PDA

View Full Version : Question about killswitch on 300ex

Jay300ex
07-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey guys I am doing handlebar work on my 300 and I have a quick question that someone may be able to answer for me. So I got a PEP Clutch on it's way this week, I have my stock one off, and I am curious about the kill switch that is part of the clutch mechanism. If I remove the entire switch ( meaning take the stock perch off ) and replace it with one that doesn't have on, will the quad start or be killed? If it starts I realize that it can be started while in gear w/o the clutch being held in, which is bad.. but I know not to do that!! So does this question make sence?

Also another question about the stock kill switch and light controls, is there any after market ones that I can buy that don't have the lighting controls? There are to many wires for my liking and would like to get a new one with just the starter button and a kill switch.

Thanks guys!

Jay

Crazy Honda
07-14-2003, 11:47 AM
yea it will work you just need to twist the to wires together and tape them , like you said it will start in any gear without the clutch pulled in :)

Jay300ex
07-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Cool thanks man!!

Jay

bradley300
07-15-2003, 02:17 AM
try finding the starter button from a cannondale, just use the key to turn it off.