PDA

View Full Version : I really am a idiot

luvmyex
07-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Went out to the track today and was planing to reface the jumps that were all messed up.Wasnt gonna ride much.I had my gf and her son with me.They both ride but slow.:ermm: Anyway i get there and dont unload just start working on the jumps.I get two of em nice and smooth again.The tabletop and one of the two doubles.THe other was really messed up so i didnt mess with it till later.Well after facing the jumps i get all excited about hitting em.Hurry over to the truck and get changed.They have been riding the whole time so im really hurring to get on and hit the jumps.Well here is where i screwed up! i unload the wheeler stick in the key and just take off.Any clue as to what i did wrong?go around a few times hitting the jumps.They're sweet nice and smooth.So i make about 5 laps.Stop and ask them if they want to go ride the rest of the area. There is another track that is just a big circle with two natural jumps up and two down hill.We ride all of it and the little bit of woods,go back to the truck.take a break,and i fix the third jump.hit the whole track about 5 more laps.Its small.And i see if they want to go around one more time.So we go off to the circle track and im just ripping around as hard as i can.Making two laps to my gf one lap.And tring to do better when im tapped in third going aroun a big sweeping curve and i hear a big clunk and my tires lock up and slide me to a stop.My freaking engine is locked up tighter than dicks hatband!I didnt check my oil when i started.What a idiot! i allways check it.After loading up i checked the dipstick and the was no oil on it.I really didnt need this!I just hope its not too badly messed up.I really dont have the cash for this now.Moral of this story always check your oil.ALWAYS!Sorry for the long post.Just crying in my beer some!But here are the jumps.old pic but same jump

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear about this.. It is hard to learn things the hard way :( I hope that it is nothing major and you get it up and running again.

luvmyex
07-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Looks like ill be getting another piston from you guys though:ermm:

DEAL
07-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Your lucky it didn't lock up while you were in the air....
Thats too bad tho man , I hope there isn't any major damage besides the obvious piston and rings.

AtvMxRider
07-13-2003, 01:42 PM
If you run it without oil chances are you have more problems then just a piston. Hopefully not.

mikeboone
07-13-2003, 04:16 PM
If the rod bent/stretched check out www.carrilloind.com for the BEST rod made. I got mine for $175. Hope it isnt much damage. I have a stock rod and bearings you can have free if you need them. Mb

JD400exrider
07-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry to here that dude. I hope there is not much damage. What did you do change the oil and forgot to put new in? How can there be no oil in the motor. Sure your bike may burn a little . Should'nt be eneough to read none on the stick unless you have not changed it for a long time or is leaking out.

nj300exr
07-14-2003, 03:48 AM
i hate to say it but your prolly lookin at some new rockers and a cam too thats waht happened with me

luvmyex
07-14-2003, 09:21 AM
Im still feeling sick about this.I hate to see what all got f'up.Im not sure about the oil deal.IT burns off 1/4 -1/2 qt every tank of gas.It didnt leak or smoke and i have no clue why it just did.I almost feel like just selling it and be done with it.Ive put so much into that thing sence Jan. just to do something stupid like this.
Thanks Mike,Ill let ya know when i tear it down.Which may be a few days.If i try now ill just tear something to hell with the way i feel.

mikeboone
07-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Lumy ex--What kind of oil do you run? I ran that sorry HN4 for about 2 weeks and it burnt alot up--very cheap oil imo.

ridered86
07-14-2003, 04:38 PM
my motor just locked up the other day, wasnt oil though. the older ex's have a faulty intake boot between the carb andf the motor, the aluminum can separate from the rubber allowing dirt and dust in. if you havent go out and buy an intake boot from honda, cause the new ones are made so that cant happen now.

hondafox440
07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
That sucks man. I hope your crank bearings and big end rod bearing aren't siezed. While you have the engine apart, lap the mating surfaces on the head and base of the cylinder - that burning oil may be caused by improper sealing of a gasket due to a slightly warped surface.

honda350r
07-15-2003, 03:22 AM
Can you say TWO GRAND !!!!

luvmyex
07-15-2003, 11:07 AM
I was running the hn4 before the rebuild.But have been using the valvoline motorcycle oil after.
Hondafox,I will have to take it to somebody to check that out.I dont have anything to do that .
No i cant say two grand.But i can say want to buy some parts.I dont have anywhere near that kind of cash to put into it.If its too bad i may not be riding anymore.:mad:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-15-2003, 11:18 AM
We can only hope for the best ;) Nothing major and too expensive :(

Dirt
07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Seized isn't always that bad. Come' on man think positive, your piston could have just seized against the cylinder. The crank could be fine, and maybe even the rod. You not gonna know untill ya tear into it. hey I would rather seize my motor any day rather than snap a rod and have the thing exploid into a billion pieces of oilly Al chunks.

Don't start crying till ya got the thing apart. Maybe your cylinder wasn't bored correctly causeing the oil to burn off due to not enough clearance for oil film on the cylinder walls. And that could of caused Al transfer to the cylinder and then the seizeing. Hel you have no idea what the damage is, yet...

Hel I've seized a Blaster 240cc once during break in, dumped gas into the spark plug hole to unseize it, and beat the living sht out of it for over a year before it finally destroyed the piston. and it ran great.

think positive :D

honda350r
07-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Uhh, A two stroke seize is different than a Four stroke! I do not wish anything BAD on anyone! I do know what happens when you run a four stroke out of oil!

The first thing to go is the cam and the head gets all galled up and is usually junk after,then the small end of the rod gets trashed so you will have to have the crank rebuilt with a new rod not to mention a new piston and rings. So split the cases and replace those parts and I bet you are looking at TWO GRAND !

Sorry I just don't see the point of sugar coating it !!

Fact !! Running a engine untill it seizes cause of no oil= lots of junk parts!!

luvmyex
07-16-2003, 10:25 AM
i bet i but a 450motor before i sink 2 grand into that.Hell you can almost get a new one for that.May even go to yammyhaw.Did i really say that?:confused2
But i got me a shiney new bumper in the mail today:rolleyes: