PDA

View Full Version : Don't do business with Jeff Spens/Bullett Machine in SLC

kgbg
07-17-2003, 07:55 AM
This guy is a crock, he is on drugs, he lies, he charges you for things he doesn't do, he takes your motor and wont call you back for 4 months. HE IS A LUNATICK. Tell everyone you know, I would hate for any one to go through what I did (still am). He got my motor and money in Dec of 02, I still don't have a working engine.

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:00 AM
why did you give your motor to a guy on drugs to begin with:huh

you can readily tell a person that is on drugs verses a person that's not :confused:

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Doon't be an a hole. I don't say things I don't know for sure. Obviously I didn't know he was on drugs when I gave him my motor. I am just trying to help people, I don' t need your crap.
Dumb *****

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:09 AM
oh settle down ya panty waste

it was a legit question i never bashed ya just asked a simple question cause you said the guy was on drugs i mean come on ask bradly we met this guy at rolling thunder and right away we knew he was on drugs

:p

Pappy
07-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Doon't be an a hole. I don't say things I don't know for sure. Obviously I didn't know he was on drugs when I gave him my motor. I am just trying to help people, I don' t need your crap.
Dumb *****

hahaha he aint the one missing cash and an engine now is he:confused2

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:12 AM
I always thought this site was full of 16 year olds acting like 12 year olds. I know now for sure.
You too Pappy. You would think someone who uses this site to promite their work would show concern for a member.

MOFO
07-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Dumb *****

I want to know what kind of drugs he is on? Obvisiously pretty good ones to screw up this bad. Where is he located?

Pappy
07-17-2003, 08:15 AM
I always thought this site was full of 16 year olds acting like 12 year olds. I know now for sure.
You too Pappy. You would think someone who uses this site to promite their work would show concern for a member.

i think if you would explain what happened and let us know the details it would help alot. basically what you have committed is "liable" against this individual. its kinda like slander except it deals with written form. i feel for ya dude....but making the claims you have id say back it up or shut it up. i hate to see anyone get taken......and i surely wouldnt want to see an honest company trashed either. ( i have no clue who this company is btw)

MOFO
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM

Why dont you provide some meaningful information rather than your CHILDISH ramble about drugs and crap. What exactly did he do? when did he do it? What are you having him do for you? Where is he located? What legal avenues have you persued? What is his answer to this?

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:18 AM
now if anybody is acting like a 12 y/o you have defined it pretty well with both your first post and even better in your second one how bout if you describe your situation more like an adult rather than a 12 y/o girl that just ran to her mom ranting and raving that sara stole her dolly then maybe we will listen until then grow up :rolleyes:

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:30 AM
OK here you go. I gave him my motor in Dec 3 o2, I gave him 80% of the cash up front (his request).I was getting :440, welded head, porting , polishing, bigger valves, carillo rod, hardened rocker arms, cam, valve springs, cluth springs and plates, and labor to put it together. He told me it would be done in 4-5 weeks. January comes and he won't return my calls until I stake his butt out and find him at his house in March. I plan to take my crap cut my losses and go elsewhere, but he has my head at so and so machine shop, my cylinder at xyz's place. I finally get the motor back for easter, take it out and it won't run right, my stocker had more power. I but a carb from Curtis Sparks, put it on, it starts to run better, then I blow head gasket. I take it to him ( I don't know why, I just did). He tells me that one valve is bad and needs to surface the head and cyl. I pay for that, and he takes 4 weeks to get it done, no calling me back ect. I get it back and as soon as I get her going the clutch goes out ( I just PAID for a new one). I replace it at my own cost ans labor, it took out my inner hub too.I get that together and start it up and the same valve I paid him to replace breaks off and ruins my piston, cyl, and head. I decide to give it back to him to fix (for $100) and if he screws me around , I will just buy a new motor. He tells me he has parts ans come over tomorrow and we will reinstall top end. this was a week ago. So I decide to call the shop he claims to buy the parts from. they say that he can't show face there ever again , sisnce he bounced checks for a bunch of 400ex stuff in feburary (my stuff he was supposed to buy in Dec.). I go over to his shop, trying to get my top end back, he is nowhere to be found, no phone calls, ect. I get into his shop, witht he help of his old man, I get my head. I take it to the shop, I have stock valves, stock springs, ect. I sart calling around to get it fixed, asking shops if they know this guy. EVERY SHOP I CALL SAYS THE SAME THING: he used to work out of here, he screwed us for this much cash, I'll kick his ***** if I see him. He was good wrench until he got on drugs...I still can't find him, can't get my parts. I want nothing from him but my parts and he won't even return a call or anything.
that was not lible not "liable"

SlapNutz
07-17-2003, 08:32 AM
This guy is a crock, he is on drugs, he lies, he charges you for things he doesn't do, he takes your motor and wont call you back for 4 months. HE IS A LUNATICK. Tell everyone you know, I would hate for any one to go through what I did (still am). He got my motor and money in Dec of 02, I still don't have a working engine.

letts kikk thats crocke, / i thikn i sawe him at hatfeeld creak laste weecend:mad: :mad:

Pappy
07-17-2003, 08:32 AM
much better explaination:D sucks to be you...id say grab this jakkazz by the short hairs and rubb a butt on him for all the BS:macho

sickmojave
07-17-2003, 08:36 AM
where are you:confused:

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Salt Lake City Utah

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:40 AM
thank you for the more mature explantion, now i can show you pitty, cause that really sucks you should've stoped goin to him after the first incident cause it sounds like you just kept getting deeper and deeper, have you tried legal action yet, that should always come before illegal action if need be

this is a good reason why you should always get references before handing your motor and money over to anybody

sorry for you bad luck :(

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Thansk , I had references, I know many people with his work. He does great work unless he is on drugs. He just got messsed up on drugs when he got into my motor. Legal action will come, first I will get my motor fixed.

Chef
07-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Ok. So after he gave you the run around 3 or 4 times, you still took your motor back to him? Thats not too smart, to say the least. Why does your sig say both of your bikes are LRD? I guess I just dont really get it.

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:45 AM
i would seek legal action first cause it sounds like everytime this dude touches your motor he ****s somthing else up if i was in your place i would say **** him and get my loses back in a legal manner and find me a different engine builder

Pappy
07-17-2003, 08:46 AM
. He does great work unless he is on drugs.

go get him smoked up on greene smockes and roll his ***:devil:

monkeyboy
07-17-2003, 08:48 AM
can dis motor mekanik git me sum goood smocks:confused:

kgbg
07-17-2003, 08:51 AM
what you all don't undersatnd, is that his work was " warrantied". I took it back to him because I didn't want to pay a bunch of cash for work that I should be getting free. The first time , the head gasket and valve was really the only time I took it back to him. I got that back rather quick (consdering his schedule). He is not working on it now. I just took the parts to him to show him, he said he would fix it for $100 as opposed to $700 at a shop ( I have to buy a new head since he welded it up). I told him he has a week and then I want it back. Well now, the rest of my motor is at different shop, I just need my other parts back from him. He is dodging me, because he knows I am on to him. I will just buy a new motor and sue his ***.

UglyMotha™
07-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
can dis motor mekanik git me sum goood smocks:confused:

oh ya

http://www.daweedking.com/giantjoint6.jpg

07-18-2003, 03:40 AM
LMGDAO nice pic. I think u should seek legal action first before u get a new engine. Sue him for money and a new engine! that's my .02

kgbg
07-18-2003, 06:03 AM
problem is he has no monet or no "real" job, that they could garnish wages from. So I am up the creek with no paddle

rhandw69
07-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Or up the creek with no motor!!

Actually what can happen is whether he has a job or not, surely he has to have some assetts. For a business he would need to have insurance as well. A state appointed or even a private attorney will know the legalities around that. In many cases it can be a judge directed payment or jail time. Or what assetts he has can be sold by the state and reimbursed back to you. Depends on what state you are from.

Bender
07-18-2003, 07:40 PM
I would take it as a lesson learned. Do some more research, go with a company with a good rep..Sparks, Profab, etc.. It sucks I know, I've been screwed before, as many have. If you're the type of guy I am. Wait a long time. Then give him a little pay back somehow.It wont get your motor back, but you'll feel better about it, trust me. don't waste more money trying to take this garbage to court. Even if they rule in your favor, the scumbag would probably work under the table, not ever giving you a cent back anyways. Steal, stab,burn, destroy, what ever it takes.

BigThumper33
07-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Whatever happened to a good old *** kickin?

Obviously they could auction off all his tools and such to gain the money you could possibly win in court. I mean, he is a mechanic right? He'll have a lot of money in tools.

No matter how it turns out, you get completely screwed, or you sue and win back your losses, I would find him and take back your losses with kicks and punches. A bat to the back of the head in a parking lot would do nicely :devil:

kgbg
07-21-2003, 07:22 AM
it sounds fun to beat his ***. But my 4 wheeler is not worth going to jail over. Because he would be int he hospital if I got started.
It got better over the weekend.
I got my parts back and took them to the shop that does all the machine work here in town.
He charged me for a megacylce cam, hard weld rockers, ti valves, sleve and 440 kit.
I got a; Hot Cam, sotck rockers, stock vlaves, stock sleve with a .040 piston.
He will pay, once its back together I will take him to court. It might only get me some satisfaction, but it will be worth it.