PDA

View Full Version : meet yours truly at silver lake this weekend.

Juggalo
07-14-2003, 01:42 PM
well me and a buncha pals are plannin a trip to the silver lake dunes this weekend. if anybody wants to meet up there we could do some riding. it'll be my first dune trip so you might have to give me some pointers!

250exen
07-14-2003, 03:20 PM
AHHHH! we just canciled our trip to go there this weekend! we canciled because you have to be 16 to ride ther and im not and we dont wanna drive 71/2 hours to get there and find out that i cant ride and come 7 1/2 hours back:(
wish i could be there:( :grr:
need a camp site? we got one reserved at the south campgrounds. im canciling it tomarrow!

Juggalo
07-14-2003, 07:34 PM
thats gay. how can they prove your under 16 tho? just be like i don't have an ID if they question you. you givin that camp site to me for free??? lol

anybody else wanna make a trip there?

JJWB023
07-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Dont You Just Hate This Age Stuff...People Dont Realize That Age Aint A Number.....Im Gonna Call It Agist ....There Should Be Laws Against Bein Agist In Certain Things Such As Quads And Other Things That Most People Cant Do Cuz They're Under 18 or 21 Sorry I Had TO Throw This In Here...I Just Get So Mad

07-15-2003, 02:46 AM
dude that would be awesome to meet you up there. well down there for me. I got a bunch of buddies that would go, only if we had a ride. I heard silver lake has awesome dunes.

RytM1
07-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Damn, missed it by a week again. Me and a few guys are heading up there the 25th-27th.

Juggalo
07-15-2003, 05:40 AM
well you never know, our trip might not work out and we would have to reschedual for another time!

300exQuadracer
07-15-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by bobby88
dude that would be awesome to meet you up there. well down there for me. I got a bunch of buddies that would go, only if we had a ride. I heard silver lake has awesome dunes.

where you live in the u.p. i just got back from 2 weeks at millecoquins lake just a few miles north of engadine and i sall all kinds of quads riding in sand dunes on rt 2 i dunno if it was legal or not though we didnt have room for my quad cause we took the boat

07-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
where you live in the u.p. i just got back from 2 weeks at millecoquins lake just a few miles north of engadine and i sall all kinds of quads riding in sand dunes on rt 2 i dunno if it was legal or not though we didnt have room for my quad cause we took the boat

i live in menominee, right at the bottom of the UP. i have heard of engadine not sure how far i am away from it tho..

Doibugu2
07-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
Damn, missed it by a week again. Me and a few guys are heading up there the 25th-27th.

Did you guys pass the sound test the last time you went up. I got my HMF and its pretty loud. (I'll need to get a spark arrester if I ever go up there)

Brad
07-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
because you have to be 16 to ride ther

looks like our trip is canceled:(

H440exconfused
07-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Just for all your information, they do not check i.ds there if you look like a ten yr. old then dont go there but with your helmet on eveyone looks the same, take my word for it they dont check, they also only check sound if you show up with something like open headers on a truck or jeep, or a rail. The only thing they check is at the shack where your flag has to hit the pole they will check to see if you have a spark arrestor or a cooler in your truck. If you are considered dune ready that is the best way you dont even have to ride your four wheeler near any DNR officers. just unload in the dunes. You will need to get there early enough to get a voucher though.

400exrules
07-15-2003, 05:18 PM
how much do u pay when u travel to the dunes just forentry, i mean like, how much is a campsite and do u have to have one or can u just camp out in the midldle of no where? and wuts it cost like per bike or person upon entry at like glamis or little sahara?

H440exconfused
07-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Campsite vary, you can stay at the good one where we all stay which is yogie bear, that like 30 dollars a night. The state park is cheap though like only 15 or so, but facilities suck. You cant just camp anywhere though. The only thing you have to pay for is you must have all three of the following

ORV sticker $ 16.25

State park sticker $ 20.00

Flag, they sell them all over there 10 foot flags $ 21.00

Once you have all those they are good for the yr. You dont have to pay to get into the dunes though.

You must have a voucher though, and depending on the weekend crowd, it determines how many are still available. Eather a parking lot voucher or a dune ready voucher. If you can be dune ready.

H440exconfused
07-15-2003, 05:30 PM
By the way every vehicle entering must have all those listed above, bikes, quads, trucks, rails etc.

400exrules
07-15-2003, 05:46 PM
do u need one for your truck if u just plan on driving to the campsite and parking it because u had to use it to haul your quad?

H440exconfused
07-15-2003, 05:52 PM
If you hual your four wheelers into the parking lot only you only need the stickes , both of them just to park it. you dont need the flag, but then you have to get a parking lot voucher, which are harder to get and you will have to get there the night befor to get one. but if you haul you quad into the actual dunes then you need all three. dune ready vouchers are easier and more plentiful. you can get any timeslot you want for the day. Parking lots are aavailable for one time slot only, you MUST enter the parking lot between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. dune readys are available from 9 to 11, and 11 to 1 and from 1 to 3, and after three you can get in, dunes close at 10 this time of yr.

crazycasey
07-15-2003, 06:36 PM
hopfully im goin with juggalo..ill be riding either our friends blaster or shee. it should be fun

Juggalo
07-15-2003, 06:40 PM
ah crap. i don't know if i will be able to go if they have all those restrictions. none of my friends (including me) have spark arrested exhausts and most of us don't have stock exhausts either. also if there is a sound limit we will proably be over it (i run a white bros R-4). also i am tight on money it might be a little too pricey for me. i will have to talk to my friends and see what what they say.

TheChknhwk
07-16-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by H440exconfused
Campsite vary, you can stay at the good one where we all stay which is yogie bear, that like 30 dollars a night. The state park is cheap though like only 15 or so, but facilities suck. You cant just camp anywhere though. The only thing you have to pay for is you must have all three of the following

ORV sticker $ 16.25

State park sticker $ 20.00

Flag, they sell them all over there 10 foot flags $ 21.00

Once you have all those they are good for the yr. You dont have to pay to get into the dunes though.

You must have a voucher though, and depending on the weekend crowd, it determines how many are still available. Eather a parking lot voucher or a dune ready voucher. If you can be dune ready.

I think the state campground is awesome, if you want hotel style accomodations... stay at a hotel. The state ground is on Silver lake, and has clean facilities.

RytM1
07-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Doug and Jug :D ,
When I went back in May, I didn't have a problem with the noise level of my exhaust. Like H440 said, they are mainly checking for spark arrestors, and that your flag is long enough.

For those of you inquiring about camping, It's only a few minutes further than the state campgrounds, but I usually stay at the Silver City II campgrounds. They do not take reservations, but there has never been a problem getting a spot. Every time I have been there, they have never been anywhere close to full capacity. They even have some cabins for rent (around $50 per night, for two people).

H440exconfused
07-16-2003, 11:40 AM
By the way I never said they any problems to quads for noise restrictions, I go there all the time and I said they usually only check for flag length and spark arrestor. The only thing they check noise on is wide open exhaust on trucks, jeeps and rails, the want some type of mufflers.