PDA

View Full Version : We might be getting a hurricane

spiderrider04
07-14-2003, 02:51 AM
i was just watching the news and they said that tropical storm claudette might turn into a category 1. it is suppose to hit just a little south of us, in corpus christi. the news said that the north part is worst part to get hit with because it brings more rain.:(

my dad and i are going to board up the windows tonight after he gets of work. it is suppose to hit around 1 a.m. wednesday. the tide has already raised about 1 f. :ermm: my mom is going tonight after she gets off work to get some stuff for preparation. we are hoping that the storm isn't to bad.

well, i just thought that i would share my bad news.

07-14-2003, 02:55 AM
that sucks big time. I live in michigan we dont get any of that kind of stuff.

stepupmx
07-14-2003, 03:15 AM
I love california :p

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 05:12 AM
i'd take a hurricane rather than a quake!

spiderrider04
07-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by goin2shock

lol

i was just outside mowing and i seen a few trucks and a van that had loads of wood, for the there windows.

i'm watching the weather channel now and they showed it coming right to us. this is going to suck because we are going to get a lot of rain so that means a lot of flooding. :ermm:

well i got to go finish mowing.

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 06:49 AM
at least this hurricane isnt as bad as Clara, Alisha, or any of those other ones..... now those were awful.. one of them, the eye of the storm went directly over my house.. and everyone was outside then..... its all quiet and eerie when youre in the eye

stiffy
07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
That sucks hope everything stays in one piece, can you record the rain? I forgot what it is like. I think I would pay $500 for a big thunderstorm I havn't seen rain since March or April can't remember. Good Luck

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by stiffy
That sucks hope everything stays in one piece, can you record the rain? I forgot what it is like. I think I would pay $500 for a big thunderstorm I havn't seen rain since March or April can't remember. Good Luck

k.. come down to Alvin, TX and pay me $500 and you will see some rain... anywhere I go and I wanna ride a quad..it rains.... I could make sum money doin that chit lmao

EXracer8604
07-14-2003, 10:40 AM
yup, hurricanes suck here :scary:

spiderrider04
07-14-2003, 01:43 PM
well, they are saying now that it might go in north of us. so hopefully all we get is a little rain, but it could still turn sharper to the west and get us.

o, and stiffy i will try to record the rain, which is suppose to start late tuesday evening

CHAUNCY
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I heard about that earlier today. Hope it goes past you guys:o

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by spiderrider04
well, they are saying now that it might go in north of us. so hopefully all we get is a little rain, but it could still turn sharper to the west and get us.

o, and stiffy i will try to record the rain, which is suppose to start late tuesday evening

yeah its goin north....straight for houston tx area i bet.... good thing im gonna be in NC when its due

stepupmx
07-14-2003, 02:35 PM

Wtf?

Quakes are nothing. Just a little rambling and rumbling for a second or 2.

Durring Hurricanes you gotta go underground to stay safe, i dont think i would like that.

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 03:37 PM
underground to stay safe? thats a tornado! a hurricane is widespread damage a tornado is local damage!
i wouldnt go underground during a hurricane they like to flood rivers and such so u'd drown underground DUH!

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:38 PM
underground to stay safe? thats a tornado! a hurricane is widespread damage a tornado is local damage!
i wouldnt go underground during a hurricane they like to flood rivers and such so u'd drown underground DUH!

ROTFLMGDAO, i could just see someone sayin that HAHAHA

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by stepupmx
Wtf?

Quakes are nothing. Just a little rambling and rumbling for a second or 2.

Durring Hurricanes you gotta go underground to stay safe, i dont think i would like that.

hey he's from cali so what can u expecT? just kidding man cali is COOL!

250xman
07-14-2003, 05:02 PM
hey good luck with the storm. it should be there in about 2 hours from now. well the good thing is that after natural disasters you can ride the quad around and the cops wont really care because they are alreay too busy to worry about some kid on a quad! good luck! Keep safe!

goin2shock
07-14-2003, 05:15 PM
it wont be that bad i only worry when level 2 or 3s come around!

K2Snow
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Ahh, I miss all the storms on the East Coast! We'd get a few reeeeaally bad storms every once and awhile. Even some hurricanes passing by every now and then. Out here in Cali, it's sunny all day every day. The weather never changes!

Mx300exRyder
07-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
yeah its goin north....straight for houston tx area i bet.... good thing im gonna be in NC when its due

I live just east of houston, if it hits, I have to go out an work because I work on pipelines, that have got to be operational, at all times. So I will be out in the open durring the storm like I was the past few times.

spiderrider04
07-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Well, they say now that it's suppose to hit around 1 o'clock today at port o'conner. that is north of me, so the weather showed that we are suppose to get about 2-4 inches of rain. so that means that i will probably have a dirty quad after this is over:devil:

FourFiftyFour
07-15-2003, 05:20 AM
its rainin like crazy here......nonstop stoopid caca

spiderrider04
07-15-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
its rainin like crazy here......nonstop stoopid caca

lol

it's not raining that hard here now but the weather shows that it is still to come. also,the wind is blowing like crazy. i heard that some place has wind blowing up to 84mph:eek2:

JUSTINcredible
07-15-2003, 08:54 AM
in Minnesota you get just about every kind of weather besides hurricans and earth quakes...

it changes by the minute they say:ermm: :huh

flyin#5
07-15-2003, 10:03 AM
yeah mn/wi weather is wierd........... snowing the one day sunny and 70 degrees the next day.