PDA

View Full Version : computer guru's in here

MOUSE
07-15-2003, 03:44 PM
ok my wife has to start working from home and brought home a program that lets here dial in to the system where she works. i have got it installed but am stuck at the connection setup. its asking to setup a modem and define a com port, sellect a mode (magic, vt100, or visual 50) and give a port speed.\

i have no clue how to do this. but ill give a little background of my computer so maybe yall can help

os= windows xp
dsl modem with an ethernet connection

so give me some ideas please i got to get her to work our money tree dried up and died :devil:

hondafox440
07-15-2003, 03:48 PM
You would need to get the info about mode/port speed from the company that she works at. Those are serverside settings I believe. For com port, was there any special thing you needed to plug into the computer along with this program? Com ports are those big 32 pin I/O ports on the back of your comp.

MOUSE
07-15-2003, 04:01 PM
no thee was nothing that came with this to plug into the puter and i cant seem to take a screen shot to show you the screen that im at. it is asking to get the com port for my computer, but im not sure that its going to work because i dont use the dialup modem any more i have an external dsl modem run through a ethernet card :huh

MOUSE
07-15-2003, 04:02 PM
also its not dialing an ip address its got in the instructions to put in a regular phone # ive never run into anything like that before:confused2

hondafox440
07-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Me neither.. Sorry. Maybe p@inneck can help, he knows what hes doing when it comes to computers.

MOUSE
07-16-2003, 12:34 AM
:bandit:

p@iNn3ck
07-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by MOUSE
ok my wife has to start working from home and brought home a program that lets here dial in to the system where she works. i have got it installed but am stuck at the connection setup. its asking to setup a modem and define a com port, sellect a mode (magic, vt100, or visual 50) and give a port speed.\

i have no clue how to do this. but ill give a little background of my computer so maybe yall can help

os= windows xp
dsl modem with an ethernet connection

so give me some ideas please i got to get her to work our money tree dried up and died :devil:

It sounds as though this is a procomm type app to connect to a machine on her company network? Do you have any info on the tye of machine u are trying to get to?
This connection would have to be made over a modem, not your broadband connection to the internet (unless they have a vpn set up).