PDA

View Full Version : 4-11 on the quiksilver carb

ridered448
07-14-2003, 05:43 PM
ok ive heard mixed reviews of this carb, sounds cool, do they show good gains? im looking for a good carb in teh woods, and also some motorcross, oh i also heard bout the thumb throttle being to tough to apply? any fixes for that, and are they easy to dial in..

Big - D Racing
07-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Great carb, I have had the twist and the thumb both pull easy. I have heard of one person on this site having a tough problem with pull of the thumb, and it had something to do with the return spring on the carb I believe. I have had it dynoed and the regular version added 3 solid horsepower on my 440 and then I switched to the Doug Eichner version and it added almost 5hp, i believe it was like 4.6 to be exact, it beat the fcr39 in all pm ranges. Don't get the Doug Eichner version though unless your engine is fully built, or else it will hurt you more than help you. The regular version I had when my bike was stock and it added a lot of power, although it neer got dynoed but it felt like more power than my pro circuit pipe. I say gt, just shop around because you can find one brand new from as low as $340 to as high as $480. If you have a stock or mildly modified get the regular version and then you upgrade for like $60 to the Eichner version when your bike has a lot of work. I don't care what anyone says about being hard to dial in, I have one and they are a lot easier to dial in than a standard carb with jets.

Natertot426ex
07-15-2003, 04:51 AM
I have one and I love it as well. I bought mine at partsunlimited.com for $380. Jetting is very easy and It gave me a big power boost.

ridered448
07-15-2003, 04:36 PM
yawl thanks very big help!