PDA

View Full Version : edlebrock carbs any good?

zoom400ex
07-13-2003, 01:31 PM
i just bid on a edlebrock quicksilver carb on ebay and i was wondering if they are a decent carb and if i would see some god improvements on power? its only at 202.50$ and it comes witht he cable and housing is that a good deal? thanks

Tanner

zoom400ex
07-14-2003, 06:39 AM
anyone

Doibugu2
07-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Hardly anyone has one here. Most people have the FCR.

Somone had one awhile back and got rid of it because the thumb throttle was to hard to push. That's all I can remember about them.

nacs400ex
07-14-2003, 07:02 AM
I heard they are hard to tune just liket he Lectron. But have the accelerator pumper in them like the FCR. I would go with the FCR because if it doesnt work well then how come all the Top motocross dirtbikes have them ??

denile
07-14-2003, 02:30 PM
quicksilver is very easy to tune.Edelbrock has excellent technical support.Let them know what you have done and they will give you a setup to start with and tune from there.I'm sure the fcr is better but edelbrock is not bad at all.

Big - D Racing
07-14-2003, 02:53 PM
I have ran the fcr 39, standard 400ex edelbrock, and the Doug Eichner 440 edelbrock version, and the Doug Eichner version is the best by far. The fcr 39 is a little more powerful than the standard edlebrock, bt the Eichner 440 beats the fcr in every rpm range. It is similiar to the standard edelbrock except for it has a larger bore, arge fuel bowl, and larger accelerator pump. The edelbrock tune 100 times easier than the fcr. There is no jets to deal with, and you don't have to compensate for altitude changes with a clip around the needle. Best part is if you have the standard lbrock carb you can upgrade it to the 440 version for like $60, send it direct to edelbrock, and it only takes one week.