PDA

View Full Version : first mx race?

400ex Racer
07-18-2003, 09:20 AM
first mx race comin up whats a good set up??????

i have a 400ex ......i need all the help i can get....so everyone let me know....even if it wont even help just tell me .....and tips or hints in what i should look 4

cody

400ex

400ex Racer
07-18-2003, 09:22 AM
its not that i need all the help i can get...b/c i cant ride ...i just wanna know what i should know and what i should look out 4 or do 2 stay outta trouble and stay out front....

thankz

cody 400ex

JUSTINcredible
07-18-2003, 07:37 PM
if your not gonna do a jump take the slow lane so u dont get landed on

Nausty
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
hold your line, don't ride over your head.

beyer05
07-18-2003, 09:44 PM
I would suggest at least 6 pounds of pressure in your tires to avoid bent rims on the jumps and tire 'rollover' in the corners.

MxDale71
07-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Don't cut across the track the whole time when someone faster is behind you... it's one thing to block in corners, but it's another to cut across on a jump cause you will just risk getting landed on. Believe me, people have done it to me. I'd come up to a jump and someone that wasn't jumping it would cut right out infront of me and I ended up getting pretty badly hurt.

Also, if you aren't jumping something, stay to the right... dont get right in the middle of the track.

Just be prepared. Have a check list of all the things you'll need (i.e. pants, jersey, knee braces, boots, gloves, helmet, goggles, tools, gas, extra oil, YOUR BIKE!, ect. ect.) and check them off as you put them in your truck so you don't forget anything.

Eat good and don't drink any soda's. Stick w/ water and/or sports drinks. Be sure to stretch a little so you don't get all tenced up and your legs and arms don't start crampin up.

Work on corners. If you can corner fast, the jumps will be easier and you'll have an advantage of most racers out there. Corners are VERY important. Also, there is no traction in the air, so if you can fly low and get back on the ground sooner, you can speed up sooner.

Ride slow to be fast. Sometimes it's faster to slow down and be more smooth in certain sections than it is to just go balls out w/ full throttle. Tapping the rear brake while in the air should also only be done if you REALLY need to do it. Most people like to do it because it looks cool, but when you have to pick up lost momentum from the wheel stopping, you lose time.

There are many more tips, but I don't have time cause I have to leave to go to a race. It's gonna be my first bike race tonight! I have a lot of quad racing experience though, so I don't think I'm just a beginner that doesn't know what he's talkin about. :)

bigfoot300ex
08-01-2003, 03:42 PM
remember thats racing is 90% rider so most of all make sure u no the track good and make sure u are ready