PDA

View Full Version : krinkle paint on jug

silverbullet300
07-13-2003, 02:58 PM
i have 300, i was wondering if i krinkle painted the jug black and polished the fins i thought it would look pretty good. but could that do any damage considering that black attracks heat. also another thing if u guys are having any problems with heat where the heat shield is (if ur leg gets hot) i put some exsaust wrap on mine and seemed if it helped it out pretty good. it dont look bad.its just a suggestion.

bmw500hp
07-14-2003, 03:42 AM
I have a second jug thats black with the fins tips clean. It looks pretty cool as is but it's not on the quad yet.

Wondering how much the tape changed the heat radiation from the pipe, especially near the oil cooler? Wondering if the tape would lessen the heat where the header nears the pingry tank?

silverbullet300
07-15-2003, 12:30 AM
dont let me confuse u its not heat tape, i went to like a race car shop and pickes up a 50 foot roll of exhaust wrap. hope i didnt confuse u with the two, i wouldnt want see anyone put heat tape on thier header pipe. yeah it would probaby make a pretty good differnce in the temperature. i know it doesnt really bother me to much to ride my 300 with shorts.