He wouldn't care if I smoked pot or drink beer and I don't need to go to church bla..bla blaaa..))) First of all my life changed when I accepted Jesus as my LORD and Savior. Now I know and see the truth. Im not perfict I do stumble but I see the GOAL (JESUS) and im not going to give up. Like Z400TyLe said the Holy Spirit will help you>> It is a free gift that everyone can have all you got to do is ask. Another thing for all you that think church is boring you really need to find your self a good SPIRIT FILLED church and let God take over from there.:cool:
By the way Jesus ride HONDA's!!:macho

batgeek
07-19-2003, 12:24 AM
By the way Jesus ride HONDA's!!

hehe can i quote you on that? :D

bongwater200
07-19-2003, 02:29 AM

just my .02s

This is an OPEN FORUM pal! If Boonovies, Cdalechick and Foxyangel want to come into this forum and talk about Kotex, douche, and nair, you better let them!

Didn't you know that the freedom of speech walks side by side with another freedom which says that you don't have to read anything if you don't chose to do so? If you don't like the subject matter of a post, I recommend that you use that freedom!

Z400style wasn't PUSHING his religion on anyone.... just making several damn good points on why America is becoming what it is.

Just MY .02s And my .02s is worth just as much as yours, so BLOW ME!

quaddict53
07-19-2003, 03:03 AM
I'm definately not the appropriate authority on this issue, i'm just a kid tryin to do what the Lord wants but.....

I hate to think that so many of you don't want to be associated with church due to the fact that its made up of "hypocrites".
If you consider a christian who doesnt always practice what they preach to be a hypocrite, then every christian ever to have lived is one. Why? Because no one is perfect. god created us with free will. Hence the screwing up. To often, when christians mess up, people say, "how can u preach to me when you are doing this or that?" And even worse, when a preacher sins, everyone immediately jumps on him and magnifies his mistake because "he should know better".

I don't agree with everything my pastor tells me. I dont agree with everything my history teacher tells me either. BUT, i do believe that.....1st U.S. President=George Washington

God's son=Jesus Christ;)

batgeek
07-19-2003, 05:18 AM
I hate to think that so many of you don't want to be associated with church due to the fact that its made up of "hypocrites".

i dont think its so much the hypocracy...it's the "holier than thou" attitude that many Christians seem to emit.

"do as i say, not as i do" doesn't work very well for intelligent people.

MOUSE
07-19-2003, 06:25 AM
so we judge the whole religion on the actions of the few? im not trying to come off like im trying to start an argument but it seems to me like people want so bad to not beleive that they will find one persone that says they are a christian and if he stumbles in his walk or makes a mistake or they find a person that acts like they are above everyone else they just judge all of religion on the actions of one or a group of people. If i was to judge the my faith on the actions of man i dont know where i would be. I put my faith in no man, we are human just like you we make mistakes just like you, we bleed and all that jaz just like you. so if we make a mistake or a misguided individual acts in away not "christian" like dont judge us all on the actions of one person.

Dune Surfer
07-19-2003, 06:31 AM
hrmmm, I'm an atheist and i dont think i turned out that bad.

Good point:D For some people religion is the answer, lets keep in mind that not all of us believe, and don't want others beliefs put on us. Try to remember the middle ages when people were killed for their differences. If its OK with you I'll teach my kids the right way and you can keep your religion, fair.