PDA

View Full Version : Jetting

01-17-2002, 04:11 PM
I need to re-jet after installing a pipe and silencer. The Honda dealer sold me a 150 and a 152 main. Doesnt that seem small?
My real problem though is that I have no clue where the jets are on the carb. I should have no problem once I find them. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

TRX250EXER
01-17-2002, 04:54 PM
You have to take the carb apart and the main jet is in middle. there is only like 3 or 4 screws holding the carb together and then it splits in half. You cant miss it. just screw the stock out and put the bigger one in. I think there are directions to this in the Ex Tech section. Or something on how to understand jetting. There is the pilot jet the needle jet and the Main jet. Read in there to see what each one does and where you need to make adjustments. IT might not be the main jet that you need to replace.
Why do you say you need to rejet? Where is it running poorly? Idle or mid to Full Throttle? What? Anyways jetting isnt as hard as I thought it would be. It is nice to have someone show you how the first time. I would recommend that.

01-17-2002, 04:57 PM
thanks, so should i take the carb completly off the bike to put in the new jet?

TRX250EXER
01-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Yup thats the way I was shown. Just undo the hoses and crap and take it apart. it wont take long. Thats the way I was shown anyways. If someone else knows of a way to take it apart by keeping it on then lets here it.
Oh yeah make sure you shut off the fuel and everything so you dont leak it all out!

TRX250EXER
01-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Go to the directiond for changing pilot jet. Its just down the list in this same forum. Its very detailed on how to do all this. He tells you how to take off the plastic and tank. But I dont think you have to take off the tank, at least not on the 250 maybe for yours though.

roostfrom250ex
01-17-2002, 05:17 PM
i got a 250 ex. to get to the main, i stood it up on the tail and used a stubby screwdriver to get the float bowl off. then you can get to the main jet, even on the trail.