PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clutch question.

RIDER11X
07-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok, we all know that 400ex clutches in stock form is the weaklink in the drive train. I am occasionally getting a bit of clutch chatter and would like some insight to this problem.

I am running 15/36 gearing with 20" Holeshot XC's which is higher than most people run, especially since I weigh in at 270lb., but the screaming fast top end is sweet. Does the high gearing strain cause this? I also run Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil without any problems till now. When it happens is after alot of climbing hills, and I mostly only clutch to shift.

What is your opinion?:confused:

RIDER11X
07-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Ok, we all know that 400ex clutches in stock form is the weaklink in the drive train. I am occasionally getting a bit of clutch chatter and would like some insight to this problem.

I am running 15/36 gearing with 20" Holeshot XC's which is higher than most people run, especially since I weigh in at 270lb., but the screaming fast top end is sweet. Does the high gearing strain cause this? I also run Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil without any problems till now. When it happens is after alot of climbing hills, and I mostly only clutch to shift.

What is your opinion?:confused:

RIDER11X
07-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Bump:(

flyin#5
07-16-2003, 05:16 AM
your gearing is most likely pretty hard on the clutch and if i were you and there was a noise from the clutch and i was running that gearing i would get an aftermarket clutch kit.

RIDER11X
07-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Nevermind, found problem! Thought originally the axle bearing seized, but overlooked a problem that Crazy Honda spotted......................Skidplate smashed firmly against the rotor!:eek: Guess I got in a hurry!:confused2 Oh well easy fix!