PDA

View Full Version : 250ex Tires

joejoe
07-13-2003, 10:50 AM
I would like to get some aftermarket tires for my 250ex but wonder what kind to get? I'm leaning towards Maxxis RAZRs or ITP Holeshots any suggestions would be helpful. THANKS

2003 250ex
K&N airfilter+outerware prefilter
procircuit T-4 full system
trail tech speedo
DG nerfs
acerbis handguards
homemade skidplates
homemade A-arm plates
armadillo six pack rack
:confused:

Striker49
07-13-2003, 12:42 PM
My sister has a set of 22" Razrs on hers. Great tires, hold up to alot and they have been on it for well over a year and still have 50% tread left with a heavy amount of road riding put on em. They are 4-plys and have only had a nail go through em once. They also help widen the stance a little in the back and give for a more stable ride around the corners. You can also pretty much kick the rear out and throw some roost whenever you want around the turns.
If you ride sand and mud all the time, dont get Razrs or Holeshots...both suck in sand, they just dig in. Both perform ok in mud as long as you keep the tires spinnin plenty fast and hug the rev limiter. I took the Razrs and put em on the Recon last week when I was riding and never got stuck, except when I framed it. :p
The tires have great hookup too, but they do push a little when the fronts are worn, but nothing you should not be able to handle.
Also, if you want to keep your gearing the way it is, stick with the 22", but if you want more low end then def go with the 20". They look better in my opinion, and if you dont ride rutted trails, then they should be great.

Hope that helps you out. :)

250EXking
07-13-2003, 12:46 PM
i would also say razrs but 20 inch as you can see 22's are big.

250EXstud
07-13-2003, 04:07 PM
i have Itp Holeshot XCR they are pretty good

crazybuffalo
07-15-2003, 08:00 PM
id go with the razrs

ShiftFMX
07-16-2003, 04:43 AM
Yeah, DEFFINATLY the razr's! There good in pretty much ALL conditions! Snow, mud, Hard pack, even sand, i had 4-ply and i only got one hole, from a nail, but i got it plugged, and it was all good from there on! I got mine in the winter of....'02 i think and i got rid of my quad in....April of this year i think...and there was still pleenty of tread left! I did lots of road riding too, but mostly hard packed dirt and mud, and a little sand dune'n here and there. I had the 22", and they were great and all, but i just they were a little bit TOO BIG! so Like all these other ppl said, go with the 20" tires. u can get them mounted on ur stock rims for abour $15 a tire, thats wut i did.

GOOD LUCK!

I'll post sum pics for ya, if you got ne questions, lemme know, and i'll check back on this thread from time 2 time.

ShiftFMX
07-16-2003, 04:45 AM
Great in sand!

ShiftFMX
07-16-2003, 04:54 AM
*Snow*

They work Alright in deeper snow too, wouldnt try nething over 6-9" tho.

ShiftFMX
07-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Also good when theres a 2-3" coating of mud on ur track. Heres a pic of me jumping when my track was Really muddy, u can see the mud that got spit off my tires...

ShiftFMX
07-16-2003, 05:03 AM
Last one...

Not good in really wet, deep mud, especially when theres a slight hill at the end....i had to get off and push my quad out in reverse, these are the times whe i was glad my quad didnt have a clutch :devil:

spud400ex
07-16-2003, 05:16 AM
knarlys are great tires to. i have 20s and haveant had a flat yet, i even ran over a broken bottle and no flats yet. plus they are still at full traed after 3 months.

redroost85
07-16-2003, 02:03 PM
I put 20" turf tamers on mine and I love them! But, I do mostly MX riding at the track. Not a whole lot of top end, but plenty of low end. They are light and give plenty of grip...cheap too.

JMO, I would caution going to a 22" tire...they are huge and weigh too much.

oh yeah, I got the razrs on the front and am very happy with them!:D