PDA

View Full Version : .

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-13-2003, 09:17 AM
My friend has a 00 400EX thats in need of a motor buildup. He rides 50% trails, 25% dunes, and 25% fireroads. He wants a motor with gobs of torque but also a healthy shot of high end horsepower.

skemp
07-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Where did you hear that? I think Mickey Dunlap knows his stuff more than most of the guys out there. Just wondering. :)

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-13-2003, 10:00 AM
You should go read some of his posts about oil coolers. This man sounds like a scam artist. IMO.

AtvMxRider
07-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX
You should go read some of his posts about oil coolers. This man sounds like a skam artist. IMO.

Well why don't you pm him and ask him if he's a scam artist:ermm: . I think Mickey is a very reputable engine builder. I read most of the post about the oil coolers and I don't agree with any of it.

mx400
07-13-2003, 11:29 AM
i would tell your friend to look into Sparks Racing. their 416 gncc kit has gobs of toque. its a very well built kit too. their work is awesome and very reliable

Dunlap
07-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Tell all your friend's to go somewhere else!

JD400exrider
07-13-2003, 12:07 PM
What kind of crap is this thread. I heard this I heard that. You make a determination of one of the major engine builders that he may be a scam because of a thread on oil coolers. :grr: As far as i am concerned he is a stand up guy comes on this site and answers all kinds questions for people and gives his feed back. He has given me advise many times in a prompt and curtious manner.
Tell me any business owner who would want himself or his company dragged through the dirt from somebody that has never even used him or knows him.
Starting a thread "Is FST that crappy?" is BS :devil: :devil:

phatswinn
07-13-2003, 12:26 PM
if mickey dunlap is a scam artist none of the top pros would be using his engines

TRX300X
07-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Being in the powersports buisness myself I can say that this goes to show something I found otu a long time ago. One bad experience with one person can turn away a dozen potential customers where as one good experience with one customer generally wont gain you any more buisness then that one person.

Instead of asking people to bash the man and his buisness you sould better ask what his customers think about his products and the service he provides. Give him a break he's trying to make an honest buck and doesn't need peple bashing him who have never used his product.

remlapr
07-13-2003, 01:03 PM
This thread should be locked. I think it's cool to have Mickey on the site and when we have people that don't know what they are talking about come on here and start dragging his name through the dirt what do you think is going to happen?? Mickey is going to decide to say F*ck exriders and stop coming on here and posting. I don't think Ben or anyone else wants to see that happen so I say lock it. If this guy had actual experience with FST and had some legitimate complaint and posted it - that would be one thing, but allowing him to post this crap only hurts the site.

Chef
07-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
Tell all your friend's to go somewhere else!

The Oil Cooler has worked great on the 460 Mickey, thanks.:)

Ben
07-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Mickey Dunlap has an excellent reputation. If you have questions on his products feel free to ask here, even specific complaints on an engine he has built for you are ok. Bashing his company is not ok, nor is your blatant reliance on hearsay. Get this crap off here - we are lucky to have engine builders of the top quality like Mickey and FDO on here. You on the other hand are doing nothing but causing a problem :scary: