PDA

View Full Version : clutch lifter pin

chad502ex
07-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Has anyone had their "Clutch Lifter Pin" break? I bought heavy duty clutch springs and shims from FST for my 502, and I think that it put too much pressure on the pressure plate causing the lifter pin to finally pop. Has anyone else installed new springs to keep their clutch from slipping under high engine torque loads, and if so, did the same thing happen to you?

The clutch lifter pin has a cap on the end of the lifter pin that basically popped off the pin end while I was out rid'n- miles from the truck. The clutch lever is what "cams" this lifter pin outward from from the basket and really is what needs to support the clutch spring tension. Oh, BTW, I do have hydrolic clutch and felt the pop thru the system

attached pic is parts breakdown of the part i'm describing, it's #10 in the image.

Thanks for your help.

Chad502EX.com

drip
07-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Yes, I had mine break about 9 months after I bought the quad and it had a stock clutch. I was about 5 miles from home and had to limp my way home. I was glad to hear that the part cost less than $8. The gasket cost me more than that. You are the first person other than myself that I have heard has had this happen to them.

toby400ex
07-14-2003, 08:25 AM
mine broke before i bought the quad, all stock engine and clutch. Easy to fix though

H_W
07-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Mine broke about 2 months ago. And a friend of mine who has a xr400 broke his about 1 week after I broke mine.

400MXer
07-14-2003, 10:11 AM
i broke mine with two laps to go at the red bud national race. I thought i broke my clutch cable....easy fix though, only like a $6 dollar part i think. mines got a heavy duty clutch in it too.