PDA

View Full Version : honing

440BEAST
07-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Hows it going folks... I have a 2000 400 ex... It has an IMS 440 big bore kit on it. I was looking to change my head gasket and my base gasket b\c it is leaking a little oil. At the same time i was gonna change my piston rings... My question is... Is it neccessary to hone my cylendar wall when replacing my rings in order to get the rings to seat correctly???? you help will be much appriciated

Dirt
07-14-2003, 04:46 AM
Yes it is.:D Honeing is very simple. You could purchase a ball hone and it would take you like 1min to hone and 5min to clean it. or just take it to a shop and it should be less than $30 max.

440BEAST
07-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Dirt
Yes it is.:D Honeing is very simple. You could purchase a ball hone and it would take you like 1min to hone and 5min to clean it. or just take it to a shop and it should be less than $30 max.

Thank you if you wanna see pics of my beast go to the open forum and check out "my beast". I'm new to the honda life. I have wanted a four wheeler my whole life and finally 21 years old and i got one. I stumbled onto a great deal too. I got a 2000 400 ex with a big bor kit and lotys of extras for 3000.... I love it... check it out and tell me what you think