PDA

View Full Version : Another 2nd Place On The Predator!

FourFiftyFour
07-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Well, my Dale isnt running yet so I was lucky to get to borrow the Predator again. I came in 3rd the first moto ( I even passed a chick who races national level) and 2nd the 2nd moto, so I came in 2nd overall :D Some photographer lady said she got some good pics of me so Im gonna give her a call tomorrow and see if she can send me some of those pics so I can post some, anyways I cleared quite a few nice sized step ups and I almost ended up tripling one of the jumps :eek: sorta took me by surprise, but Im gettin closer and closer to the 1st place chick, and she got 2nd at the Georgia nationals... I think next year im gonna be goin to some of the nationals :D :D

Scottie Mac
07-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Congrats. My brother raced for the first time this weekend on his Predator. I have been using it for the last month while I was putting my own bike togeher. He finished 5th Friday night, but got 2nd overall yesterday. (won the 2nd moto) The Predator is an awesome quad right out of the box. It is a shame more people won't give it a chance.

Scott

roostin_dale
07-13-2003, 04:54 PM
congrats! What are you doing to your dale? And who's pred. was it?:confused:

07-13-2003, 05:00 PM
imagine if you were on a good quad;) j/p, congrats

roostin_dale
07-13-2003, 05:04 PM
lmao^

if ya had your dale you woulda won easy:o

TC17
07-13-2003, 05:56 PM
awesome. i don't see too many chick riders out there although there is a FAST chick on a warrior in my class. can't wait to see the pics.

250x#93
07-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Congrats kara, keep up the good racin;)

FourFiftyFour
07-13-2003, 06:11 PM
it was my friends that races a 265r in intermediate, i really like the predator a lot now. My dale is almost running, by the time I get home, I should have all my parts waitin for me... so I should have it together hopefully for next race :devil: they told me im gonna be fast on it..... I cant wait to get it runnin either.... I was runnin with some chicks who raced nationals and the only one that beat me got 2nd place in a national race and I have only ridden 3 times in like 3 months :confused2 and on a borrowed quad :p

Narly R
07-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Well you could kick my butt...:(

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Sweeeeet Kara! Yeah, imagine if you where on your Cannondale! Can't wait to hear how you do on it. Keep up the good work, show them girls how it's done. :)

CAMPRO
07-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
it was my friends that races a 265r in intermediate, i really like the predator a lot now. My dale is almost running, by the time I get home, I should have all my parts waitin for me... so I should have it together hopefully for next race :devil: they told me im gonna be fast on it..... I cant wait to get it runnin either.... I was runnin with some chicks who raced nationals and the only one that beat me got 2nd place in a national race and I have only ridden 3 times in like 3 months :confused2 and on a borrowed quad :p

Any chance you're looking for a gentleman when you turn 18... let me know!!

-Andrew

bansheeguy77
07-14-2003, 05:23 AM
i think she is 18 :confused: but anywho sounds great way to kick some ***.

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by CAMPRO
Any chance you're looking for a gentleman when you turn 18... let me know!!

-Andrew

Yeah, she's 18.......and get in line brotha! :devil:

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 06:34 AM
haHA, you guys are funny :p So there's a line for me now? haha who's first? :p

Ive gotten so used to the Predator that its gonna be weird to be on a lightweight quad again.... I'll prolly fly on the Dale..

JLanphear
07-14-2003, 06:45 AM
haHA, you guys are funny :p So there's a line for me now? haha who's first? :p

Ive gotten so used to the Predator that its gonna be weird to be on a lightweight quad again.... I'll prolly fly on the Dale..

Yeah, I hear there is quite a line...

http://nasismiddle.nbed.nb.ca/images/MVC-017S.JPG

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 06:46 AM
oh my!!! :eek: :eek: May the best quad racer win!!!!!! lmao

hessianmx111
07-14-2003, 06:46 AM
congrats, seems like just yesterday you were ridin the x in your first race. you really need to get some more pics. has the lady got em done yet

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Im fixin to call her in a few minutes, Im going to give her my address and such and by the time I get back from North Carolina I should have them here... I might get some pics of me ridin Evans 250r so I will post some of those also, I might have those sometime during the week.

Yeah I remember the days of racin my X... I have come a long way in a short time.... some ppl dont recognize that I was the girl with the X when they see me on a different quad... and I have the same number and same bright orange gear... it just doesnt click I guess.... :confused2

CAMPRO
07-14-2003, 09:04 AM
haha who's first? :p

Uhh... ME!!! Seeing as how we both ride cannondales, I'd say we have something in common; making me.... first in line!

-Andrew

PS... You still haven't given JLanphear or I any word yet about footage of you riding. Soooo... what's the word???

cdalejef
07-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Way to go Kara!!!:macho

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by CAMPRO
Uhh... ME!!! Seeing as how we both ride cannondales, I'd say we have something in common; making me.... first in line!

-Andrew

PS... You still haven't given JLanphear or I any word yet about footage of you riding. Soooo... what's the word???

I dont have a video camera so it makes things hard for me to get any vids of me riding, but someone might have gotten shots of me at the race... I'll have to ask a few ppl, but Im gonna be out of state for a week so I wont be able to send out anything for a bit

BTW Cannondale riders get a better shot at bein first in line :p :p LMAO

Scottie Mac
07-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Funny, from my experiance Cannondale riders are usually in the back. :)

JUST KIDDING GUYS, JUST KIDDING!! don't get all defensive.

Scott

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Funny, from my experiance Cannondale riders are usually in the back. :)

JUST KIDDING GUYS, JUST KIDDING!! don't get all defensive.

Scott

maybe your life is backwards or sumthin then.... :huh cannondales are fast sons of biches

Scottie Mac
07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
OK, once again, joke. I know cannondales are nice, too bad they didn't make it, I thought they were on the right track.

Scott

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
OK, once again, joke. I know cannondales are nice, too bad they didn't make it, I thought they were on the right track.

Scott

they would still be here if they didnt make the Glamis and stupid crap like that....they shoulda made just 2 different models and thats it...... o well JMO

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I have TWO Cannondales......and I own a shop that sells/sevices Cannondales.....and I know Steve Maslanik pretty good.....so I HAVE to be in the lead! :blah: :macho

cdalejef
07-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Long live CDale!!!:macho

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Long live CDale!!!:macho

Amen brother!

Jeff know's he's the Godfatha of Cannondale racers. :cool:

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I have TWO Cannondales......and I own a shop that sells/sevices Cannondales.....and I know Steve Maslanik pretty good.....so I HAVE to be in the lead! :blah: :macho

haha that would be hard to beat! wow! furious competition here..... :macho

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 03:39 PM
haha who's first?

Kara, you already know who's first in line... ;) :macho

I heard that C-dale you got is pretty awesome. I also heard that the first owner was a badass and that nobody else could compare to him. Is that true?

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Kara, you already know who's first in line... ;) :macho

I heard that C-dale you got is pretty awesome. I also heard that the first owner was a badass and that nobody else could compare to him. Is that true?

yeah no one can be in front of u :) hehe

yeah the dude i bought the Dale from was pretty awesome.. even tho he couldnt work the gas station pump correctly... :p

Cant wait to go to Schlitterbahn!!! :devil:

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Yeah, and he flipped his front wheels EVEN though we TRIED to talk him out of it!:cuss:

Where the heck you been hiding at!?:macho How's the 250f treatin ya?

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Yeah, and he flipped his front wheels EVEN though we TRIED to talk him out of it!:cuss:

those wheels WONT be flipped much longer....i dont like how they make the quad handle......lol

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 04:00 PM

Hey whats up man? I've been around, I still post here a lot, but the EXRacing section turned in to the XC Racing section and thats not my style, so I'm over herre.

Sorry about the front rims, the added stability in the corners made up for the bad handling to me, so I had to go w/ what worked for me. Sorry Kara... I hope you forgive me. :(

Oh and sorry to all you other guys in line... what can I say, I'm just irresistable.

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 04:01 PM
lol! I know! I don't understand how you can steer that thing around the track. Hey, make sure you check out Jaybr's deal on Moto Shocks. It's kinda hard to beat! I'm getting a set for my new project. I just picked up a 2002 Moto pretty cheap! :cool:

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM
lol! I know! I don't understand how you can steer that thing around the track. Hey, make sure you check out Jaybr's deal on Moto Shocks. It's kinda hard to beat! I'm getting a set for my new project. I just picked up a 2002 Moto pretty cheap! :cool:

oooooooo how much???

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey whats up man? I've been around, I still post here a lot, but the EXRacing section turned in to the XC Racing section and thats not my style, so I'm over herre.

Sorry about the front rims, the added stability in the corners made up for the bad handling to me, so I had to go w/ what worked for me. Sorry Kara... I hope you forgive me. :(

Oh and sorry to all you other guys in line... what can I say, I'm just irresistable.

Shhh! u werent supposed to make em feel bad!!!!!! make them think they still have a chance!!!!! :D

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh, and I absolutely love my 250F. Everytime I ride it I love it a little more. My first race is comin up this Saturday!!!!!! Well... I guess it'll be my second first race.

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Now that I'm getting used to riding my bike on the track, I don't see how I rode my quad on the track at all. I mean, the suspension alone was bad. My stock suspension on my bike feels better than the TCS shocks I rode on. I liked quad racing, but you gotta have balls to do a lot of that shiit. I could do it before when I didn't know any different, but I don't think I could do it after coming off of bikes.

Oh, sorry again guys, you still have a chance :rolleyes: :p :D

FourFiftyFour
07-14-2003, 04:17 PM

Oh, sorry again guys, you still have a chance :rolleyes: :p :D

unless u take me with the truck LMAO

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 04:24 PM
;)

jcv400ex
07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
I can't tell ya how much I got it for, you'd cry! :D

Cool, I know what you mean. I rode the X440 for a couple of months while my quad was in pieces. I hit the MX track a few times on it, and absolutely loved it! Forgot how much fun that was. Last bike I raced was a 1992 RM 125! :confused2 But I sold the X, and I'm more of a woods rider. But, now that I got the Moto I'm going to try the last part of the local season on it, and try some TT racing on it. Make sure you let us know how you do on the bike! Get some pics too. I rode a customers 250f around the field. I can't believe the power that thing has! Just needs alittle more of a bottom hit and it'd be perfect! We pimped his out with an FMF TI pipe, blue excel wheels, starcross tires, blue Applied triple clamps with the blue Tag T-2's. WOW!! It looked good!

Good to hear from ya agian! :)

MxDale71
07-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Ya dude, I think bikes just fit my style better than quads. Before I always hated to square of jumps and I would get in to much of a hurry and I've gotten pretty side ways on some jumps when I was on quads. Now I can hit jumps at angles, like right out of corners, and it doesnt' do anything to weird on me. It's just safer for me, I think. I would like a little more low end power. I should prolly just gear the bike down a little by goin up a couple teeth on the rear sprocket, but I dunno... I might do that this week.

I'll post pic as I get them. Here is a photoshopped pic of what my bike will look like this winter. Obviously it will look better in real life but this just gives an idea. My plans are blue veing PC'ed frame and hubs, black excel rims, black gripper seat, black # plate back grounds w/ white numbers, and a pro circuit T4 silencer or a WB R4 Silencer. I'm gonna stick w/ the stock looking graphics. Facotry Effex makes some factory graphics replica's that I'll prolly be runnin on some new plastics.