PDA

View Full Version : TOYOTA in NASCAR?!?!?!

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 03:47 PM
what you guys think letting toyota join the truck series?
soon they'll be in winston cup!
I dont like haveing a forign company be involved in nascar i think its a full american sport and it should stay that.....people dont care about history all they want is to line their pockets.....
but dodge is owned by diamler chyrsler and thats german so it already does have some forign influence!
keep it american manufactuers and thats it!

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:49 PM
yup they are havin the tundra model join the NASCAR truck stuff.....my truck is just so bad arse.... they had to let them join cuz its so sexy

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:51 PM
oh yeah for your info.....i see MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AS AN AMERICAN SPORT AND I SEE TONS OF PPL THAT ARENT AMERICAN PLAY IT............. so you know what..... who cares if yota joins NASCAR?! It makes for more competition... it gives things CHANGE.... I dont have problems with "All american" stuff and havin other races and cultures join it also...... it should not matter if the car was made in Mars or not.... if it can race, let it race.... or is everyone scared the imports would beat out all the "all american" chit

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
lol, oh man this thread is gonna get good... why don't they let mitsubishi in on it too? i got a mitsubishi mighty max that would light up the track for sure...

bradley300
07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
umm..... guess what, toyota is an american company, has been since 1995.

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
they are stock cars(all the same for the most part! except manufactuar) it isnt riced out i would be a camery in winston cup.....sorry but i am all for competion but they have it in le mans and indy and the daytona 500 is the ameriacan race not the japanese race sorry but thats my view!

Originally posted by bradley300
umm..... guess what, toyota is an american company, has been since 1995.

it is not american owned and the only reason 70% of the toyotas made now are american part the only reason american parts is because its left hand steering wheel!

TheRedRebel17
07-14-2003, 03:57 PM
nice front end K2

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by goin2shock
they are stock cars(all the same for the most part! except manufactuar) it isnt riced out i would be a camery in winston cup.....sorry but i am all for competion but they have it in le mans and indy and the daytona 500 is the ameriacan race not the japanese race sorry but thats my view!

oh well i guess your view didnt have much of an impact on NASCAR now did it

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:02 PM
but if they do i know alot of people like me will stop watching nascar....its just me like i said they are for making money not keeping tradition!

Tommy 17
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM
o yeah kara TOYOTA ALL THE WAY LMFAOOO

i hate my truck what a pos!!! but its good for a 16 year old... just slow with its v6

4wheelboy
07-14-2003, 04:04 PM
i think they should yotas r bad arse an they would give a little new competion to the sport. totas r eseacily bad arse wen lifted:devil: :blah:

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 04:05 PM
but if they do i know alot of people like me will stop watching nascar....its just me like i said they are for making money not keeping tradition!

then there will be more seats available to the ppl who can accept change in a sport

310Rduner
07-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I think for some people in particular... like diehard redneck people.. the last thing they thought they had to themselves was good ole nascar.. but if the others can join it as well, then it probably has them freaked out, just like when tiger woods started playin pro golf.

I Live in California, so i have already faced the fact that, This is not a we were here first anymore country.:ermm:

Everyone who is out there in the world just about already has some people here, and i dont expect to see em lockin down the borders anymore.. it just hasnt hit some of the people backeast.. states like alabahma, arkansas, Norff Caroliinaa.. lmao just messin with you guys on the states tharr.:blah:

But yeah, i realize half you guys are all backeast, and unless you also live in the melting pot type states, you just haven't realized how many other nations really are here already... and i dont think any of them will STOP coming anytime soon..

There whole cities here where you can drive through and tell it is all oriental, vietnamese, or whatever..

I can understand why they stay away from the east... you guys scare em too much i think.. haha..

Oh.. alot of times i think to myself that im the little white boy minority.. which is pretty true almost.. lol

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
nice front end K2

Thanks bro, little fender bender while I was playing out in the mud. I actually fixed it yesterday. Finally got the new fender and marker light in, painted it, and installed. Looks like new now :)

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
glad i am not a redneck!
just a american that enjoys american things but hey i like chinese food and mexican those mexican know how to COOK!
but i like american workmanship and american pride sorry if you guys cant accept american tradtition for what it is!

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
this was before the fix

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
then i hope u have a cannondale quad then.....cuz its the american made quad....... :confused2 :confused2

310Rduner
07-14-2003, 04:13 PM
glad i am not a redneck!
just a american that enjoys american things but hey i like chinese food and mexican those mexican know how to COOK!
but i like american workmanship and american pride sorry if you guys cant accept american tradtition for what it is!

Nascar has nothing to do with american tradition.. wtf??

its a sport, and chances are it will be driven by a white guy, so you can still be happy..

By now Toyotas have hardly an ounce of import in them.. seems to me that they are built here.. in american factories.. sold to american citizens..

aren't their plants and headquarters all mid-west??

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
then i hope u have a cannondale quad then.....cuz its the american made quad....... :confused2 :confused2

lmao!

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:14 PM
well i admit quads are my downfall gotta take them from the japs......but hey made in america so its all good!

310Rduner
07-14-2003, 04:15 PM
and who really gives a crap.. they arent Ricers..

i could care less about import as long as it isnt rice... seems to me your driving a japanese vehicle.. and its an import.. so i think you should'nt race it anymore..

give me a break:rolleyes:

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:16 PM

it is not american owned and the only reason 70% of the toyotas made now are american parts the only reason american parts is because its left hand steering wheel!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 310Rduner

its a sport, and chances are it will be driven by a white guy, so you can still be happy..

By now Toyotas have hardly an ounce of import in them.. seems to me that they are built here.. in american factories.. sold to american citizens..

aren't their plants and headquarters all mid-west?? [/QUOTE

70% of the camery is american i am saying the money most likey wont be put back into american hands......

310Rduner
07-14-2003, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 310Rduner

aren't their plants and headquarters all mid-west?? [/QUOTE

70% of the camery is american i am saying the money most likey wont be put back into american hands......

Funny??? I always thought those people were working for money.. guess i was wrong all this time:rolleyes:

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:19 PM
yea but you know 60% of the money from american sales of toyotas are going back to JAPAN!

definatly going to americans YEAH!

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Who the **** cares? It's got 4 wheels and a motor, who cares where the **** it was made? Didn't know half the people on this board were a bunch of nationalists, d@mn.

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:21 PM
i think most are not its only me! lol

Chef
07-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Dont worry about Toyota bein in the Truck Series guys. None of this truck will be truly Toyota. Maybe 5% of the motor, but the rest will be aftermarket from the teams engine people. The body will have a Toyota emblem and say Toyota on it, and have the headlights stickered on, but the chassis will be built by the team owners shop guys, whoever that may be. Everything on it will be american, from the metal body to the valve covers.

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
and it'll be running a american V8 i know but once one is in all will want in!

310Rduner
07-14-2003, 04:24 PM
i think most are not its only me! lol

haha..:blah:

i can imagine where your coming from sorta, but i've always been raised in california.. and i guarantee you, i see more people FOB in a single day than you will see in your life in the redneck states.. lol i mean redneck states in the nicest way....;) :p

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 04:40 PM
redneck states....aka southern states i like in maryland i dont see how thats redneck?

4wheelboy
07-14-2003, 04:54 PM
dude u can be redneck in any state;)

crazybuffalo
07-14-2003, 05:27 PM
umm..... guess what, toyota is an american company, has been since 1995. yeah they protested it but since they are now based in america they didnt really have any excuse not to.

hondafox440
07-14-2003, 05:36 PM
I don't give a rat's *** about that non-athletic sport centered around rednecks. If Toyota wants to race, let em' its a free country.