PDA

View Full Version : FDO 426 kit

Martin Blair
07-14-2003, 07:13 PM
FDO 426 kit what do you think comes with a je piston at 13.1 but can you get it at 11.1?

It also comes with a cam and head proting with all topend labor http://www.masondixonracing.com/customer/product.php?productid=16182&cat=253&page=1

theres the link is it worth it?

does FDO have a # you can call and talk to them at?

abcracing
07-15-2003, 05:56 AM
FDO # is 740-967-1078 talk to mike he is the one who does all the engine building. he is there after 6pm ohio time.later BILL

07-15-2003, 12:42 PM
I have ran two different 426's from there a mild one and a full out 426. both were very nice. for that price the mild 426 is one heck of a bang for you buck.

slosh13
07-19-2003, 07:42 AM
How much power do you get from the 426 "mild kit" and how does that one compare to the 426 full kit? IS it very much more money and what all do you get with the full race kit?

Dirt
07-19-2003, 07:57 AM
So the Kit includes one $100 piston kit, $130 cam, $20 gaskets, and they do a $30 bore and clean up the head say $75 for $625 plus the shipping that you pay and you still have to diss/assemble yourself? Hmm:confused:

Dirt
07-19-2003, 07:59 AM
I would give C&D a call...

pnut420
07-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Dirt
So the Kit includes one $100 piston kit, $130 cam, $20 gaskets, and they do a $30 bore and clean up the head say $75 for $625 plus the shipping that you pay and you still have to diss/assemble yourself? Hmm:confused:

A 13:1 piston kit is $140, mild head port $250, $140 cam, $20 gaskets, $60 is usual for boring, so that around $600 dollars.

bmw500hp
07-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Dirt

Ok lets look this one over fairly before drawing concusion...

If you really want to resource, register your business and become a dealer with Wiseco, get your piston at cost, then buy your webcam from a bud who is a dealer, after that get your bud to bore on his lunchbreak for free, then grab your gaskets at the lowest price you can find. Finally, talk a reputable engine builder into porting in trade from for that mountain bike you no longer want.......this is street recourcing! If it's your game!

In the end have you saved $$$, YES, was it alot of work, CERTAINLY. Is everyone capable willing to do this (HELL NO)!
Can you fall back on these guys if something goes wrong..yeah right!

The concept of a same day swap has it's benifits. In effect it's the same primary concept multiple industries have based on forever. When other issues are more important than the bottom dollar, it may well be the way to go. Also keep in mind, if you live in a "smorgasbord" of builders or local options, thats great. There are those that do not have that luxury.

Last but not least, Haydug acts as an extension of FDO racing. Offering testamonial and more than likely handling other issues.

Will it work in the end? That depends on customer awareness and perception of FDO racing? Seems like Mike at FDO is a very well respected engine builder. His customers, although not as many as tc or sparks, have amazing loyalty!

If FDO had a swap for my 2001 motor for a ready to go 440 stroker! I would be temped to platicize every freakin day!

I give Haydug and FDO a thumbs up! and Good Luck!

Dirt
07-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Yes I did undershoot those prices that I stated, not trying in any way to put down FDO. The way the add reads or seems to read to me is that they basically just send you the parts and a bored cylinder and cleaned-up head with cam bolted in for a decent chunk of cash. But I guess It could be a much easier, and safer way to obtain an engine "Kit". Unless you really want 13.1, I would not settle for it.

bmw500hp
07-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Cool dirt, thanks for the respectful resoponse. My post began with your quote but really wasn't to focus or flame your opinion.

Your original post is a very true statement and prob percieved by others in that way. :)

After reviewing the ad closely as to what was offered. Haydug might be wise to describe the "what ya get" in a little more detail.