PDA

View Full Version : Race in southern IN.

howboutchaw
07-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Just trying to get the word out!
motorheadpark.com

Located in Spencer County, IN
Next MX Race: July 19th
Registration begins at noon
Practice at 1:00 and race at 2:00
(sign up till race begins)

Evan400ex
07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
I am racing up there this weekend too! It will be my first race ever though. I think they only have like two classes for quads,...2 stroke and 4 stroke. They don't have a b c d classes, so I hope that I don't get lapped!!!!

07-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Good luck guys...I was hoping it come up there and race. Very fast track but no big jumps so fatique is the major issue with that track.. I'd go but the ole ladies makin me take her to the lake for the weekend, so no racin for me..:(

Make sure to get some pics to post..:)

Evan400ex
07-16-2003, 04:15 PM
howboutchaw- Have you raced at Motorhead before? I was wondering if there is any novice riders that race out there. This will be my first race so I am just curious about how stiff the competition will be.

howboutchaw
07-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Evan400ex

This is a great place to start racing! It's where I ran my first one. The track is very safe by mx standers. As for as how stiff the competition will be, well I am not sure. All depends on the turn out. For some reason there’s usually a lot of nice 250r's there. I race #00 400ex If you have any questions about the track, just ask.
Chris just put in two new doubles, and set up a sprinkler system.
We have all been trying to get the word out about the water, this really is a huge improvement. I would go early to get some practice laps in. Turn out has been low but I hope the track improvements will help.

howboutchaw
07-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Evan400ex
Oh yea I forgot to say,
I just started racing two mouths ago.
So there will be novice riders there.

Evan400ex
07-17-2003, 02:19 AM
I went up there about a week and half ago for the first time. Very fast track! Like you said, the track is very safe from mx standards. The jumps are very forgiving. I think that is what I like so much about the track. See you at the races.:macho

jcsact
07-17-2003, 06:06 AM
Get some pics if you can. :D

I have been thinking about going to practice up there some evening just to see what it is like.

How whould you compare it to Quad City?

Evan400ex
07-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Actually I have never been to Quad City so I couldn't compare it with Motorhead. I will take some pics of the track and I will post them probably next week. Go to his website www.motorheadpark.com

jcsact
07-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Wel be sure to post them. I have been to there site but they really don't have any good pics of the track. Thank in advance

howboutchaw
07-17-2003, 02:07 PM
jcsact

Went to motorhead tonight to put some laps on,
but the track was closed because water line broke.
Chris was out working on it and said he would have it working by Saturday’s race.

Did gets some pics!

howboutchaw
07-17-2003, 02:10 PM
more pics!

howboutchaw
07-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Sure hope there's a good turn out of quads.

jcsact
07-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks them are some nice pics.

What is the distance in the 1st pic?

I would love to come up but I have to help get the some stuff set-up for the Vanderburgh County Fair. All the kids are bring in there projects on Saturday and that usually last all day so I have to help my wife. :(

Good Luck and ride safe. Make sure you tell us how you did and have some one take more pics