PDA

View Full Version : no idea what to do

roddawg
07-14-2003, 09:53 AM
ok heres the thing i just got a 95' rm125 i can coast start it and it will run .... checked the timing .... it looks like the bikes just squirting oil all over my pulg and we put a new one in and it started 1st kick but after that 1st time it wont fire up nemore .... i have no idea what i'm doin with 2 strokes ... can someone give me some ideas what it is thanks alot

95' RM 125
Pro Taper Bars
Pro Circuit Pipe

H440exconfused
07-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Do a compression test, on it, two strokes need have a piston and ring change pretty often if you want to keep the compression up, I bet yours is worn out. Dont worry though its not like your car engine its a farely simple and inexpesive repair. From what you described i am sure thats it.

L.Vegas400
07-14-2003, 10:03 AM
2-smokes are made to rev. if you dont keep the revs up most of the time it will foul plugs like a mad man. try this, when you shut it down, give it a quick full throtle rev and push the kill button in the peak of the rev. see if this helps any. what this does, it get the eng burning the fuel in the cylender real good and hot and it doesnt stick to the plug and disecourage spark. i learned this from a snall time race buddy and worked for 2 years so far with no ill effects.

roddawg
07-14-2003, 10:29 AM
ok i know this sounds stupid i just dont feel like looking ... what are some good websites to get things for dirt bikes it's ok i'm just a lil slow :ermm:

roddawg
07-14-2003, 10:44 AM
ok i know this sounds stupid i just dont feel like looking ... what are some good websites to get things for dirt bikes it's ok i'm just a lil slow :ermm:

H440exconfused
07-14-2003, 10:51 AM
You could get all those parts pretty cheap from like "rockymountainatv.com" you need, piston, rings, wrist pin, clips, that should all come together but ask, head gasket and base gasket.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-14-2003, 11:19 AM
We carry all the dirtbike products also ;)

nastynotchback1
07-14-2003, 02:27 PM
freind of mine just bought a kx125 2003 model.straight out of the showroom he had to rejet it because it kept fouling plugs.so maybe your jetting but i bet it just needs a top end in it.also kawasaki says to rebuild the topend every 8-10 hrs of riding.

H440exconfused
07-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Thats Sucks if Kawasaki really says that which I am sure they dont, that would have to be the biggest peice of crap ever. I dont believ that at all. But You go ahead and rebuild the one you got every 8 to 10 hours we can all use more bussiness. I have some freids that I am sure wish they had you as a customer.

:eek: :eek:

nastynotchback1
07-15-2003, 01:34 PM
well if you could read you would see that i dont own a kawasaki i said my freind does.i dont own kawasaki nor claim to which means i didnt say it kawasaki did.belive what you want to belive but dont flame in my post.there is no room for smart alec people here.thanks

roddawg
07-17-2003, 01:12 PM
ya this sucks i got all these idea and my bike is at my dad and i live at my moms .... so im going to the metallica concert this weekend but i will keep u informed on what it was so if anyone u know or maybe yourself have the same problem

curtissparks400
07-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by H440exconfused
Thats Sucks if Kawasaki really says that which I am sure they dont, that would have to be the biggest peice of crap ever. I dont believ that at all. But You go ahead and rebuild the one you got every 8 to 10 hours we can all use more bussiness. I have some freids that I am sure wish they had you as a customer.

actually, he is right, u are suppose to rebuild one recondmended by ANY 2-stroke every 8-10 hrs. to keep it at top performance. do alot of ppl do that? NO, if u race should u? YES. so before u go saying things u dont know, get your facts straight.

nastynotchback1
07-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by curtissparks400
actually, he is right, u are suppose to rebuild one recondmended by ANY 2-stroke every 8-10 hrs. to keep it at top performance. do alot of ppl do that? NO, if u race should u? YES. so before u go saying things u dont know, get your facts straight.

curtissparks400 thanks for clearing that up and yes he does race locally

quader400
07-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by H440exconfused

hey dude settle down. your freaking out. he was just saying your supposed to no need to get upset.

Big - D Racing
07-17-2003, 05:46 PM
I've ridden dirtbikes for a while and it seems to me it can be a few things or a mixture of a few things:
1)What is your oil mixture I'm guessing too low, all my dirtbikes including a 1994 rm125 ran on 40:1, you usually run lower like 20:1 or others when your breaking it in. Otherwise too much oil spits up on everything, and the result is fouled plug after fouled plug.
2) Your piston rings may need a replacing, has it been rebuilt before? If so how long ago? If it's been over 2 years I guarantee those rings need to be replaced. Does your oil spit out of your silencer (usually you can't tell, take a white cloth and hold it behind the silencer and rev the bike like crazy for a while? If it does than your rings are gone for sure.
Now I bet you probably need to both get new rings and change your mixture.
P.s. With the older RM's they run a wierd spark plug, make sure you have the right one or else it won't run right. Check with a dealer what plug should be in there and compare it to the plugs you have. That wierd spark plug is also expensive as hell (atleast compared to others) I believe the one you need is like $20. With all 2 strokes always carry multiple plugs for any trip, they foul them like crazy, but not after every start like yours, more like once every trip or two.

roddawg
07-20-2003, 10:11 AM
hey thanks a lot .... i was runnin 50:1 then i stepped down to 40 soo u think i should go even lower ..... ya i kno i went to my local part shop and they didnt have ne of my spark pulgs .... hmmm no the bike hasnt been rebuilt .... thanx for the info .... and nething that will make this bike faster please help me out .... i want to eventually race this thing

Chanman420q
07-20-2003, 11:52 AM
never been rebuilt??? :eek:

roddawg
07-20-2003, 03:22 PM
i wont go as far as never ..... but only once or twice .... never raced on soo and it's sat around in my friend garage he has a 440ex sooo what would u want this for .... soo i bought it