PDA

View Full Version : Please Define Importance of rebound/comp?

Pepto_Bismol
01-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Some of you have works TR with rezzies, others have pep, axis, ect. My question is how important is it to have adjustable compression and rebound. Can someone give a basic description of how rebound and compression work to provide a better ride? And do all of you who have those really expensive shocks adjust and tweak your settings all the time? I don't have that much money, but I want to get some suspension for the interum and save for a houser\elka combo in about a year. Would works TR do ok for now?( mostly desert/trail with some mx riding) Thanks
Pep.:cool:

Dave400ex
01-16-2002, 05:39 PM
They must make a difference, or the guys on here wouldn`t have the Rebound/Comp. adjust rezzies. Did you delete that other Post? I really think you should just save for the Elka Shocks. Buying $500 worth of Shocks and then buying another $800 or however much of Shocks a year later would be a waste. Sure you could sell the Works, but you will loose money. How much are the Elka Shocks you want to get?

kabd69667
01-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Don't waste your money with rebound adjust. It is very hard to dial in and it actually takes travel away. I went with just compression adjust triple rate elkas. Call mark at HSD Racing. Very nice guy, great service and great prices. You can go to www.elkasuspension.com or www.hsdracing.com to see some elkas. It's not even hard to adjust the compression. You just turn a dail the same amount on both shocks