PDA

View Full Version : Tc Porting

01-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Those who have had Him do there porting what does he charge and what other mods does he recomend with his porting and about how long did you wait to get it back
Thanks
Adam

chris29
01-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Well I got mine done but it was included in the whole package deal. If you are thinking about geting your motor built then these are the things he will recomend for you, JE piston, TC racing suppertrap pipe, 38mm lectron carb, hevey duty valves, harding rockers, hinson clutch, flywheel lightned, CDI rev, K&N filter, TC cam, I got the 416 kit and all that for about $1,500. If your taking your whole engine to get built expect it to be about a month or two. But if your doning just the head job then it shoud take a couple of weeks. I recommend it to anyone. Power out the a**

01-18-2002, 07:56 AM
But here's the kicker,,Tom will not recommend a port job on a stock motor and if your motor has been bored or modified and your still running the stock carb he won't recommend it either,,and that's from the horses mouth.. I called him about a month ago and had a lengthy talk with him and he said you will NOT notice any gain with a ported head running a stock carb..If you get bigger butt kicken carb then a port/polish is the way to go, and as for what type of port to get,,a full race port is gonna cost ya about $300,,or you could get a mild/play port for around $60 which is basically just a clean up of the ports.

Tom doesn't even port his national GNCC motors running stock carbs.