PDA

View Full Version : houser wristwrester

Pappy
07-14-2003, 01:27 PM
well i bought one and got 3 days of some very ruff riding in at hatfield mc coy.

it installed and adjusted easily and takes about 20 minutes including plastic removal. for those that havent seen it ..it takes the place of your stock steering stem bushing and bracket. the unit allows for the stem to move forward 5/8 of an inch. it has an adjuster that allows you to set the "firmness" ( i set mine kinda snug because i didnt know how id like the bars moving forward)

i rode all 3 days with no stabilizer and id have to say this thing works. my shoulders never got sore from straight on blows to rocks and some seriously tuff sections that before would have damn near sent me over the bars. i felt the bars move once or twice when i was thinking about it but never really noticed.

there was one section that i had to ride back over(another rider needed parts) and when i approached this "wall" in the trail the second time i just stayed on the gas. id say it was a good 8 to 10 inch rock face and i never really felt it. i did feel the bars move slightly but nothing like i was prepared for.

i bought mine used so i cant say the price will fit everyones budget but if ya have the money to spend i can tell ya that it works as it claims.:)

anywhereEx
07-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Glad to head that you liked it.

How was the feeling when the bars moved forward? That was the only thing I wondered about.

Pappy
07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
it felt like you hit a small bump

i can loosen the tension and allow it to move on smaller stuff but i think i have it about perfect. if it moves now im hammerin on some ruff stuff and never notice it doing its job

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
$220 retail....

I will keep my stabilizer :D

Pappy
07-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
$220 retail....

I will keep my stabilizer :D

i agree....i just dont have mine yet so it was a great test to see how it worked alone. as soon as wer or gty or whatever company that wants to sell me a stabilizer answers a few questions ill have one on my quad along with the wristwrester;)

cdalejef
07-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Its not a replacement for the stabilizer....it takes the shock load off of your arms when you hit something that tries to send you over the bars.

L.Vegas400
07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
never heard of it...

Meek
07-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Would it put any strain on the lower berring, with the movement? Just sounds like that would become a pivot point.

cdalejef
07-15-2003, 01:36 AM
I don't think so.....my cousin has had one on his for about 2 years and he said he hasn't had to replace the bearings yet. BA has one on his too.

RIjon
07-15-2003, 02:41 AM
DAMMIT

I would have had it if you didn't snag it out from under me

:mad:

QuadTrix6
07-15-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
never heard of it...

i believe houser is the only company that make em

L.Vegas400
07-15-2003, 08:46 AM
does it take the place of a stering dampener or would you use it in conjunction with one or do they compliment each other?

Pappy
07-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
does it take the place of a stering dampener or would you use it in conjunction with one or do they compliment each other?

i geuss you could say they compliment each other. after a normal ride my shoulders hurt...always have from the constant jarring the quad gives me. on this ride there was no pain except my hands (thats from not riding hard since november) i dont know if they are purposely designed for mx or xc or both but ill stand by them:D now i cant wait to get a dampner on the quad:mad:

Doibugu2
07-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
now i cant wait to get a dampner on the quad:mad:

I'm sure you know this but be careful clamping that thing up, its got some sharp edges. I got a bunch of chipped powder coating on my stem from having to adjust it so much.

Pappy
07-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I'm sure you know this but be careful clamping that thing up, its got some sharp edges. I got a bunch of chipped powder coating on my stem from having to adjust it so much.

yeah ive installed a few now so i hopefully wont have much to adjust. ive seen alot of people over torque them also which dont help matters much:ermm: my chromed stem has some serious dents in it:eek: