PDA

View Full Version : New bearings

ktMan
07-16-2003, 04:51 AM
i have to put new bearing in the rear of my 300ex. the rear wheel bearings were shot big time, when the wheeler was lifted up i could move the axle back and forth a fair amount, i got the new ones ordered but i dont know how to put them in or take apart the back end to get them in, it cost me like 80 dollars for the new ones ,any help would be appreciated

ktMan
07-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by trxman
i have to put new bearing in the rear of my 300ex. the rear wheel bearings were shot big time, when the wheeler was lifted up i could move the axle back and forth a fair amount, i got the new ones ordered but i dont know how to put them in or take apart the back end to get them in, it cost me like 80 dollars for the new ones ,any help would be appreciated and please dont say this needs to be in another spot cause in the other topics noone really answers in those ones. PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS THREAD

Pappy
07-16-2003, 04:57 AM
buy yourself a manual for the quad and it will explain in detail how to do this. $80 for bearings? a whole new carrier with bearings is available for $120:ermm:

ktMan
07-16-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
buy yourself a manual for the quad and it will explain in detail how to do this. $80 for bearings? a whole new carrier with bearings is available for $120:ermm: i knew someone would say that but these are all canadian prces i dont know how much of a difference it is but .......

Pappy
07-16-2003, 05:22 AM
sorry bout thta...i didnt factor in the exchange rate:scary:

seriously tho....a good manual will pay for itself and they are pretty detailed. im sure someone could possibly talk you thru it but you could damn near do the job in the time a post that would be truly helpful would develop:ermm:

ktMan
07-16-2003, 05:56 AM
ok i might have to do so in buying a manual.. thanks guys