PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Duners help please

Baley69
07-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Tuesday I'm taking my gf to florence and I was wondering what would be the best spot between florence and spinreel that is the flatest. I took her one in florence one time and scared the hell out of her, there was no where she could really ride without staying in a 100ft by 100ft area. Thanks

jamiesel
07-17-2003, 09:02 PM
you could go to the south jetty of florence. If you go into the last parking lot (2nd one) and go over a small hill you will be in goose pasture. It is a huge flats.

Another option would be to go to winchester bay, last parking lot. Huge flats.

Beach is open at florence. That is really flat.

JOEX
07-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Florence has a huge flat area right outside of the access from Driftwood II camping area. It's about 150' wide by about 1 mile long maybe? You have to go throug about 1/4 mile whoops to get there though.
I don't know much about the day use areas though...

Another thought,
If you go to South Jetty, go to the beach and head south to Chapman's rd that will take you to the north end of the flats at Florence.
There should be maps at the staging areas. That is what i'm goiong by right now.

Joe

Baley69
07-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys well check it out.

Narly R
07-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Im soo fast i fly by the flat spots and dont even know it!:p j/k They ^ said most the good spots!;)

carlj75
07-19-2003, 09:34 AM
There is a day access parking lot just past the Driftwood camp ground. You can park there and ride a flat trail to the beach or the huge open area. Then when she builds up some confidence, she can start on the little trails south of the open area.

airheadedduner
07-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by jamiesel
you could go to the south jetty of florence. If you go into the last parking lot (2nd one) and go over a small hill you will be in goose pasture. It is a huge flats.

Another option would be to go to winchester bay, last parking lot. Huge flats.

Beach is open at florence. That is really flat.
That sounds like your best bet. Thats what we do when we take younger kids. Plus calmer people tend to go to goose pasture. The wilder ones go to showoff so that would probly be less intimidating for her.

Dextreme
07-22-2003, 06:25 AM
So how did she do Baley69? Did she grab some gears?

Baley69
07-23-2003, 05:59 PM
We just got back from spinreel, and to say the least, I was SHOCKED!!!! She tore it up big time. I'll post the pics when she gets them developed. Thanks again for the advise, but I really underestimated her.

Narly R
07-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Hey baley69 where do you live?:confused: