PDA

View Full Version : pleaseeee help...blaster wont idle

400exbiggun
07-17-2003, 05:04 AM
here, read this and please help, someone is comming to look at it on sat and i need it to idle.
click on the link

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24878

Flyin#3-1/2
07-17-2003, 08:01 AM
mine is doing that too now.... after riding in extreme heat it doesnt idle at all and sometimes it will just stop running on me.... got to love blasters:rolleyes:

400exbiggun
07-17-2003, 08:19 AM
now i am not even riding it, i let it sit overnight, and it still wont idle, i like blasters, i am gona miss it, with some elkas this would RIPPPPP, i actually fly faster and farther on the blaster than the ex, but i got someone comming sat, ho i will hopefull have it idleing, it runs though:D :(

LTandRaptorider
07-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Well, it's been a long time since I had a blaster. I had an 89, back in 89... Are you running the stock carb? I'm not sure of main jet sizes, I'm thinking I had a 260 jet in mine. If you have no power, usually indicates a rich condition. However the main only comes into use about 3/4 throttle to WOT. Your jet needle diameter will affect idle, and pilot jet to a degree affects the idle. I'd suggest going back to stock jetting, if you are running the stock carb, with the air box lid on and see what you get. I don't know what pilot jet you're running, but if you have the air mixture screw turned out more than 2.5 turns, you need to drop down on the pilot. As to your cylinder head, you could put some Permatex copper seal on the gasket and reuse it; but it's not recommended. Anytime you put the cylinder or cylinder head back on, you need to re-torque it after an hour or two of riding.

Hope this helps, good luck! :)

400exbiggun
07-17-2003, 11:07 AM
yup, just got it to idle. I could not go back to stock jetting, considering the mods that i have, it would be EXTREMELY lean. the loss of power was cause the head was not tight, i pulled the carb and there was some dirt in there, cleaned that and put it all baack, and it worked. now it runs like it should, wheelies when ya tap the trottle