PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Pure Sports Bandits?

RIDER11X
07-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Who uses them? Are they a good woods tire? What sizes do you run? Thanks!:)

4TraxRider
07-13-2003, 08:07 AM
My buddy has a set on his Mojave, I like them for trail riding, only rode his a fw times, they are really tough, but heavy. Almost no wear after a year of riding. They are 22 inch rears and 21 fronts. His user name is Mojave 11 on here, if you want to ask him more questions about them.

skemp
07-13-2003, 09:49 AM
I will tell you one thing; they are the toughest ATV tires I have ever had experience with. They last forever and are so stiff they will run without air.

lil'redrocket
07-13-2003, 01:52 PM
I've had a set for about a year now (20x10x9) They wear good, hook up good, are tuff as nails...but are heavy and that robs hp.

Steven
07-13-2003, 02:30 PM
very tough but heavy. had a set for 2 years now and they are hardly worn. they are very stiff so they like to slide. they hook well in the loam and not as well in the hard pack.

suck my pipe
07-13-2003, 05:21 PM
I loved mine when I still had my Recon, but my cousin had them on a DS 650 and they would'nt hook up at all with that much power, But yes they do last FOREVER, and are very tuff. I wouldnt suggest them for jumping, it would proubly be a really ruff landing.

LilGuyOn400ex
07-13-2003, 07:30 PM
good traction in loose stuff and will last for ever but are so heavy id never use them for anything off the ground

07-14-2003, 06:58 AM
I have some that come on my 400. I really don't like em that much. But all i really do is race mx. I trail ride sometimes. I'm gettin a set of turfs soon. They hold up good but are really HEAVY! they sux for traction. I would really want them again

RIDER11X
07-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
I have some that come on my 400. I really don't like em that much. But all i really do is race mx. I trail ride sometimes. I'm gettin a set of turfs soon. They hold up good but are really HEAVY! they sux for traction. I would really want them again
:huh If traction s**, why do you want them again?

SLB400EX
07-15-2003, 01:56 AM
I have a set of Bandits.
XCR Fronts-23"(for sale on e-bay).
XC Rears 22".
GREAT tires....can't add much to what has already been said about them. Except for the last traction comment..I don't have any trouble getting traction...... and I can slide them when need be. ;)

The rears, on stocks rims, weigh in at 23# ea.
The fronts, NOT mounted, weigh in at 14# ea.

they are a tad heavy, but not so much so that they destroy bearings and what-not.

just another note.....my rears measure just over 21"-but not by much. I only run about 2 lbs of air in them. Fronts aren't a true 23" either.

Later..Sherri

RIDER11X
07-15-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by SLB400EX
I have a set of Bandits.
XCR Fronts-23"(for sale on e-bay).
XC Rears 22".
GREAT tires....can't add much to what has already been said about them. Except for the last traction comment..I don't have any trouble getting traction...... and I can slide them when need be. ;)

The rears, on stocks rims, weigh in at 23# ea.
The fronts, NOT mounted, weigh in at 14# ea.

they are a tad heavy, but not so much so that they destroy bearings and what-not.

just another note.....my rears measure just over 21"-but not by much. I only run about 2 lbs of air in them. Fronts aren't a true 23" either.

Later..Sherri A couple questions:
Why are you selling them?
What is the measurement on the 23" fronts?
Thanks.:)

SLB400EX
07-15-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
A couple questions:
Why are you selling them?
What is the measurement on the 23" fronts?
Thanks.:)

I measured the fronts and got 21 1/4" (-/+ a cm). Mind you, they aren't mounted right now, not sure how much of a differnce that makes in their true height. When mounted, they are real close to the same height as my front 22" Holeshots(XC).
As to why I'm selling them...I'm selling off some stuff(some non-atv stuff too) to build up my "steering stabilzer fund"(I desparately need one)..so, with all the atv tires in our barn(too many really), I'm selling these front.

Later..Sher

07-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
:huh If traction s**, why do you want them again?

I meant wouldn't. Matter of fact i wouldn't even look into them if i was u. Those tires cost me first 2 times. I threw my quad around sideways and it just kept goin and did a 360 + some. Needless to say the traction sux.

Rip_Tear
07-15-2003, 11:55 AM
They are tuff as anything! But I hate their traction! They are no good in snow or any wet stuff. Good road tire...

07-15-2003, 03:23 PM
deff. a good choice for a street tire. They are tough as nails!

KASCHAK
07-15-2003, 05:17 PM
i have the front and rears. there great. wear really slow. really tought i run the backs with 3 lbs. they dont get holes and traction is friggin nuts. fronts are really good too. very good in the woods.

Kilabanshee
07-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Kaschak i think that was one of the reasons why your quad was smoking me off the line. Did you see my knobbies there like a quarter of an inch. Iam thinkin about getting those tires or some tamers.

YZROOSTINYA
07-16-2003, 03:16 AM
I hate the rear bandits but I like the fronts

23" XCR 6 ply

Kilabanshee
07-16-2003, 03:22 AM
Yeah everyother person has differnt thoughts of bandits. I mean i personaly like them i heard they wear slow and there knobbies are huge. And most of my friends have them on there quads and make out great on them. Cause i remember kaschak had them on his beast up in eckerly miners village and was almost smoking everything he went against. Kaschak later that day didnot you smoked a stock cannondale.

YZROOSTINYA
07-16-2003, 05:36 AM
exactly

to each there own

my one buddy likes em

my other buddy hates em

we ALL love the fronts