PDA

View Full Version : tire leaking

wscotthougland
07-17-2003, 04:02 AM
I bought a set of front razrs for my quad and can't get one of them to seal on the bead (stock wheel, not bent). I have had it at the tire shop twice and when I leave its fine. A couple of days later, its flat:mad:. I fill it up and throw it in the pool and can see the bubble coming out around the bead, less than 2 hrs later it flat agian:confused: . I even had them throw it in the tank before I left last time and there wern't any leaks.

Does anyone have any ideas or tricks I can use?

Thanks, Scott

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-17-2003, 04:26 AM
i have heard of older folks spraying starting fluid inside the tire then throwing a lit match in side the tire to set the bead im not sure if it works or not but my grandpa use to do it on tractors

nky400
07-17-2003, 05:38 AM
I had the same problem w/ a set of Blackwaters on ITP wheels. One seated fine, one leaked at the bead. I had it at three different tire shops and no one could get it to seat. I finally wound up buying that green Tire Slime. I put in in the tire and put a little on the outside of the bead w/ my finger. I haven't had a leak in over 4 months. It seems to work pretty well, try it if you want.

400EXRIDER
07-17-2003, 08:59 AM
yea JIms right try it with the match and startin fluid it works the best way

L.Vegas400
07-17-2003, 07:02 PM
have them put some sealant around the bead before they seat it next time. this should fix your problem.

and if youve never done the starter fluid thing,,,,dont,,,, this is very dangerous and can cause serious injury. if you must do it, you need very little fluid(like about as fast as you can push the button and let off!!)