PDA

View Full Version : Need help on 400ex mods!!!

greco400
07-14-2003, 04:32 AM
i have a 2000 400ex and want to make it faster. I am looking into the 416 and i dont have any 110 octane a round so i got 94 or pump gas:( What setup do i Use and how much? I was going to get the air scoops and a bigger oil tank would that help cool also and i was thinking of getting little air cooling fans and put it on the oil cooler up top of the Oil tank. I am getting a HMF slip on pipe and get the 175 jet i think thats to big do you? & grind out the welds inside and my question is would my motor ever blow up because i dont want to be paying for engine parts every time i ride i mostly on a farm (198 acres) and race in deep woods hill climps and racing would all that work? i really need the help if i should get the 416 kit and a better clutch and and the flywheel lighten, big oil tank air scoops and air fans would that work and how much would it cost for that stuff Please help me

greco400
07-14-2003, 04:35 AM
and i was thinking about a other carb and im not going to take out the chock. Just going to get a big one or get it mods for it and a better air filter.