PDA

View Full Version : engine builder vs. engine builder

slosh13
07-13-2003, 06:39 AM
I am planning on doing some motorwork to my 400ex this winter, like maybe putting a 416 kit in it. Who does the best motor work out of these guys? Who has had the best luck with any of the engine builders? Who do any of you fellow EXRIDERS recommend as an engine builder? Who has the best prices and does the best job for the money?

1. FDO RACING
2. HETRICK RACING
3. PROFAB ATV
4. LRD PREFORMANCE

What I am planning on doing to my motor is a Ross/JE 416 piston kit, new steel flex gaskets, some kind of a aggressive cam, a port and polish job, and maybe a few other mods... But when its all said and done I want the best bang for my buck. Help me out cuz im kinda stuck. thanks.

Narly R
07-13-2003, 07:14 AM
Well if your sponsered by Hetrick Racing, then wouldnt you be able to get it cheaper?But if you dont go with them i dont know about costs, but Id say LRD, I lOVE there kits for r's so i bet there 400 ex would be good, they know what there doin too!:ermm:

bradley300
07-13-2003, 08:33 AM
you might want to talk to gthunder also. there web page is in our links section

mx400
07-13-2003, 09:02 AM
i would look into Sparks Racing or Nac's Racing. Nac's has built some pretty nasty motor for some of the guys i ride with and i know quite a few people on here have work done from Sparks Racing and i personally plan on getting motor work done by them. but out of the list you specified i would go LRD

zoom400ex
07-13-2003, 09:58 AM
they are all well respected engine builders...........i doubt you would go wrong with either of these choices

Scott-300ex
07-13-2003, 10:56 AM
hey, slosh13, in your sig it says

"Wow, you must be fast, cuz I was haulin ***** when i passed you."

it is supposed to be "cuz YOU were haulin............"

:p

Giz400ex
07-13-2003, 02:17 PM
You really don't need a engine builder to do a 416. The only thing you can't do (unless you have the machines, tools ect..) is to bore your cylinder and if you chose to port ect.... Other than that, to install cam, piston, rockers, springs.......these things you can do yourself and save ALOT of $$$$ and you'll be riding it sooner. What your really doing is eliminating the middle man (engine builder)!!!

rhandw69
07-14-2003, 11:29 AM
I have a couple more that are good as well. I had Trinity do my motor work and i had excellent results. Also Powroll knows there stuff when it comes to 4 strokes just as good as anyone.

abcracing
07-14-2003, 05:03 PM
hands down the best there is, is FDO RACING mike is a great guy and very reasonable price wise.give him a call and talk to him. later BILL

jamiesel
07-14-2003, 06:01 PM
LRD

07-15-2003, 01:53 PM
just about anyone you hear about is good. from personal experiance I can tell you that FDO builds some Kick arse motors. great HP and and reliability. also great people to deal with