PDA

View Full Version : You guys think i should part the R out?

mrusk
07-13-2003, 07:48 AM
This is not a classified ad. I am just asking what you guys THINK i should do.

One way or another i need to get rid of my R and have 6500-7000 in my pocket. I put 9k in parts/motor work into this quad and rode it for 2 hrs. Lots of things have changed since i began rebuilding it. So i gotta sell it. I'm itching for a street bike and a new lawn mower.

I realize that no one that knows anything about quads would give me proably more than 5500 for it the way prices are going now. So i was thinking of taking off alot of aftermarket parts off and selling it closer to stock.

Id take off the herrmann aarms, elka front and rear shocks, prp front hubs, lsr rear hubs, lsr axle and antifade, nacs kick starter, rebuildable denton dampner, brand new front brake calipers, omf radaitor louver, houser +1 chrome sterring stem, hinson -1 brake pedal, esr billet shifter, nacs billet sterring stem mount, 4 brand new tie rod ends. i figuer i can get roughly 3000 bucks for all that.
Then i would sell the thing for 3800-4000 with all stock suspension and one built mofo. I really dont want to get into ripping **** outta the motor. I have the cr ignition and stuff on it but i dont want to have to mess with getting the stock ignition to spark.

What do you think i should do? Are people still interested in R parts?

matt

roostin_dale
07-13-2003, 08:04 AM
yea..people are still interested in R parts...i think it is a good idea to part it out;)

kicker696
07-13-2003, 08:12 AM
if you would part it out i would be interested in the frame, font calipers, spindals, front hubs, stock front brake lever, rear brake assembly, rear brake caliper, motor mounts, plastic, front bumper, berring carrier, axle, rear hubs, and maybe the swingarm, being the price is right

mrusk
07-13-2003, 08:20 AM
I aint parting everything out, i am just parting out the aftermarket parts. Going to sell a half stock quad.

Kicker let me talk this parting out plan over with my dad tonite and if all goes well i'll pm u some prices on the
font calipers, front hubs, stock front brake lever, axle, rear hubs.

matt

07-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by kicker696
if you would part it out i would be interested in the frame, font calipers, spindals, front hubs, stock front brake lever, rear brake assembly, rear brake caliper, motor mounts, plastic, front bumper, berring carrier, axle, rear hubs, and maybe the swingarm, being the price is right ...someones got a project ..:eek2:

07-13-2003, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by roostin_dale
[B]yea..people are still interested in R parts...& I am sure they always will be ;)

kicker696
07-13-2003, 10:56 AM
yeh, the project is a mini racer for my little bro, because the track we race at just went to AMA rules

crazybuffalo
07-15-2003, 08:03 PM
you would probably make more by parting it out.so i would say yes.