PDA

View Full Version : CVBOYZ - New Tricks to Try???

JLanphear
07-18-2003, 03:39 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you guys had any other wheelie tricks you could think of us to try. I think we all wanna do some never before seen stuff so I figured I'd get your opinions.

I'm not the most creative person in the world so your help is appreciated...Thanks for reading!!!!!

-Josh

07-18-2003, 03:51 AM
Josh buddy I think you boys just about did everything ya can on 1, 2 or 4 wheels...:confused2

Maybe try riding a wheelie and have someone run up behind you,,jump on your quad and take over the controls as you bail off the side before the front wheels hit the ground.

DISCLAIMER *****(Don't do anything Rico ask or tells you to do)***

MOFO
07-18-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Rico

no chit! you aint kidding either!

JLanphear
07-18-2003, 03:53 AM
Josh buddy I think you boys just about did everything ya can on 1, 2 or 4 wheels...:confused2

Maybe try riding a wheelie and have someone run up behind you,,jump on your quad and take over the controls as you bail off the side before the front wheels hit the ground.

LOL....we've done a lot but there's gotta be more that can be done.

Your idea is good....sorta did that before with my girlfriend but she didn't take over the controls and i didn't bail off...hmmmmmm

sickmojave
07-18-2003, 03:54 AM

and if you do,make sure you get it on film :D

JLanphear
07-18-2003, 03:56 AM
Hehehehehee....sounds like Rico can come up with some GREAT IDEAS....just what we are looking for. Come on, spill it, give us what ya got....Carnage is always a good thing :D

Brad
07-18-2003, 06:25 AM
try wheelies with you feet over the handlebars but when u get balanced drop your hands and lay back on the seat...

or try bicycles on one nerf bar

wheelies while standing on the handle bars would deffinitly be kool to see

if i think of more ill tell ya

spud400ex
07-18-2003, 06:29 AM
2 up wheelies.

Glow Plug
07-18-2003, 06:30 AM
Why don't you try and do some more fmx type of tricks like that KOD you were trying before something like that whta about a SSG?

EXracer8604
07-18-2003, 06:44 AM
How about, sitting backwards on the other side of the handle bars doing a wheelie, that would be sick, i tried, but couldnt get the front end up.

400exrules
07-18-2003, 06:45 AM
do a stoppie while standing on the front bumper facing the handle bars

do a wheelie while standing on the front bumper facing the handle bars (must have traction and torque)

TheRedRebel17
07-18-2003, 06:50 AM
somebody on the front bumper and one on the grab bar

MojaveKing
07-18-2003, 09:02 AM
try wheelies with you feet over the handlebars but when u get balanced drop your hands and lay back on the seat...

really really coo to see.!! do it!:devil: :devil:

Chanman420q
07-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Brad

damn you, thats the one i was gunna post but i got to it before i could.

well another idea is a cordova wheelie...... or try and balance on the grab bar........ just stand on it. dont do anything else while it rides....... but u gotta figure out how to keep the throttle going

JLanphear
07-18-2003, 11:48 AM

or try bicycles on one nerf bar

if i think of more ill tell ya

Thanks Brad...good ideas. One of our guys is doing bicycle's on the nerf and he's even doing skitching bicycles too...not sure if you saw the pics of that.

I like the idea of the legs over, no hander recliner thing too...I just barely tried a legs over no hander last week and it went a little ways, not all that far, but something to work on for sure. I don't know if i could get to the point where i could lean back though.

Wheelies standing on the bars would be cool....gotta come up with something.

2 up wheelies.

Okay, we'll do some more of those next time out!

Why don't you try and do some more fmx type of tricks like that KOD you were trying before something like that whta about a SSG?

I'm glad you remembered that....I am actually trying to get that down but haven't had much time....I'm having trouble going completely verticle and extending my legs all the way. The problem is that when you get up like that if you drop the front end you flip over the quad....not fun. Attached is a pic from the other night...this is the 3rd time I had tried it....See what I mean about more extenstion and more verticle?

How about, sitting backwards on the other side of the handle bars doing a wheelie, that would be sick, i tried, but couldnt get the front end up.

Good one, this one is a must.

do a stoppie while standing on the front bumper facing the handle bars

do a wheelie while standing on the front bumper facing the handle bars (must have traction and torque)

The stoppie shouldn't be too bad, I will try it. I tried a wheelie like that last week on pavement. I tried clutching it up and the tires spun, but then I tried it rolling and the tires caught and it flipped me over the quad...LOL....Gotta think of another way to secure my feet. Redrizza had some good ideas.

somebody on the front bumper and one on the grab bar

Another good one.

well another idea is a cordova wheelie...... or try and balance on the grab bar........ just stand on it. dont do anything else while it rides....... but u gotta figure out how to keep the throttle going

Yup, cordova could be good....I have tried the grab bar one you are talking about. I will post a pic under here. You will see my knees resting on the seat, but I have also done it with my knees not touching the seat at all....not for very far though. A friend said 30ft but I don't think it was that far.

Thanks guys! Keep 'em coming!!!

Okay, here is the kiss of death attempt.....kinda embarassing to post it....

http://69.39.84.21/Josh/KOD/CRAPPY.JPG

And Here is the Bar Stand thing....

http://69.39.84.21/Josh/0702/cvbz0702027.jpg

D-4our
07-18-2003, 12:08 PM
maybe try a bicycle to a nose-wheelie to the opposite side bicycle to a wheelie.

I dont know if your quad is too heavy or not but you could try popping the front end up like your gonna do a wheelie and pre-load the rear shock and do a bunny-hop. well atleast thats how they do it on dirtbikes.:ermm:

toby400ex
07-18-2003, 12:14 PM
head stand on the seat or bars

Tommy 17
07-18-2003, 12:38 PM
hit a jump land it in a endo or stoppie what ever u call it...

then soon as u set that down in one motion pop a wheelie outta it;)

friends use to do it on bikes all the time

hessianmx111
07-18-2003, 12:44 PM
you know how you do your bar hop wheelies? well do the exact same but in a stoppie.:)

Glow Plug
07-18-2003, 01:24 PM
that KOD is looking pretty good :D

DEAL
07-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

I can do that a bit but its hard because my front brakes are spongy.

250x#93
07-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

that sounds freakin awesome:cool: I wish I could do an endo or stoppie or whatever but when i hit my front brakes it just slides:confused: Is there a technique to this or what:grr:

sportraxrider10
07-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 250x#93
that sounds freakin awesome:cool: I wish I could do an endo or stoppie or whatever but when i hit my front brakes it just slides:confused: Is there a technique to this or what:grr:

when you do the endos i get going in second gear as fast as i can and hit the front brakes and move up on the seat as i'm doing that, it works:o

Brad
07-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by honda300ex06
when you do the endos i get going in second gear as fast as i can and hit the front brakes and move up on the seat as i'm doing that, it works:o

i go on pavement, trot in 1st, flip my feet over the fenders or handlebars and jam the front brakes:rolleyes:

JLanphear
07-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
you know how you do your bar hop wheelies? well do the exact same but in a stoppie.:)

I really like this idea. I sorta do that but it's only when i know i'm going over. If you haven't seen a couple videos I posted with me and a couple friends you can see them at www.cvboyz.com in the videos section. They are at the bottom called VTEXTREME video clips. At the end of the 2nd clip is what i'm talking about.

Thanks for all of the other comments and ideas guys, reading them all and writing them down. I like the Stoppie off a jump into a wheelie too....That's more up Redrizza's alley I think.

Glow Plug (doh I originally typed brad...lol), thanks for the comments on the KOD...hope I can eventually get it.

-Josh

kxrider
07-18-2003, 04:05 PM
i just learnerd striper, wheelie like 2 days ago, i will scan the pics when i go to my moms, anyways, me an my friends got a new one we are doin, it is pretty easy, but looks cool, 2 people get on the quad oen persone holds throttle side, and puts onefoot on that peg, adn other on the grab bar, then other person does the same thing on the other side, so that you are standin side by side:D if you aint already don that

jwisniew
07-18-2003, 04:15 PM
how bout a reversed high chair, sit up on the handlebars facing the rear of the quad and do a wheelie

nh300ex
07-18-2003, 04:36 PM
hitting a jump to endo is like a lawndart kind of thing on a dirt bike

tants
07-18-2003, 04:43 PM
stand on your bumper, facing backwards on the quad, and try to wheelie...

theres a challange :scary:

RIjon
07-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Wheelie up & down Stairs

hessianmx111
07-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I really like this idea. I sorta do that but it's only when i know i'm going over. If you haven't seen a couple videos I posted with me and a couple friends you can see them at www.cvboyz.com in the videos section. They are at the bottom called VTEXTREME video clips. At the end of the 2nd clip is what i'm talking about.
meh my comp sux and wont download em. but i know what your talking about i was doin stoppies in a ditch like thing and somehow like jumped through the bars but that was like the only time i have ever gotten away from the bike when going over. this would look kinda weird but how about stand on the rear grab bar and stoppie?

Nausty
07-18-2003, 07:34 PM
right now i'm trying to skitch off the back while riding a wheelie. I'm kinda feeling it but is what always screws me up is when I gotta get the last foot off but I feel like I can have all the weight on my other foot before I take it off. Kinda hard to explain what i'm trying.

Theres a couple other little ones that i've never seen done but I think I got some footage of them the last time I rode.

EXriderKID00
07-19-2003, 04:40 AM
try doin a stoppie and see if you can get it 360 degrees around:)

CAMPRO
07-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
right now i'm trying to skitch off the back while riding a wheelie. I'm kinda feeling it but is what always screws me up is when I gotta get the last foot off but I feel like I can have all the weight on my other foot before I take it off. Kinda hard to explain what i'm trying.

Theres a couple other little ones that i've never seen done but I think I got some footage of them the last time I rode.

Nausty... you're a crazy S.O.B.! I can't wait to see some footage of you in action.

Lanphear... remember the can-opener??? Don't explain it here... we'll keep people guessing. And if you do pull it off... don't post any pics. We'll save it for video. Other than that one... I've got many, many tricks up in the attic waiting for a crazy sumbiatch to attempt. Here's one:

It's a sit down wheelie... Tie a rope from the stem to your waist. Set the idle to carry you. Bring it up into the wheelie and let go! Balance the quad using your body, not your hands/arms.

I've got more, but those will only be discussed with the CVBz. Hopfully, you'll see them in our next video!

Peace,
Andrew

sweet300ex
07-19-2003, 08:25 AM
how about a candy bar wheelie? Put one foot over the bar straight out and then just ride one like that

hessianmx111
07-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
how about a candy bar wheelie? Put one foot over the bar straight out and then just ride one like that
i can do those on my utility so id say theyve already done it. this has prolly been done but what about heelclicker stoppie.

Brad
07-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by CAMPRO
Nausty... you're a crazy S.O.B.! I can't wait to see some footage of you in action.

Lanphear... remember the can-opener??? Don't explain it here... we'll keep people guessing. And if you do pull it off... don't post any pics. We'll save it for video. Other than that one... I've got many, many tricks up in the attic waiting for a crazy sumbiatch to attempt. Here's one:

It's a sit down wheelie... Tie a rope from the stem to your waist. Set the idle to carry you. Bring it up into the wheelie and let go! Balance the quad using your body, not your hands/arms.

I've got more, but those will only be discussed with the CVBz. Hopfully, you'll see them in our next video!

Peace,
Andrew

ill try the one with the rope:p :blah:

oh aand i got one more idea its while your already in the wheelie stand on the grab bar and turn a 180 so your backs facing the bars A.K.A standing wheelie to switchback

WEEZIL
07-19-2003, 08:51 AM
bicycle around a bit. throw it down on all fours and wheelie out of that i know it is outa H2 but i think its one of the most bad @$$ lookin wheelie tricks aorund

WEEZIL
07-19-2003, 08:53 AM
OOOH I THOUGHT OF ANOTHER! ok. ride standing up on the seat at a low speed have the idle kinda high. make it look like you fall off of the back and grab the grab bar.... drag yourself for a bit.. stand up and ski a little bit then hop back on...

TC17
07-19-2003, 09:19 AM
no footed one wheeled wheelie, bicycle endo into a 180, do a barhop wheelie sitting the other way, ride a wheelie in a 360 circle, one wheel stoppie and ride on one wheel in a 180, lay stomach down head facing the grab bar hands behind your back wheelie:huh, left handed saran wrap wheelie/endo, one wheel wheelie no footed can, heel clicker endo, lazy boy wheelie with feet over the bars(head on the back of seat), endo and half way through bar hop your legs over the bars, do a wheelie then jump up into a superman and jump back on the quad, stand up wheelie with one hand pointing back, and that's about all i can think of. i hope it makes sense:huh

CAMPRO
07-19-2003, 10:02 AM
oh aand i got one more idea its while your already in the wheelie stand on the grab bar and turn a 180 so your backs facing the bars A.K.A standing wheelie to switchback

How would you still hang on??? All I picture is the upper body facing forward, while you turn your lower body backwards, making your torso twist. If that's your vision as well, I've already seen Rizza do it. Only I came up with a slight variation to that trick.... we call it the tibby. You start in a stand-up wheelie. Bring your right foot over to the left peg, take your left foot off and stick it out, then look over your shoulder. It's in our movie.

CAMPRO
07-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by TC17
no footed one wheeled wheelie, bicycle endo into a 180, do a barhop wheelie sitting the other way, ride a wheelie in a 360 circle, one wheel stoppie and ride on one wheel in a 180, lay stomach down head facing the grab bar hands behind your back wheelie:huh, left handed saran wrap wheelie/endo, one wheel wheelie no footed can, heel clicker endo, lazy boy wheelie with feet over the bars(head on the back of seat), endo and half way through bar hop your legs over the bars, do a wheelie then jump up into a superman and jump back on the quad, stand up wheelie with one hand pointing back, and that's about all i can think of. i hope it makes sense:huh

Riiiiiiight! You first.

hessianmx111
07-19-2003, 10:04 AM
if you ever get the barhop stoppie when its at its peak and the stoppie is slowing downget on the bumper and jump back to the grab bar and wheelie out. prolly impossible though. maybe switchback then jump up to the bars in a back facing high chair never letting it down. i would call it the switch blade.:cool:

250x#93
07-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Damn theres some crazy **** to do if ya listen to these guys:eek2: I tried some stuff today but none of it worked to well:( But I'll keep on practicin;)

ZSK
07-19-2003, 03:17 PM

How about a true candy bar wheelie? Ride a wheelie while eating a candy bar:blah:

hessianmx111
07-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
How about a true candy bar wheelie? Ride a wheelie while eating a candy bar:blah:
i can drink a soft drink while riding a wheelie:huh

JLanphear
07-19-2003, 03:29 PM
WOW :eek2: ...tons of replies. I'm gonna weed through all of them and make a to do list....Was hoping to get to try some today but we got rained out after only like an hour or so.

Man, I know the FMX riders make a list and put it on their crossbar, but mine is going to be so long I'm gonna have to write it down the seat :blah: .

Really appreciate everything!!!

-Josh

Glow Plug
07-19-2003, 03:46 PM
what about (I kind'a ripped this off from dirt wheels but its cool) IF you can get some access to a 4x4 quad you take a two strap ( like the ones made out of nilon with that clicker thingy lol ) and you tighten it to the racks and then you site on the front racks and ride it in reverse?

JLanphear
07-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah I saw that on dirt wheels and then I saw the video of it on Fishers ATV Word. My Father has a 4x4, but it's a Polaris Sportsman 400 and I don't know if it has enough power to do that, but maybe we'll try one day.

good idea.

-Josh

Martin Blair
07-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you guys had any other wheelie tricks you could think of us to try. I think we all wanna do some never before seen stuff so I figured I'd get your opinions.

I'm not the most creative person in the world so your help is appreciated...Thanks for reading!!!!!

-Josh

How about 2 guys do wheelies side by side about 6 inches from each other, then they swap bikes some how and keep going with the wheelie on the other persons bike then switch back and stop.

nh300ex
07-19-2003, 06:59 PM
sorta like on ripleys when those two street bike guys switched bikes, only you could do it on a quad while doing a wheelie, lol

CAMPRO
07-20-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
How about 2 guys do wheelies side by side about 6 inches from each other, then they swap bikes some how and keep going with the wheelie on the other persons bike then switch back and stop.

Yeah!!! And while they're at it they could stop by OZ and say hi to all the Lumpa Lumpa's on their way to never never land with peter pan! Keep dreaming...

JLanphear
07-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Yeah!!! And while they're at it they could stop by OZ and say hi to all the Lumpa Lumpa's on their way to never never land with peter pan! Keep dreaming...

Yeah, switching with both quads in a wheelie would be reall hard, but it does bring up a good idea. Maybe if you had a nice long open space you could have one guy doing a wheelie, and another quad come along next to it with two people. The person on the back of that quad could try switching places with the wheelie rider. Sounds complicated though....

Never know I guess :p

theTman
07-20-2003, 05:50 AM
get a quad with 4wd and do a wheelie in reverse:devil:

250x#93
07-20-2003, 07:53 AM
( like the ones made out of nilon with that clicker thingy lol )

We call those Rachet Straps;) or tie downs

QuAdRaCeR244
07-21-2003, 06:23 AM
i think a penjelum(sp?:confused: ) would be cool:ermm:

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
i think a penjelum(sp?:confused: ) would be cool:ermm:
pendulum;)

JLanphear
07-21-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
pendulum;)

Okay, now that we know how to spell it, how do you do it???? I don't follow this stuff as well as I should. :(

-Josh

JabberJaw
07-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Let's see you ride a wheelie and juggle three baby grand piano's at the same time!

JLanphear
07-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Let's see you ride a wheelie and juggle three baby grand piano's at the same time!

LOL...that ones been done to death....I want something original ;)

CAMPRO
07-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Hey Phear.... is there anyway for you to alter that cancan wheelie of yours. I'm thinking that when you've got your legs up in the air off to the side, you could somehow pull the quad back further and kinda land in an apehanger. I know it's easier said than done, but worth a shot. Maybe even land in a superman wheelie like Dan was doing last fall. Just a thought. It might hurt though:confused2

-Andrew

flyin#5
07-21-2003, 09:55 AM
pull a wheelie and when you hit the balancing point try a 360 on your quad then land it when your front hits the ground...... probably really hard but hey its something to try right?

CAMPRO
07-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
pull a wheelie and when you hit the balancing point try a 360 on your quad then land it when your front hits the ground...... probably really hard but hey its something to try right?

I think I see your view of this one. It's kinda like a tazmanian spin on a streetbike. With the streetbike trick you have your legs over the windscreen and spin around on your butt sitting on the gas tank(a complete 360) so that when you swing back around you're facing the same direction you left from. The problem with doing that on a quad while NOT in a wheelie would be the slick seat cover. You'd probably fall off. Now trying it IN a wheelie would be twice as hard. I think that as soon as you let go, the quad would come down and you may fall off to the side. Very creative trick though.... I think you'll only see it on a PS2 game, not in a video!

07-21-2003, 10:28 AM
How about a regular sit down or stand up wheelie? :confused: I like them alot :cool: :macho

LERaptor660R
07-21-2003, 03:44 PM
How about somthing like this?

http://www.nrr.20m.com/images/stuntshow_017.jpg

QuAdRaCeR244
07-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Okay, now that we know how to spell it, how do you do it???? I don't follow this stuff as well as I should. :(

-Josh

It's like two can cans:ermm:

you do a can can just like you are doing then instead of getting back on the bike just throw another can can off the other side of the bike then get back on:confused2

JLanphear
07-22-2003, 03:33 AM
Hey Phear.... is there anyway for you to alter that cancan wheelie of yours. I'm thinking that when you've got your legs up in the air off to the side, you could somehow pull the quad back further and kinda land in an apehanger. I know it's easier said than done, but worth a shot. Maybe even land in a superman wheelie like Dan was doing last fall. Just a thought. It might hurt though:confused2

-Andrew

Hey Drew....that can be done...I know for sure cause I did the exact thing trying the kiss of death. Hurt like a mofo on the pavement though. The worse part is, Jay said he didn't get it on film and my woman missed it too. I landed in an apehangar and gassed it to ride away and it eventually caught and flipped over....really fun....not. Soooooooo, I'm gonna have to get brave to try and apehangar again.

It's like two can cans

you do a can can just like you are doing then instead of getting back on the bike just throw another can can off the other side of the bike then get back on

Wow, I really don't think I can do that. I barely have time for one....Your hangtime relies on how high you can jump, and when you are holding onto the bars it really hampers you from jumping higher....that is one thing that I don't think I could ever do.

How about somthing like this?

I tried that one too and ended up flipping over the front of the quad and skitching next to it...LOL....I think you really need a different bumper for that one because you have to actually hook your feet it cause when you gas it the quad just wants to throw you back behind it...which it successfully did to me. LOL. I might be able to do it with just one foot hooked into my stock bumper...we'll see.

Thanks guys!

-Josh

redrizza
07-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by sweet300ex

I do that 1 handed in any gear. There is a pic of it on our webpage and the same trick is in our video I believe.:D

JLanphear
07-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by redrizza
I do that 1 handed in any gear. There is a pic of it on our webpage and the same trick is in our video I believe.:D

Yep, pic is on the webpage (2002 stuntin)....not sure if it's the vid though....:confused:

CAMPRO
07-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Yep, pic is on the webpage (2002 stuntin)....not sure if it's the vid though....:confused:

You don't know???? Don't you ever watch the video you starred in??? It IS in there. I believe from mine and Jay's camera too!

JLanphear
07-22-2003, 06:58 AM
You don't know???? Don't you ever watch the video you starred in??? It IS in there. I believe from mine and Jay's camera too!

LOL, I've watched it about 300 times too....I'll watch it again since it's been a while since the last time.

redrizza
07-22-2003, 07:15 AM
I've probably only watched the video closely about 8 times... but total (showing friends) maybe 25 times. Every time I watch it, I'm like "GOD DAMN... I SUCK ***":confused: :confused2 :ermm:

CAMPRO
07-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by redrizza
Every time I watch it, I'm like "GOD DAMN... I SUCK ***":confused: :confused2 :ermm:

Yeah ya do.... got backflip???;)

MojaveKing
07-23-2003, 05:10 AM
movies?? for sale...in like magazines/catologs???

CAMPRO
07-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by MojaveKing
movies?? for sale...in like magazines/catologs???

Sorry bro, it's was underground only. I'm the editor of the film and will always have the master on mini DV, but doubtful that you'll ever see it on store shelves or mags. Maybe the next one.:rolleyes: