PDA

View Full Version : street legal quads in ky

Diedrich
07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
i was wondering if you could make a quad street legal in kentucky? i know you can in sum states but i dont know about ky and was wondering. if so what all has to be done?

Striker49
07-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Diedrich
i was wondering if you could make a quad street legal in kentucky? i know you can in sum states but i dont know about ky and was wondering. if so what all has to be done?

As far as I know it can. Just go talk to your county DOT advisor...or whatever the hell they are called. Just go to the court house and ask who you need to talk to about making an ATV road legal.
I think the only things you need is DOT approved road tires, a mirror, turn signals, a brake light (not just a plain red light), a speedometer or some kind (ive heard the Trail Techs are good), and 2 front head lights with low/high beams...which a 400 comes with.
You'll also need to gear a little higher for road purposes, that way youre not riding the rev limiter going down the interstate.

Hope that helps ya out dude. :cool:

knighttime
07-17-2003, 07:13 AM

move to West Virginia, if it has wheels it's street legal there.:eek2:

MOFO
07-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
move to West Virginia, if it has wheels it's street legal there.:eek2:

...and a H/M trail pass, then you can roam the whole damn state.. :eek:

Diedrich
07-22-2003, 08:09 PM
thanks guys..if u have anymore info please post

CowsBitePeople
07-22-2003, 11:00 PM
This should be a most frequently question but with all the states and someone should find out in every state what the laws on it is and it should be one big thread there jmo what u think of that??

Diedrich
07-23-2003, 07:27 AM
yeah that sounds good man..u should be the one to do it to..lol..naw i just wanna know if u can in ky..if u can then i will take the time out one day to go out to the court house and ask what has to be done

Striker49
07-23-2003, 08:13 AM
yeah that sounds good man..u should be the one to do it to..lol..naw i just wanna know if u can in ky..if u can then i will take the time out one day to go out to the court house and ask what has to be done

I dont see why it cant be with the proper accessories. It has 4 wheels and a motor, just like a vehicle does. :macho

chucked
07-23-2003, 08:49 AM
www.streetlegalatv.com

Diedrich
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
yeah i mean they should be easy to make street legal. i also use it on the farm alot so maybe it gives me a better chance on making it street legal