PDA

View Full Version : Any plumbers out there.

07-14-2003, 08:44 AM
I had to replace the flapper on my chitter. Well now it seems to not drain as fast, nor does it fill up with enough water as before...:ermm:

I had to full with the screw on the float ball to to adjust the water line because it was 2 high before... What was supposed to have been a 15 minute job just took me about 2 hours..:mad:

I also had to put 2 washers on the line to the flapper to make it shut because it would just stick wide open...

It seems to be doing fine except for what i said in my first paragraph...

thanks for any tips you can give...I"M pretty pissed at the moment..

DREWS400EX
07-14-2003, 08:46 AM
I just use my outhouse in the back yard.:eek2:

Doibugu2
07-14-2003, 08:46 AM
anything your arse sits on you break. I better check my quad over to make sure it's okay.

MOFO
07-14-2003, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry but I have to just LMFAO at this... :D

is there a valve that controls your water flow behind the chitter? If so, trying playing with that.

jerry-89-250R
07-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Rico if this ia a joke you got me. Go too lowes get the flush kit "the one without the ball" they work 100 times better and includes the flapper cost a little over 8$. The water is what closes and seals the flapper, if you used washers for weight, the chain too the handle may not have enuff slack. It only takes less than 30 minutes too replace, hardest part is getting the water out of the tank. OH yea it helps too not be drinking while doing this.

07-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jerry-89-250R
Rico if this ia a joke you got me. Go too lowes get the flush kit "the one without the ball" they work 100 times better and includes the flapper cost a little over 8$. The water is what closes and seals the flapper, if you used washers for weight, the chain too the handle may not have enuff slack. It only takes less than 30 minutes too replace, hardest part is getting the water out of the tank. OH yea it helps too not be drinking while doing this.

Not a joke at all.

After an hour went buy i grabbed my first beer, was on my 5th before i finished it. i bet I turned off the water to it and flushed it 40 times today and I'm still not sure it's correct..:ermm: I'll ride it out for awhile i guess but if it keeps actin up I'll look into the quick fix all in one solution you mentioned. Might need ta go buy a "how to fix a chitter 101" book....:ermm: :(

jerry-89-250R
07-14-2003, 09:20 AM
How's this for service? Lowes - toilet tank repair kit 7.84 + tax, item#100393

07-14-2003, 09:21 AM
How's this for service? Lowes - toilet tank repair kit 7.84 + tax, item#100393

:mad: :grr:

Thats were i do all my home repair shopping and thats were i got my new flapper... Never seen the idiots only repair kit...:cuss:

knighttime
07-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Float balls are absolete now, get the kit from lowes, get the one where u replace everything, even the flush handle :eek2:

:bandit:

bansheeguy77
07-14-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
Float balls are absolete now

woah im definately stuck in the 80s i think...needa keep up with my chitter technology

knighttime
07-14-2003, 09:43 AM
OH yea it helps too not be drinking while doing this.

i refuse to work on chitters unless i have a good beer buzz goin

:eek2:

:bandit:

cdalejef
07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
I here you are bumpet to #1 on the chit list Knight!!!

zephead400ex
07-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Not many plumbers = not much crack!

Thank God!!

peace

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Rico's just in denial after his ****** was made public......... :devil: :devil:

cdalejef
07-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
Rico's just in denial after his ****** was made public......... :devil: :devil: ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

07-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
Rico's just in denial after his ****** was made public......... :devil: :devil:

:mad:

BornOnFire
07-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Rico,
Make sure the tank trip lever is not loose. Buy a "Korky Red" flapper and follow the directions. On the new flapper, use the tabs that fit over the "ears" of the flush tube and not the round piece that slides over the tube. In fact, cut out that round piece completely out of the flapper. You'll see the lines at the edges of the loop holes which show where to cut it. The chain must be cut to fit the desired length. Too much and too little can both cause problems. Make sure you have just enough to not put any lift pressure on top of the flapper when the tank handle is at rest. Again, the handle needs to be tight against the tank so as to not move at all when flushed. You don't want the chain causing tension on the flapper when it is at rest. If this doesn't work, drink more beer and call me in the morning!

Glamis400ex
07-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Come on now ....there's got to be a Turd Chaser somewhere on this board...Rico needs help:eek2:

Glamis

K_Fulk
07-14-2003, 05:07 PM
What you need is one of them new pressuized crappers You can flush anything down them things.

nakomis0
07-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if this helps but all I know about plumbing is Shiet flows downhill.

SGA
07-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
What you need is one of them new pressuized crappers You can flush anything down them things.
We stayed at a new hotel in disney world. Reached around and hit the flush handle, ROAR! Scared the fool outa me, I thought something would be pulled off. :scary:
I bet i went through 5 rolls of paper that weekend playing with that supercharged toilet. Might be dangerous aroung fat women, they need a warning label on them suckers.
I want one for the house.:D

07-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Well i've got it workin for now..Seems to be doing just fine but it's not like it was before.

I've got a buddy that's a maint. guy for Papa Johns headquarters here in Lousville, so I spoke with him last night. He's gonna stop by and give the mofo a complete overhaul for a 12 pack of budwiesers. Wooo Hooo

K_Fulk
07-15-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by SGA
We stayed at a new hotel in disney world. Reached around and hit the flush handle, ROAR! Scared the fool outa me, I thought something would be pulled off. :scary:
I bet i went through 5 rolls of paper that weekend playing with that supercharged toilet. Might be dangerous aroung fat women, they need a warning label on them suckers.
I want one for the house.:D

I think there around $200, If my crapper starts actin up ill go get one.

SGA
07-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Ya, they look like a regular toilet, but if you open the tank, they have a inner tank with a charged air bladder in it. Those babys have some serious flushing action, would make Al Bundy proud.
My toilets are 30 years old, back from the days when a flush was a real flush. The new 1 gal per flush, water saver ones (non air bladder) blow. They cant even get a good floater down.
Did you know the word Crap/crapper came from John Crapper, the man who invented the modern toilet?

cdalejef
07-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by SGA

Did you know the word Crap/crapper came from John Crapper, the man who invented the modern toilet?

07-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Ya, they look like a regular toilet, but if you open the tank, they have a inner tank with a charged air bladder in it. Those babys have some serious flushing action, would make Al Bundy proud.
My toilets are 30 years old, back from the days when a flush was a real flush. The new 1 gal per flush, water saver ones (non air bladder) blow. They cant even get a good floater down.

Now this man knows his chit.....Litereally:cool:

Johnny_G
07-15-2003, 08:27 AM
But I've been told that I can really lay the pipe!!!:eek2: :eek2: :devil:

07-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
But I've been told that I can really lay the pipe!!!:eek2: :eek2: :devil:

LMFAO Jonny C..... But i think your gettin ahead of yourself...:o

Boy you missed one heck of a good time at HM as you can see by the thread I'm sure..:p

Pappy
07-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Rico
LMFAO Jonny C..... But i think your gettin ahead of yourself...:o

Boy you missed one heck of a good time at HM as you can see by the thread I'm sure..:p

he is regulated to sissy class now:blah:

SGA
07-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

:mad:

UglyMotha™
07-15-2003, 03:58 PM
a thread about nothing but crap :huh

wilkin250r
07-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Boy, this forum is really going down the toilet...

Too obvious?:(

Johnny_G
07-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
he is regulated to sissy class now:blah:

:eek: :rolleyes: :macho :ermm:

Man I had a Buccs race or I woulda been there to see your new GF Rico....LMFAO

BTW whats wit the racoon:confused:

Pappy
07-16-2003, 01:20 AM
the coon now has an addiction problem:eek:

MOFO
07-16-2003, 01:32 AM
the coon now has an addiction problem:eek:

it was bad enough he would eat all of your food... now that SOB is gonna be raiding beer coolers.... LMAO!

07-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
:eek: :rolleyes: :macho :ermm:

Man I had a Buccs race or I woulda been there to see your new GF Rico....LMFAO

She's not my ******...:cuss: :grr:

Pappy
07-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
it was bad enough he would eat all of your food... now that SOB is gonna be raiding beer coolers.... LMAO!

:eek: next trip we rig a cooler with like 5 inches of beer in it....prop the lid open and trap him in there. 20 minutes should do it:devil:

07-16-2003, 02:22 AM
:eek: next trip we rig a cooler with like 5 inches of beer in it....prop the lid open and trap him in there. 20 minutes should do it:devil:

You might find me trapped in there the next morning....:(

CHAR250R
07-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I had to replace the flapper on my chitter. Well now it seems to not drain as fast, nor does it fill up with enough water as before...:ermm:

I had to full with the screw on the float ball to to adjust the water line because it was 2 high before... What was supposed to have been a 15 minute job just took me about 2 hours..:mad:

I also had to put 2 washers on the line to the flapper to make it shut because it would just stick wide open...

It seems to be doing fine except for what i said in my first paragraph...

thanks for any tips you can give...I"M pretty pissed at the moment.. Rico, post a pic of the inside of your tank, so I can see what kind of contraption you have rigged up. I'm a plumber. I'll straighten you out. Charlie.:)

Pappy
07-16-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
I'll straighten you out. Charlie.:)

hehe.....sound familiar rico:devil:

MOFO
07-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
Rico, post a pic of the inside of your tank, so I can see what kind of contraption you have rigged up. I'm a plumber. I'll straighten you out. Charlie.:)

I'm not sure if the inside of Rico's chitter is appropriate photo material for this site. :eek:

MotoX3
07-16-2003, 02:48 AM
hehe.....sound familiar rico:devil:

LMFAO....but if my crapper ever goes out i just use the timber behind my house :ermm:

CHAR250R
07-16-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
I'm not sure if the inside of Rico's chitter is appropriate photo material for this site. :eek: As long as it's not a pic of the bowl....................we should be OK.