PDA

View Full Version : POS Maier tether kill switch!

flyin#5
07-15-2003, 09:56 AM
ok i raced 2 weekends ago and i hit this double and my back end hit and my kill switch came out and i didntk know it.... well my quad was acting up so i went back to the pits and found my kill switch was off (dumb thing but i just got it and the machine was still running... kind of) well i put that back in and ever since it hasnt worked. well my wires came undone then when i got it home i rewired it up and now..... nothing the thing does jack *****!!!!!:grr: :mad: :scary: what is wrong? im pretty sure its in the switch but come on my friends have had the same problems with thiers, its rediculus that a company cant make a quality product..... especially one that is so simple. so can anyone help me out? i mean should i take it apart or say heck with it and bring it back for a new one? i was going to take my ignition off but not i cant do that cuz i dont have a way to turn it off:grr:

EvilJester400EX
07-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Do what I did. Get rid of the Maier, spend the extra money for a Pro Design. In a race, if the Maier comes off it takes a pretty long time to get it back on right, with the Pro Design.. just pull somethin out and pop it back on, a 2 second process.

flyin#5
07-15-2003, 10:45 AM
ahh... i took it apart it works now.... yeah i want to get a pro design but right now i have better things to spend the money on.

Juggalo
07-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
ahh... i took it apart it works now.... yeah i want to get a pro design but right now i have better things to spend the money on.

like what?

EvilJester400EX
07-16-2003, 03:02 AM
Better things to spend than a killswitch?

flyin#5
07-16-2003, 04:47 AM
i have a kill switch.... just a crappy one but it works (sometimes:rolleyes: ) and i need to spend every penny i have to get a new pipe.